Accepted Remove Men in the Middle

Discussion in 'Fun Rounds' started by Giraffe, Aug 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giraffe

Giraffe We take the small victories VIP Silver Emerald

Not really a suggestion forum for fun rounds so thought here would be okay.
    And I'm going to preface with saying that the original Men in the Middle wasn't fun or better either.

Men in the Middle is just not a fun game mode. On paper, it sounds terrific. In execution, it feels really poor.
    The "Men" having a crossbow now is much worse than before as they have a hit scan weapon.
    Everyone with umps can shoot each other messing with each other's shots which is more trollish than anything.
    The fun round itself always feels like one "team" is much stronger than the other.
    I don't believe there is really a good way to balance the game mode to make it fun.
    Everyone kinda just fires blindly until everyone is dead.
    Rounds go on forever and feel like they take way too long.
    Also there always seems to be issues/bugs within the game mode itself.
    Currently, sometimes if the man who is in the middle kills themself or dies to world no new man is selected.
    The players are then stuck unless they all kill themselves, are all slain, or a new round is forced.
    (NOTE: This has been brought up already and there is supposed to be a fix for it soon)

On top of this I feel there is just an over saturation of fun rounds on the servers.
    I know there are nine fun rounds (not including seasonal ones) but fun rounds aren't guaranteed every map.
    And in my time of playing on the servers whenever this fun around is played everyone complains.
    Based on the other threads, it is clear the community does not like this fun round.
    So I suggest it just be removed, rather than try to be reworked or salvaged.

Other threads of complaints and suggestions to remove the game mode.
    https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads...men-in-the-middle-remove-the-fun-round.43321/
    https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/remove-men-in-the-middle.46728/
    https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/redundancy-common-complaints.49163/
    https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/get-rid-of-change-men-in-the-middle.49153/
    https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/petition-to-get-rid-of-men-in-the-middle.49310/
    https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/whenever-man-in-the-middle-comes-on.49654/

• Agree x 21
    • Winner x 3
    • Dislike x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  2. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I agree with this completely. +1

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Falcor

Falcor ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ VIP Silver

+1 It also seems to get randomly selected more than others, so i've personally heard the cries and groans much more recently since the change/event. Make fun rounds fun again!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Rozboon

Rozboon Forgive and Forget, or just forget. VIP

+10000

When this gamemode first hit, it was something different, not a good type of different at all, one that made people leave and complain because it was utter garbage, with the changes that were made, it's even worse.

The game mode just needs to be removed as the changes didn't make it anymore fun and I really see no way to improve on it to make it an actual enjoyable fun round. *cough* remove gun game as well *cough*

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. +1

I agree, it sounds fantastic but it's executed poorly and I personally have no suggestions on how to improve it really. People intentionally just shoot each other to troll instead of actually trying to kill the men in the middle. Plenty of other fun rounds available, I don't think this one will be missed much.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Dargar

Dargar VIP Bronze

+1 This game mode just isn't fun. Every time I see the purple fun round thing pop up its sad. No one wants to play it, and you usually end up waiting forever for the next round to start.

7. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

I'll smack this bad boy over to general TTT suggestions after I post, since it's less a discussion and more a suggestion.

TL;DR: +0.5 - take it off the servers, but do not remove permanently.

I like it conceptually and would love for it to be a mode, but earlier today it was not really enjoyable. In its current iteration, it's not really enjoyable.
    Right now, it encourages players to hide from the man because it increases the odds of oneself winning, as early men just get stomped - which means killing the man early means you get stomped. And rolling man first is a near-guaranteed loss so you just have to gun for most kills - which is unlikely.
    Fun rounds should be engaging, fun, and offer a change of pace, and currently this one only succeeds at the latter - and not in a good way.
    For those reasons, my opinion is that it should be taken off live and reworked (and then play-tested on PTS).

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. olivia

olivia queen of dankness VIP

what a well-crafted thread. that's a heckin +1 from me dawg

9. Sanchez ❤

Sanchez ❤ Junior staff trainer VIP

Agree +1

10. Eventful

Eventful Master of Chat Commands

Yeah, I agree. It's just not fun in its current state. +1

11. Panda With a Gun

Panda With a Gun CHINA NUMBA ONE Administrator VIP Emerald

I feel like I’m the only one that enjoys MITM.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  12. Han

Han       VIP

Sometimes you just gotta say "Hey, we gave it a good shot, but it's not working out. Time to call quits."

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

People still enjoy MitM. I really like it still. However, I do agree that it could use some work. I do not want to see it permanently removed from the servers. I would much rather improve the gamemode so everyone enjoys it, rather than just give up all together.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

A lot of people genuinely enjoy it, counting myself as well. As stated, there are some things that need to be tweaked. The crossbow almost makes it better, because it doesn't instant kill across the map, the crossbow bolt actually takes a second to reach the target so you have to actually aim it.

It's better than getting headshot wars 4-5 maps in a row where the same 2 people win.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. +1 I just kill myself as soon as the round starts when it's MitM. I also kill myself in the game.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Gonco

Gonco white knight VIP

giraffe just wants this removed because his friends always took his kick ball and threw it over his head until he cried

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  17. Panduh

Panduh I love ass VIP

I like Men in the Middle.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

this shit is big gay remove it now opal -69

19. Tetrium

Tetrium VIP

I support It

20. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

+1 I still just spec every single time this fun round comes on. It's one of the wost of the big team v small op team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.