remove KOSing a detective from T acts

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by dazza, Apr 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dazza

dazza Banned VIP Bronze

https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/koss-on-detectives.47948/#post-498511

i really dont see what the point of it being kosable is, 99% of the time its an inno messing around, so killing them just leads to lower karma and the T's getting closer to winning.

Also, kosing a detective can lead to toxic gameplay, for example : you KOS a det as an innocent, then when people, including the detectives try to kill you for the harmless KOS you can kill them in self defence, can be used to loophole which is something we should be working on getting rid of, sicne theres so many loopholes and this is an easy one to fix

• Disagree x 11
    • Dumb x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. Toest

Toest "I am the bus" ~ Falcor, all the time VIP

sometimes people can get confused if they just see the name and shoot, theres no reason you should EVER need to kos a detective so I think its a good rule (y)
    dont kill them if you dont want to

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️

twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️ screwdriver Banned VIP Silver

If people kill themselves pre round and get det, they have no skin. Lag can cause the blue circle to disappear. Under the right circumstances, it'll be literally impossible to tell that someone is a detective, so if you're just following a kos on someone you think to be an inno, and they turn out to be a det because of prior things mentioned, you've then RDMed.

hecking -1

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

Agreed.

People bring up that it's KOSable because you are kosing a proven person, but think about it. The reason why KOSing a proven person is traitorous, is because it has the chance of getting that proven person killed which benefits the Ts a lot. When someone KOSes a Det, the chances of that Det dying are close to none (under normal circumstances. The amount of times a Det gets shot by an inno cuz they were kos'd are miniscule compared to the amount of times an innocent gets shot because someone was petty enough to shoot them for KOSing a Det as a joke).

All I see come out of this rule is people being toxic and killing for the sake of killing. The model thing Echo brought up should be fixed already and is a rare case to begin with. If someone kills a Det ''accidentally'' because they didn't see they were a Det then in my opinion that's 100% fault of the person not paying any attention to who they are shooting. If you have time to read their name as the KOSed persons one then you have time to see that they're clearly a Detective.

at the same time u can just not KOS Dets so i dont really care much about this rule but i just wanted to type something

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

-1. I usually kill off of it if the person doesn’t seem to be saying it in a joking manner. It’s a good way to catch a traitor who screwed up an attempted false-KOS.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I see traitors spam KOS's when in a firefight and sometimes they KOS the D. Just don't do it if you're innocent or call it off quick if by accident .

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Han

Han       VIP

The majority of KOSes I've seen on detectives are joking, obvious KOSes. While there are the cases where a traitor will hit their KOS bind on a detective, that's never been more than an extreme minority for me. Everyone's experiences are different though. While I would like to see this rule removed, I'm pretty sure it's one of those older rules that is just going to be kept around because there's a small enough justification to let it stick.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  8. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

-1. The reason I am personally against this is because whenever someone jokingly KOSes a det, I have to go into tab and find their name, only to see that they're det, wasting my time. If this was removed, there would be a LOT more KOSes that I would have to check the tab menu for, wasting even more time and getting myself killed while standing still.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

idk what kind of servers you play on but I can't really think of a single instance where I killed someone for kosing a det and they were a traitor, and you should know I kill a lot of people.

+1 the suggestion

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Temar

Temar Administrator VIP

- Support for 2 reasons
    1. messing around with Kos is annoying as i will check my scoreboard etc and get distracted , potentially giving T opportunity to kill me
    2. Some people have a habit of doing a kos in a gun fight, that includes a T when fighting a D, many times Ive killed someone for False KoS against a D and they were a T

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

just don't kos detectives (?)

no need to change the rules so you can joke around with your friends.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

+1

Usually it's trolls / people who just want to use the rules to kill people using this. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

WHY?
    1 it is confusing for players, new and old. This is what T-acts are for.
    3 Why should you even kos a D other then to mess around or to confuse people.
    4 I have seen accidents of D's getting killed over a kos, the chances are as great as finding a metagamer, but the chances are there. And just cause something doesn't happen often, doesn't mean it is out of the picture.
    5 This might ask a spam of detective kosses, and who likes spam?
    6 you just passed over 2 ^

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. if you want to make a joke you can do it but be prepared for the consequences the way I see it

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

I killed @The Memelord the other day cause he KOSed me while I was det
    He was a T

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. SOMEONE ELSE CALLED THE KOS FIRST

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

I saw you before I saw them

18. Tophats

Tophats VIP

+1, we talked about this already

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. Adminツ

Adminツ VIP

?

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  20. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

There's no reason for an innocent to ever KOS a Detective. If they do, they should deal with the consequences. The rule was placed to discourage people from doing so as it puts them at risk, so it works as intended.
    Just don't do it, simple as that.

Thanks for suggesting.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.