remove ak47 from vanilla

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Adrian Shephard, May 18, 2017.

1. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

I see it as a way for people to donate to the servers and as a way to show off. I started on the Vanilla server but was rank less and went and ran around to find a gun. I saw someone with the AK and said where did you find that? They told me it was a VIP weapon and the that it doesn't drop like a normal weapon. From that point I wanted to join and donate to the servers to get the AK so that I may use it. Thankfully Mr. Butters got me VIP before I donated, then from that point I was using the AK and showing it off to friends who didn't. It also brings people back to the server knowing that they have an edge/advantage over others because they took just $20 to the server and kept it going and they get more kills.

That's why I think the AK was implemented and should stay and not drop like a normal gun. But that's just my 2ยข

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

Few people can properly use the gun anyway. I agree that it's an OP gun, but like @Xproplayer has already said, it's too late.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

Ok well I do disagree with the main post when it suggests removing it.

What I'm just proposing is to make it also available on the ground for non donors as well. Maybe make it rare or something? Donors would still hold advantage by having loadouts, but it would make the highest dps and most versatile gun on the server no longer be behind a payment wall.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

u mean like double barrel shotgun

5. Inferno

Inferno The Raging Inferno VIP

A rare drop seems fair to me, easier to implement while still letting VIPs keep their advantage.

6. s1rcool

s1rcool Active Member VIP

I'm bad at the game. Let's remove Weapons I can't use.
    +1

..-1

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Doctor Smurfenstein

Doctor Smurfenstein Active member Banned VIP

The AK being a donator weapon is at least partially an incentive to donate. In fact, I'd argue that it's more a reward for donating, than the reason for the donation itself. After all, you should donate to support the server, not to get some fancy guns.

The OP-ness of the AK is also debatable. It depends whether the player knows how to use it. Spraying won't get you far. If it does get into the hands of an experienced player, then I'd agree that it's more efficient in handing out dmg. Then again, an experienced player can kill with just about anything (HK SL8). In that sense, I'd say a shotgun is as OP as an AK. Looking at the other servers, this imbalance doesn't exist. Not only because everyone has access to all the guns, but also because they're generally more experienced.

The reason I believe you perceive it as OP is because it's only used by donators. These players have typically spent more time on the servers and are therefore, in most cases, objectively better at the game. In other words, whatever gun you give them, they'll probably still have an advantage through experience.

So, I believe we should do one of two things to further even out the playing field (on Vanilla):

- give other players a way to access the weapon without having to donate. Clearly, we can't just give AK's to everyone, otherwise I'm sure we'd see donations drop on those servers. However, I also don't agree with the random, rare drop suggestion. That would just increase imbalance towards the other players who didn't get to pick up the weapon. Instead of having say 2 VIP's with an AK, you'd suddenly have 8 players with an AK and 20 without.

- adjust the AK's specs in some way so it's more fair for those that don't have access to it, without making it obsolete (etc etc donations drop). (This sounds like a very tough problem to solve, and I don't think it will find a lot of support.)

8. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

o_O