Removal of ttt_clue_de or limit number of C4

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Randomman96, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Clue is, simply put, pure cancer from the C4 spam that is possible with roughly 40 players per map PLUS the ability to purchase Traitor. It simply just turns into the traitors throwing down C4 repeatedly which whipes out most of the players in a single blast due to the small size of the map and the fat that players are forced togther all to often. It simply does not become fun for all sides, as the innos have very few areas to hide from the blast, the detectives need to keep moving it to all the C4s, and the traitors can and will be caught in friendly blasts all too often.

The map either needs to be removed from the map pool or there should be a rule to the limit on the number of C4s that can be placed on that map.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

Another idea would be to remove it from the vote select screen if there are more than, say, 20 players. So it won't be removed, but will be a good choice for when not many players are on.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

remove map yes or remove c4. would be amusing to see and less drastic. could add a hook to disable c4 purchasing while on that map @Opalium

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Beta_Ray_Billl

Beta_Ray_Billl Active Member

5. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Its a fun little map to play. ITs like playing minesweeper. Dont go near a bomb.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wojack

Wojack Her king :3 VIP

It's too much fun to blow everyone up

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

no

you sit in piano room you live, easy

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Honestly, I have to agree, the c4 spam really gets on my nerves...

9. Dani

Dani Impersonating Staff Banned VIP

Wow dude nevermind that sounds like a ton of fun

• Old Old x 1
  10. Bravo

Bravo VIP

It's funny, I regularly hear people complaining about C4 spam on Clue, yet, when I'm not being shot by idiotic innocents, when I play as innocent on Clue I almost always win... could it be because I clear C4 rather than hide in a cupboard and door spam? Crazy talk!

C4 spam is only an issue because innocents are extremely passive, when innocents actively sweep the map it is possible to clear all C4 with minimal effort, and catch and kill C4 placers. Hell, I would argue at 40 people on the server it is actually harder to C4 spam than it is at 10-20, because there are simply so many innocents they cannot be caught. I certainly don't see a particularly lopsided traitor win rate compared to other maps when on high pop servers on Clue.

Further, it is hardly the only map that suffers from C4 spam - with minimal effort you can blow up around 75% of innocent motel with just a single bonus credit (one in downstairs T room, one in bathroom T room, one in upstairs T room) and this is probably the second most popular map in the rotation. And again - when you have 40 people pretty much any map CAN be C4 spammed to oblivion provided they actually communicate this plan.

In short, people just need to stop hiding when innocent, then the traitors will be forced to use gun play rather than C4 spam.

EDIT: That said, C4 on all maps should be limited to a single purchase, it would help considerably with server stability too.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. -1
    This is shit craic
    Get better

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

I agree with what @Bravo said, except for the limit of one C4 per player. If they were to make a limit per person, I'd prefer it to be two.

13. -1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1
    [​IMG]
    -1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Adminツ

Adminツ VIP

but I love saying EXPLOSSSIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON when I can see the c4 timer about to hit 0 and know the fact that at least 5 people are going to die.

15. Pups

Pups VIP

Absolute -1, it's always over fast - map wise, if people want to rtv it they can, but I personally love placing C4 and hunting them down, its pretty fun :( Yeah its a bit of a troll map, but there are people who really enjoy it.

Its one map out of many, and theres bound to be some you like and some you don't.

Plus I personally love seeing how many i can take out in a single blast.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1