Remote Sticky Bomb

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by john redcorn, Apr 11, 2016.

?

Is this a dandy weapon

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

There are several various workshops links to such a weapon, but https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=550005969&searchtext=remote seems to include the most balanced formatting.

Ever wanted to jihad without the repercussions of self-inflicted injury?
    The Remote Sticky Bomb would serve this exact niche role. allowing a traitor to apply the sticky bomb to any given innocent or detective. A stealthy traitor could apply such a sticky bomb, go charge it up hiding, and let the fireworks begin. This specific t weapon has some console configs, including charge time(default 15 seconds), explosion radius(defulat 500), and a config to allow a detective to defuse a sticked player.

The weapon also gives off those lovely 'tripmine'-esque HUD indicators for traitors, allowing for accidental RDM to be at a bare minimal.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

+1 sounds like the sticky grenade someone suggested a while ago but better.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Rude

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

Ay, I get to wait till they are in tester and wait and then boom.
    Free easy kills.

5. john redcorn

Yeah, a little more strategy and apprehension around even those you can technically trust according to the tester sounds like an amazing element to add.

6. Xaxago

Xaxago "Goodbye Mike"-Eleven VIP

They had this on the old server i played on, it was very fun.
    Also it was usefull but not op because you get caught,your fucked, but if you manage to plant the bomb its a great way to kill lots of people.

7. +1.

Can DNA be gotten off a defused sticky bomb? If so +2, since that makes it even more risky if the fuse time is 15s, which is plenty of time for a D to defuse it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ruby

Ruby Turn your wounds into wisdom Banned VIP Silver Emerald

This is lit

9. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

What if you kill the poor guy before the bomb detonates? I'm assuming that would stop detonation, and killing the victim would have to be justified because they put everyone in immediate danger. So the whole idea would be stumped because you can just kill the victim before the bomb goes off, at least with jihads the traitors can run around and try to avoid damage (plus jihads go off faster), here I think the victim would just accept fate before they can be saved by a defuser.

10. Chastity4lyfe

Chastity4lyfe *Eye roll* VIP Silver

If the person is moving around a ton (as most people are), is there a delay like the DNA scanner for location of the explosive? I imagine it wont be pretty when you think it's not near a T buddy and then boom it is and explodes.

11. It should be quicker than a scanner. Scanners are intentionally delayed to prevent the OPness of Detectives.

On that note, why not add an indicator to T buddies that are carrying jihads? That might be too costly on performance (one would have to check if they're carrying the jihad, and if so, broadcast their location to only traitors), though.

12. Carned

This is why you add the grenade instead heh

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Make the sticky attachable to any prop, then, including players and ragdolls. If the player with the sticky is shot, then it'll still go off as it's attached to the ragdoll.

That way it's RDM to kill the guy who has a sticky on him - because it doesn't matter if you kill him. The bomb still goes off.

14. Carned

But he's putting your life in danger, so surely you should be able to defend yourself?

15. If you made it a grenade, this would have the exact same problem except with a shorter fuse.

I like it with the longer fuse as a bomb because it makes it risky as you can defuse and then get DNA off the bomb.

As a nade, it's basically a Traitor weapon frag.

16. Carned

There is no problem, if a person is stuck with a grenade they can be shot.

Having a grenade version get's rid of an obsolete grenade (the tear gas)

And avoids any defusal issues or DNA stuff.

Nothing wrong with a traitor frag that can be used to get multiple kills in a tight area, especially if you see someone running toward a group.

17. So... the existing frag grenade? I'd be fine with a sticky grenade provided the frag and tear gas nades are removed in favor of it. Innos and detectives can barely, if ever, use a frag because it kills anyone.

If the frag as it is is made into a T weapon, buyable from the store, then it could be a lot more useful. Have the sticky nade with it as well, so Ts can buy one of each every round.

18. Carned

Why remove the frag? If you kill an innocent in T crossfire it's not RDM.

The sticky has a T bonus because you are guaranteed a kill if you can aim it correctly, not the same with a frag and it's harder to see a grenade stuck to someone and it won't have the rolling sound a grenade does.

19. Hyper ✿

Hyper ✿ peace lata VIP Bronze

The "default 500" explosion range should be increased to 1000 defulat Explosion range :p

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  20. john redcorn

I didn't think this would get so much traction so quickly, I'll test it on a server with a friend to see how it works to be exact later tonight. The logical result I want to say is it's 'defused', but a more interesting result I would say that it turns into a make-shift body bomb and the T can still blow his corpse up at whim. I'll report back testing this scenario.

Once again, I'll take a video of how exactly it works, but I everyone seems to be misreading it as "15-second second fuse", not "15 second charge time". Once it's charged, the poor innocent will start beeping like a madman and the traitor can choose to detonate it whenever after that point.