Regarding staff application ages.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by tz-, Jul 11, 2013.

1. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

In my application I said I was 15, wich was not true, I am 13, the few days I was a temp mod, I feel like I did my job succesfully, therefore I would like to say that I don't think someone's age should hold the Staff Admins/Admins back on accepting them or denying them. I think a player should honestly be picked on how they act as a person in the server, if he is friendly to others, or not. I also think that their past experience and maturity should also have a big role in the final decision, unless someone is "power hungry" and has mutiple staff positions on mutiple servers just to have it.
    Thanks for your time,
    TeeZ

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Detector

Detector Regular Member

seriousttt has staff of all ages. and by all ages I mean a bunch of people below 25.

3. Ninjaa

Ninjaa Regular Member

Lol. I am 13. I do the job successfully.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. tz-

The reason I say this is because I went threw the applications, seeing one that said, "well, your a bit young", seeing that I wanted to post this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. KING HOBO

KING HOBO Active Member

ya im 13 and i applied

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. tanner

tanner Member

me to, but am 14
    nobody is replying to my app :(

7. KING HOBO

KING HOBO Active Member

linkkjm said that 13 year olds are idiots and should not be mods (hes ignorant)

8. Wangerman

Wangerman Member

Well sometimes age does affect the performance of a mod. I'm 17 but i know that when i was 12-14 i was not a retard who has no responsibility. Maybe that's just how i was raised but some kids can be immature, you just have to monitor them before considering them to be mods.

9. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

One of our admins is 13 and he performs his duties responsibly. Obviously we don't discriminate on age.

10. Ninjaa

Ninjaa Regular Member

I am the 13 year old :)

11. Master

Master VIP

Sin up to be a mod all ages well come. Show the world you have the maturity, detective skills, people skills as well as a willingness to play a game and work at the same time all while keeping your cool. O pay not included.

12. eduardopy

eduardopy Banned

No idea ninjaa was 13. That is awesome. The fact that you guys don't automatically consider all teens stupid. I love this community more and more each day xD

13. KingAngel

KingAngel The 50 year old 13 year old VIP

I Became a Moderator on the server when i was 12 years old "July 8th" I'm 13 now birthday "July 12th" So honestly i don't think they really care about age, just maturity

14. Slippery

Slippery VIP

i don't mind having mods thy are younger than me. dragicula was a mod and was only 10. all the time i played with that kid he was the most mature kid that age i have ever seen. lol he made sure not to use his mic too haha. but yeah age doesn't seem like much of a big deal just your maturity towards reports and your actions as mod.

15. tz-

Wow, this thread is still an on-going one? Interesting... anyways, they main reason for this thread was when we only had one server and about 5-10 moderators, and on some applications some admins/others would post on peoples applications with a response of "Good applications, but you seem a bit young" and that was the main reason of posting this. It was basically to say that age honestly has no effect on how well someone can monderate on the servers, and it shouldn't make someone reconsider an application due to their age.

• Winner Winner x 1