Regarding goomba stomps

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Wolfbane, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Wolfbane

Wolfbane Music Has saved my life VIP

I've noticed that depending on the mod goomba stomps as an inno is treated as RDM and treated as slayable if the offended party reports you, but I can't find in the MOTD or the extended rules about it.

Goomba stomps or (free-falling) 99% of the time are accidental because gravity will do its thing if you miss the ladder or are falling to some sort of water. For example, in the map "Doll's" if the vent will pushes you a little bit too far up and if you will fall to your death, if anyone is unlucky enough to be going up as you're going down I don't think any of the party's involved are accountable. This can also be seen in many different maps.

I'm currently stating this to see if we can get to a consensus about this issue that I have not seen addressed officially in the MOTD or the extended thread. I'm very sure that someone must have mentioned this already but I wanted to express my two cents about it.

TL;DR
    Gooba stomps most of the times are accidental and shouldn't be treated as RDM.

2. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

It's only slayable if the victim wants you slain for it. If he/she doesn't want you slain, then the player gets warned about it. Accidental RDM still is RDM so no matter how much you wish not to get slain, the fact remains that you still ruined someone else's round and have to pay for it. In that case, the slay is the punishment. Always look down before jumping down somewhere. You don't have to be reported to get slain for a goomba stomping incident if the victim wants you slain for it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wolfbane

Wow, I read the extended rules like 4 times and never saw that thanks @MangoTango.

@Guilty Now I found the rule in the extended forum, Thanks for the reply.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wolfbane

This Thread is MOOT :V

6. Brahma

Brahma Homecoming. VIP Silver

Its fun, but it does ruin the experience for everyone i never tend to do it. The only time it happens for me is when someone throws a discom and i land on them or when i somehow fling off a ladder

• Like Like x 1
  7. TheAlmightyEnder

TheAlmightyEnder Supporter

During a past round on another server I was the last innocent but I didn't know it. There was only one other T and he was running around under me before he lifted his aim and began to fire. Being the huge pussy that I am, I panicked and jumped off. I landed on him and killed him, winning us the game.

We had a good laugh that day.

• Funny Funny x 1