Redundancy/Common Complaints

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Birddog6, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Birddog6

Birddog6 VIP

1. Mitm sucks. Just remove it.

2. We have The Reapers and The Hidden. Literally the same game mode, with different skin and spooky fog, that's it. Tell me a distinct difference between the reapers and the hidden.

3. We have the same maps, just different versions. [IE: community pool, two different versions. Why?]

If there's any others that I'm forgetting, let me know, but these are my big 3. Why are these not being addressed?

• Confusing Confusing x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Reapers is more fun than hidden, but they are different. Reapers can teleport and be seen from a distance, and imo makes reapers better because you actually have a fighting chance of killing a reaper if you have fast enough reaction time. I pretty much agree, though I haven't played the new version of MITM.

3. Birddog6

Birddog6 VIP

"Reapers can teleport and be seen from a distance, and imo makes reapers better because you actually have a fighting chance of killing a reaper if you have fast enough reaction time"

Literally a minor, negligible difference. That's like saying your ham sandwich comes with mustard.

If we have two of the same thing, why are we keeping them? Why don't we remove redundant, old content to make way for new content?

Or bring back Terror Train.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Ashes Relandi

Ashes Relandi ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Weeb Admin of TTT Administrator VIP Silver

Terror Train was removed as it caused way too many crashes so it's unlikely that'll come back.

5. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

and i'd say keep the reapers and ditch the hidden. They aren't the same fun round though, just very similar.

6. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

Having the ability to teleport is pretty distinct imo in this amazing thread.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Daddy Nexxus

Makes me wonder why we don't have a "sad" rating, wtf?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Han

Han       VIP

MiTM had some mechanics changed for the anniversary update - check out the thread for the specifics, since I don't remember them. It ( hopefully ) should be much more enjoyable now. Even if it wasn't altered, the debate over removing it was pretty even. 54 for keeping it, 51 for removing it. I dislike it as well, but other people disagree.

There are differences which make both gamemodes unique. I'm not going to act like they're not similar, but people like both, so there's not really an issue with that.

One version is an updated version that is true to the design of the original community pool, the other is a remodeled version of the original community pool. Again, similar, but people like both.

They aren't being addressed because there's nothing really wrong with redundancy. As long as people are happy with both options, there's not an issue. If they stopped new content from being added, it could become an issue, but I don't think that's the case here.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Birddog6

Birddog6 VIP

MITM still sucks ass and balls.

Why not add new maps, remove redundant content? Why do we have two maps of the same thing? Why do we have extremely similar pieces of content on a server, in place of drastically different content?

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

Thats your opinion. Personally, I really enjoy the new version, and the old one was also fun. But just because a few people dont like it, its not gonna get removed.

Redundancy isn't always bad. The different community pools are very different maps, and they are both fun in their own right, and the same with Hidden and Reapers. I have very different strategies for the gamemodes, since being able to see the reapers makes a huge difference vs. the hidden.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Birddog6

Birddog6 VIP

So, on the 5th anniversary- we can justify having redundant, overplayed maps, two very similar game modes, and a lack of substantial content that applies to every player, every round (except for traitor/detective items)?

Why not cross out the old and strike in the new?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Daddy Nexxus

Everyone's already pointed out that

That's just like, your opinion, man.

• Agree Agree x 1