Reduce RTV map selection

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Hashira, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Hashira

Hashira VIP

This was spurred by a similar thread, in general.

There is an issue where the same maps are picked out repeatedly, and some people dont enjoy the constant recycling of those maps. I think a good way to nudge players towards trying new maps, and voting different is to reduce not the amount of maps on server,before anyone assumes that, but reduce the amount you can choose to vote from per RTV

Right now it sits at 16+ I believe, on the voting screen. I think instead, maybe 9 or 12 may be better (9 personally), as it gives a smaller more concise selection of maps, and possibly allowing more variety and letting players branch out.

2. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

>some people dont enjoy the constant recycling
    >nudge players towards trying new maps
    >letting players branch out

Why should we force players to choose maps they don't want for the benefit of the minority?

3. Hashira

Hashira VIP

the only reason the popular maps get chosen so much is we get multiple vote power

sometimes its good to break out of the mold, people only play the same maps because its familiar.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

I've played games with no donators on except me and dolls still wins so /shrug

5. Vent Xekart

Vent Xekart VIP Bronze

One idea I had in terms of RTV Map Selection is adding a '!nominate' command or something similar to what I've seen on other servers.

Another idea I had was maybe extending the cooldown on maps that have already been played on more than once.

The only problem is I don't know how difficult it would be to implement either one of those onto the servers nor am I sure how many people would be accepting of those suggestions.

• Agree Agree x 2