Answered Recent unplayable lag

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Communist Rick, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Recently, as in the past few days, I've noticed a horrendous amount of lag on the servers-- especially on East, and I am not the only one noticing it. Are there ongoing problems with the server or am I missing something? My ping sometimes goes as high as 300, and sometimes goes back down to 70. I am not an EU player, and my internet service is excellent, so those are not the issues.

Is there a known reason for the recent lag issues?

2. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

Past few days I've been pretty exclusively on vanilla servers and haven't experienced any lag at all, but modded may be different. What conditions are present and what kind of lag is it? Like how many players, how do the average pings match up, any maps in particular, rubberbanding as has been previously noted, general delay etc

3. I've had a few spikes on vanilla, but nothing compared to modded, or east in particular. The type of lag is delays (ie teleporting players, delayed inputs, chat message delays but not as common). When I experience this, its usually when the server is full, but I've only really been on when the server was full for the past few days so I cannot verify that that is the issue. It happens on any map, and most player pings seem to be around the 100 mark, though some are much lower.

4. Hongo

Hongo VIP

ive been talking about this issue for months but nobody seems 2 be noticing until now

5. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Over the past few days, ive noticed it go down but its still very much there sometimes.

6. It does seem to have gone down significantly as compared to a while back. I haven't had any issues since Sunday.

7. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

The lag has substantially subsided. Dont know what happened to cause it but it went away for the most part. Ill mark this as answered.