Re arm spawnpoints on black mesa or remove props from fenced area - caged one way map

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Xproplayer, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Black mesa keeps getting voted, which is fine if not for the terrible level design. The entire map is linear, there are very few loop backs on itself so if you go somewhere you have a good chance of going to a dead end. Nobody really goes inside the map, because if they try they are blocked or propkilled. I suggest either A. use lua to remove the props and make that area of the map more friendly, or re arm the map w/ spawnpoints so people spawn all over and do the gameplay that way.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Why would you wanna go inside if you have air boats outside ?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Lunar

Lunar 8:00PM VIP Silver

Everyone spawning in the same area is just a really bad idea, I don't agree with the remove props part but I do agree with the change spawnpoints part .

honestly surprised you didn't mention the airboat out of bounds thing

4. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

airboats aren't a huge problem in my eyes because they have limited fuel.

5. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

I do feel that random spots throughout the map would be a great idea. The same all-together spawning is used on Nuclear as well, and I feel they do so for the effect of creating a flow across the map throughout the game.. it's just that the map design doesn't promote that well at all on mesa, with, as you say, linear paths.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

yea on nuclear theres so many twists and turns but on mesa its all dead ends like xpro said. +1

7. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

And while we're at it, add a barrier at the fence ;)

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. gerafe

gerafe VIP

no

9. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

I believe this advice should apply to all maps except lost temple personally. Playing as an inno and spawn becomes a warzone or prop kill nightmare, play as det and its same deal then you have to deal with all the unids / gbas. And finally as a traitor it's terrible trying to clutch when everyone is clustered together. Imo for this community unless the map has afk killing (like lost temple) it should be random spawns.

Agreed since apparently airboats are an issue, we already know how to do very basic prop spawning since it's used to prevent an old innomotel exploit.

10. Panda With a Gun

Panda With a Gun CHINA NUMBA ONE Administrator VIP Emerald

I’m all for random, deep inside the map spawnpoints. If you ask someone to recall the last four gunfights they had in that map it’s probably outside or in the lobby.

good map though +1

11. iii

iii eye-eye-eye or triple eye is fine VIP

But if the spawns become random I might never get a boat in time to do this :(:

More seriously, I don't really play modded much anymore, but I think airboats are a pretty high point of the map and that having people spawn randomly in nowhere land inside the facility could take away from the enjoyment of people who want to spend the start of their round driving the bumper cars airboats around.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  12. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

yes please spawn me in the hallway with the hidden knife so I can have it every round

• Funny Funny x 1