Answered RDM or nah

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by mae, Jan 13, 2018.

1. mae

mae angelic VIP Emerald

I was playing on Roy The Ship and was standing on top of the piled up crates on the main boat. There were a couple other players on the smaller boat that circles around the map, and as I was keeping my eye on them one of them dropped a seemingly death station. I couldn't see the name of the said player through the glass and at no other point did I see them (it was pretty early in the match), so I shoot and kill the player through the glass.
    Turns out they were a detective who killed themselves pre-round so they kept their custom skin on instead of the detective skin being equipped.
    I was slain momentarily afterwards. Would this be considered RDM?

2. Cherious

Cherious Regular Member

Yes, mostly because you didn't know if the person was a detective or not and you're fault for not making sure whether or not it was a legit health station. Skins can confuse, but that is ultimately upon you for rdm, hence killing on skin.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️

twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️ screwdriver Banned VIP Silver

Yeah, it would. Even if he didn't have det skin, you still killed a detective for dropping a health station.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. POP STAR

POP STAR have a nice day VIP Emerald Bronze

Hey mae,

Yes, this would be RDM. Our rules don't accommodate potential bugs/glitches that might occur during the game, and because you killed a Detective, even if it did bug, you'd still be in the wrong to do so as an innocent not claiming self-defense or immediate danger.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Hyper ✿

Hyper ✿ peace lata VIP Bronze

As POP STAR stated, it would still be RDM. The best thing to do in this situation in your position would be to just explain the situation to the staff member online and the player who you killed and hope they forgive you.

If you receive the forgiveness and notify the staff member online, I'm sure they will retrieve the appropriate discretion needed in order to prevent you from taking that slay. After all, no one would hold that against you; it was a simple mistake.

• Confusing Confusing x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1