Rejected RDM & Leave

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by nigel benn, Nov 15, 2017.

?

agree?

1. yes

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. no

20 vote(s)
    87.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teroxa

Teroxa Vier Fäuste für ein Halleluja VIP Silver

We ban players for RDM & leave because we don't want them to be able to just avoid their punishment.
    We are Serious Gmod. Here you'll have to take the responsibility for your mistakes, i.e. RDM

As some of the others above me mentioned already, PC/Game crashes aren't the usual case.
    Most players that recieve RDM & leave bans are either players with only a couple of minutes/hours on our Servers that don't want to server their punishment.

If you are slain and your game actually crashes you can always appeal the ban.
    If I believe a player that their game actually crashed I always unban them.
    Or you can just try to sort it out with the mod that banned you over steam.
    If your PC crashed you can contact someone via the Steam mobile app.
    I understand that maye not every one has a phone that can run this app. But in 2017 most of us do.
    If you can't run it, just take the 4min to reboot your PC and then message the mod.

We are not evil!
    Just talk to us! ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. what happens if they lie?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  3. Rauno

Rauno   VIP

What punishment are they avoiding though? Autoslays last on their steamid for years, how are they avoiding any punishment? They'll get the slay at some point if the decide to join anyway.

While yes, RDM and leave bans most of the troublemakers, I don't see any point in it really other than that, banning people just cause. At first it was a thing because of avoiding punishment, slaynr didn't allow slays on steamids. Now we have aslay so why do we need RDM and leave?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

This is mostly anecdotal, but I've often seen people dodge their slays after the fact.
    E.g. someone who was slain after having left the server before staff came on or similar. I often have those people connecting to the servers, round starts and they get slain, and then they hop to another server. Are they really taking their punishment here?

They're not really getting the time-out that the slays are intended to give, so I'd argue, they're not really receiving their punishment. It's like getting house arrest and jumping out your window after your parents close the door.

With RDM and leave (provided staff was there to handle the report, etc.), we hand out a punishment that incrementally gets worse and worse if the behaviour of leaving with slays pending or mid-round is repeated.

This is a suggestion and not a discussion, so finally:
    No to the proposed change.
    I see value to this system and while you might argue it's too harsh, it has the potential for leniency in both quickly reaching out to the staff member who banned you in cases of game/PC crashing, or making a ban appeal on the forums.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Uh yeah what he said.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Yes ill just rdm take the leave and never come back now how am i gonna sit my time out? I had to post cus ya know whynot

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Chewie

Chewie deadrun mod VIP Bronze

Wouldn't it be better for the rdmers to never come back?.....

8. Cupcake Mayhem

Cupcake Mayhem Uncuffed VIP

You probably deserved it :) <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

10. Cupcake Mayhem

Cupcake Mayhem Uncuffed VIP

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

No need to add more. Most of it was said. If you crash or lose connection, just inform the staff member and they'll wait for you.

Thank you for suggesting.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.