Rejected RDM & Leave

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by nigel benn, Nov 15, 2017.

?

agree?

1. yes

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. no

20 vote(s)
    87.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nigel benn

nigel benn VIP Silver

i already metioned that in a post above

2. Aquast

Aquast lordy was here :barefoot: VIP Bronze

get new pc

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Chewie

Chewie deadrun mod VIP Bronze

In my honest opinion though, RDM & Leave shouldn't be a rule at all feel free to rate this dumb. People have lives and I don't see the issue as long as they still serve their slay.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

1. No, not really. How many RDM and Leave bans do you think are issued daily? And how many of those are appealed? Less than 5% I'd reckon
    2. No, but you can. Don't RDM = behaving (y)
    3. So? You left during 5 of those slays . Saying you've had 80 slays over a 5 month period is just further proof of your lack of good behavior
    4. Use Steam, Shoutbox, TeamSpeak, PM in a message. How do you have no way of contacting them?
    5. Pretty biased if you ask me :oops:

5. nigel benn

nigel benn VIP Silver

i wish it was that easy

6. Python~

If you know you're gonna have to go to little Timmy's birthday party in 5 minutes, common sense dictates to not fuckin RDM right before ya gotta go

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. nigel benn

nigel benn VIP Silver

accidental rdms occur all the time

8. Chewie

Chewie deadrun mod VIP Bronze

Accidents always happen, I don't count when I'm waiting for someone to id a body, sometimes I forget to warn when I jihad, maybe I'll hit my kos bind on accident, regardless, a served slay is a served slay no matter when you serve it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. nigel benn

nigel benn VIP Silver

Punishment has five recognized purposes: deterrence, incapacitation, rehabilitation, retribution, and restitution.

rdm & leave that doesnt build up would already do all 5 of those

rdm & leave that stacks up is too much, and incapacitates too much

10. Python~

I don't know what you mean. An "accidental" RDM is just as bad as a "regular" RDM. You're damaging someone or ruining a player's round for no good reason.

11. Python~

Incorrect. The entire punishment is not just the slay, it's the fact you must serve it for the full round then and there, not whenever you feel like it

If you have a life, leave your computer running if you care enough to not get banned

12. nigel benn

nigel benn VIP Silver

youre understanding me wrong. i agree that rdm and leave should be punishable, but imo its too harsh. 16 weeks global for 5 rdms.

13. nigel benn

nigel benn VIP Silver

misclick, didnt see t buddy's T, wrong dna, forget warning for jihad, throw incend by accident

14. Python~

1. Classic, but still RDM. Don't be trigger happy
    2. Then use your eyes
    3. Then wait until you're sure of who the DNA is on
    4. Then press your bind next time
    5. Then don't misclick with a fucking incind in your hand when you don't intend to use it??

Sounds like you just make a ton of stupid mistakes/decisions in TTT and act like they aren't your fault lol

I can continue explaining why everything you're suggesting is one of the worst arguments I've ever read on these forums, but I gotta sleep. Night.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. nigel benn

nigel benn VIP Silver

why dont you agree with the incremental punishment on mass rdm?

16. nigel benn

nigel benn VIP Silver

and you are completely ignoring the purpose of a punishment

17. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

About 2 of those are accidents.

Just to put this in your court: How did it take you 5 times to finally learn there needed to be a change? Even after each time getting longer and longer? Why is it that the change you think should happen is with the system and not yourself? How can you be so self centered that you don't see you're case is the prime example of why they stack? Have you learned your lesson? Do you think that the staff can't understand that crashes happen? Can you think of a better way to maybe let people know when you crash? Possibly give another option for unavoidable bans.

Don't worry about what RDM is; that's not changing. Think about what to do to fix things after a ban occurs that's better than the current appeal system or added the staff member on steam.after your crash.

Finally, look inward and ask yourself if you've learned your lesson on ways to prevent racking up bans like this. If the answer is yes, then the system works. If the answer is no, then maybe you need singer time out.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Python~

[​IMG]

• Creative Creative x 1
  19. nigel benn

nigel benn VIP Silver

this isnt about the rdm part, this is about the leave part.

20. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

So you said what I said. Good. However, you didn't answer anything. This is going nowhere.

To be real with ya, I bet this won't be an issue once your ban is over until you get another ban.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.