Rejected RDM Forgive System

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Pikachu, Feb 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

So? That doesn't really effect it too much. Example: I intentionally rdm someone new to the servers. He reports me, I say "Accident" in the response, he doesn't know that accidental RDM is still RDM so he forgives me. He just let an intentional RDMer walk away without being slain because he doesn't know the rules. It's a double-edged sword my friend.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

The OP's suggestion is that forgiven reports are disposed of and never reach staff.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chastity4lyfe

Chastity4lyfe *Eye roll* VIP Silver

Just as I always thought the death scene would be a great idea when others opposed it for so long, I also think this would be a good idea with it's obvious regulations and rules looked at. I have used this system as a staff member on another ttt server and had very few issues.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Pikachu

Pikachu Member

With everything problems will arise, I'm not saying this system is perfect, but no system is perfect and I think with the write formula we can create a new system that is better overall for the community. Everyone is bringing these points of "Vendettas, Bullying for Forgiveness, Not being fair if slain for same reason someone else got slain, etc". Already all of these problems are prevalent. Adding a forgive system isn't going to change that, but it will give the option to make another player not get slain do to players wanting to forgive. No one likes to get slain, and by adding a option to not get slain, players will have more of a fun time, instead of constantly worrying about getting slain. In the end it's a video game, everyone is making this sound like its real life, and we must follow the law or be punished. The point of TTT is to have fun, not constantly fearing that you'll get slain if you accidentally hit someone, or killed someone by complete accident, or you were having fun with your fellow TTT friends. The point of video games is to be entertained and have fun, this will add more fun, more friendly gameplay, and a overall better community. Yes we are Serious GMOD, but we shouldn't be too serious to were it brings down the game being fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Sage.

Sage. VIP Silver Emerald

Players should always be punished if they're exceeding the rule-set, obviously, in my opinion. Otherwise, it'll lead to players who are punished and who aren't, regarding the exact same situation. At this point: I'm just repeating myself.

I believe you're the one misunderstanding my thoughts on this - after all, it is a suggestion thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

I believe wholeheartedly that you are misunderstanding, even still. Of course it'll lead to that, different players have different stances on being offended, obviously. If someone shoots you and stops, you may be inclined to pursue the report all the way to a slay. I don't feel that way. The whole notion behind this is to allow some degree of forgiveness, not to completely remove moderators from the equation. As I had said in my post, with some refinement this is a positive thing.

I'd like to see the report come through, with an optional checkbox to forgive. This would be shown to the staff, and they could simply decide a verdict with the forgiveness in mind without bothering to seek out an admin. It removes an unnecessary element of bureaucracy from reports and would make the entire team far less reliant on robotic slaying protocols for 1-5 prop damage, etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bogdanoff

Bogdanoff VIP

I fully support this. I also support the fact that the moderators shouldn't go through damage log seeking players to be slain. If the player (the victim) in question was really bothered by it, they would have reported that player. Damaging someone for 5 on accident is minimal and will hardly impact the game. The forgive feature should also be added, because sometimes player can make a legtimate mistake, and the victim might not want them slain, which should be ok to not be slain.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

If they aren't killed by the player, they may not know who hurt them.

Like I've said before, I've been slain 90 times in 1300 hours of gameplay. I'm a casual gamer that understands the rules, but I also remain aware of what is traitorous and what isn't.

I don't mess around with props and the few times I accidentally rdm it's usually a Goomba stomp. The unusual times, it's chalked up to things where I didn't want to be forgiven because, just like many people, I learn nest when I make a mistake and am held responsible for it.

Just as in real world situations, if someone isn't really held accountable for things, it doesn't really benefit them; it doesn't make them better at what they're doing. Hete, playing the game the way it's meant to be played can better your experience. You learn rules better, know what to look out for, and become a better shooter; aim small, miss small.

I hold pretty firm on the system theism community was brought up with and it's definitely helped us maintain our standard of being aprepared serious ttt server.

I'm sure @Falcor, @Opalium, or @Highwon will be by soon to wrap this up as all points on either side have been brought forward. ​

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Bogdanoff

Bogdanoff VIP

Are the players too braindead to report someone who shot them, or ask an admin to see who shot them? What if the player really doesn't give a damn about who shot them? Also, if someone does break the rules eventually they will get slain and eveuntally banned if they keep it up. Seeking out slays really isn't a good way to handle the server.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.