Rejected RDM Forgive System

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Pikachu, Feb 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pikachu

Pikachu Member

So many servers I've played have has had this option after you rdm someone accidentally or on purpose. It's a simple tool. After a report is finished and the person at fault has given a response, the person who reported can choose to forgive the person or not to. If forgiven than no slays shall be given to the person, if not forgiven then slay.

Reason this is a good system that should be implemented:
    1. Saves staff time and effort of investigating rdms that will simply be solved with a forgive.
    2. Accidental Rdm. I see this all the time, and more than half the time people will forgive because it's something as minor as shooting someone for 2 DMG but they will get a slay for that (Which is a little stupid) or even a kill that they didn't mean. As long as they forgive they shouldn't slay.
    3. Sometimes people like to have fun with the game and mess around. But then some mod (who takes the game to serious) starts slaying even though the people forgive because the rdm in question was funny, or makes the game more fun.
    4. Saves alot of arguments with staff over RDM between players which definitely happens everytime.
    5. Overall makes the game more playable and enjoyable between players that forgive, instead of causing problems with slays over stupid reasons.

Honestly I'm surprised this isn't a thing on a big server like this. It's a simple download, that is simple to use. Do you forgive this player? Yes? No? Yes=No slay, No=Slay. I don't know how many times you see people getting slain because of 5 accidental damage to someone, or people just having fun and messing around with each other and than end up getting slain. Most definitely would be a huge improvement for the server.

-Ya boi Pikachu (AKA Better than MiGGo)

• Like x 2
    • Dislike x 2
    • Dumb x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  2. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

As much as personally I'd love to see this.

There is a lot arguments and harassment involved in people forcing people to forgive each other.
    Furthermore it can cause questions to staff like "Oh I was slain but he wasn't, thats not fair"

If we can find a way to make it work itll be good, but I'm really not sure how we can.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Pikachu

Pikachu Member

While I can see some problems with it happening, in my majority of time playing on servers with the forgive system, I haven't really encountered any problems as in someone complaining that "that person didn't get slain, so why should I" It's a system based on that individual deciding to forgive or not. For someone like myself 80% of the time I don't even report people unless it's straight up RDM. And I've never seen anyone harass someone to forgive them, maybe a simple pls forgive I won't do it again, but than again it's up to the person to forgive or not. I'm sure if we tried we could implement a system that will work out well, for the staff and players.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

I didnt know that we can also rdm in deathrun...
    Edit : its was moved to ttt suggestion

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Sage.

Sage. VIP Silver Emerald

This was a short-lived function on the servers. Although, numerous problems arose.

It's contradicting our own mindset.
    The entire point of issuing slays isn't for revenge nor spite. It's for punishing unlawful decisions accordingly. Allowing players to forgive each other would not only allow rule breaking going unpunished, furthermore, it would mean that we would act in revenge or spite according to the player's decision.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Makuzi

Makuzi Now we all pray blood stains wash away VIP Silver

The 'forgivness' suggestion, moderators can go ask admins for discretion to not slay if the victim chooses to forgive the reported player, if they see that the two parties come to a conclusion to forgive the rdm offense, and only the administrators or higher can give discretion. It depends on the nature of the rdm offense and what the victim and what the reported player come down to.

It may happen sometimes, where mods can get discretion, but it's unreliable to try and contact an admin if there happens to be none available. It's easier for us moderators to ask for discretion if there happens to be an admin on the same server as the mod, as looking at the situation is more quick, instead of trying to remove the slay last minute at pre rounds and such, and it usually ends up being too late if no admins are available.

7. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

Like Sage said, we kinda had one for short while. It was removed due to a mixture of issues and complaints on the forgiveness system that somewhat hindered our staffing capabilities. I will go in more detail once I finish with my classes today on why this system was removed.

8. Kyül

Kyül Caged Bird VIP Bronze

I actually found this feature more useful than anything on all the other TTT servers ive played on. I dont see this as being an act of "spite or revenge", because its a game, and mistakes can happen, so if I see someone kill me with a valid reason or for obvious mistake, I wanna be able to forgive him.
    To me thats the most important point, that ITS A GAME and things can happen. Thats just me tho...

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Pikachu

Pikachu Member

Yea but with the forgive function, a need of admin discretion wouldn't be needed, because you simple click forgive and the staff online wouldn't need to slay. Instead of trying to get a admin on to remove slay. Which would remove issues of being forgiven but still getting slain, because a admin wasn't on.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Kyül

Kyül Caged Bird VIP Bronze

The only problem I found with this feature was clicking forgive instead of not forgive because the plugin these servers used made them be to tight together, which made miss-clicking a very annoying thing. But another server had a different one where they were big and pretty far apart, so I dont see this being an actual problem.

• Like Like x 1
  11. NeverEnding

NeverEnding It's Never going to end. Trust me on this. VIP

I think what Pikachu meant was like a total system where the victim and the reported player can handle it out by themselves first. if the victim does not like the respond the reported guy gift. the situation will be escalated into a formal report to the staff, where the staff can handle the situation following the protocol given.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Pikachu

Pikachu Member

Yea exactly that. The player would do a report asking why he got rdmd, and the person reported would respond, and if he forgives than the report is handled and no slay. But if he does not forgive, a staff member will then look into the rdm and determine from there. Which saves plenty of time

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. Chai

Chai returned; VIP

I think big part of the question is, how would you feel if I didn't forgive you?
    This question goes both way to both parties.

Would you be upset because I didn't do it?

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

15. NeverEnding

[​IMG]
    This pretty much sums up what I actually wanted to say in tl;dr form.

• Like Like x 1
  16. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I disagree. Now, as a staff member, you're waiting on the same amount of responses from players as there is now. It saves one thing; the act of slaying or banning someone. However, if the staff don't get the report until both sides have responded and a decision is made to keep the report, it may be a couple rounds. Currently, it takes tomes, but at least we can look into the events surrounding to even determine the legitimacy of a report. Could you imagine the number of people upset that keep reports just to find out they aren't legit?

Legotistical RDM still needs to be handled appropriately to mitigate further instances of RDM of the same nature. Accidental RDM is still RDM. I'm not sure about you guys, but most of my slays are from accidental RDM; 90 in 1300 hours of playtime on STTT; that's one slay in a little over every 14 hours.

I don't believe that the problem lies within our management of RDM. I believe the problem lies within the players. If it's legitimate RDM, you need to learn from it; if you're forgiven, you're less likely to do that. Maybe consider changing your playstyle if you're accidentally RDMing that many times.

Again, this gives barely, if any, extra time in comparison to the current system. It shouldn't happen so much that players have issues with it. It doesn't help players learn their lesson and better their playstyle. Accidental RDM is still RDM.

This goes without mentioning everything else stated above why it would be a problem.

Remember to search before posting suggestions, as well. This has been posted a few times before this and I'm surprised no one has linked al of the other posts.

Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. NeverEnding

Let's just state the Pros and Cons of this system first
    Pros.
    Makes Staff job easier as not all report is needed to be handled.
    Helps the victim who chose to forgive the reported guy made things better.

Cons
    Biased system if the victim choose to forgive one but not the other for related offences.
    Creates more trouble should there be group trolls (Crowbar fight etc.)

That's all I can think of now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Makuzi

Makuzi Now we all pray blood stains wash away VIP Silver

This system is sorely discretion based

19. NeverEnding

Pretty much true, which makes things more strict in this server.

Yeah.. I kinda forget to mention these.

20. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

+1
    It's stupid that so many people think this is a bad idea. Being able to forgive people would be awesome.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.