Rejected rdm forgive option

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Jimmynewtron, Apr 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimmynewtron

Jimmynewtron Banned

if someone accidently kills you and u are okay with its then you can forgive him
    i don't know why mods always slay ppl.
    forgive option is nice

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Old Old x 1
  2. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Probably one of the most suggested thing that is always denied with a lack of good reasoning tbh...

Forgiveness works on other servers and would also work on here, no idea why its never even been tested....

Sadly this thread will get locked and denied soon, sorry buddy, idea is great and will work if tested.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. olivia

olivia queen of dankness VIP

Because it's our job to enforce the rules :ROFLMAO: On occasion we do ask for admin discretion if the victim forgives, depending on the severity of the RDM, if there was a resulting RDM chain, etc.

As for the "forgiveness option" in terms of letting the player have complete control over whether the reported player is slain, -1. I feel like people would RDM more if they knew their buddies were just going to forgive them and they could escape the slay. And then you'd have some people being slain for a certain offense, and others not slain for that same offense, based solely off of whether the victim forgives? Doesn't seem fair.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

+1 accidental RDM is not RDM

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Darragh

Darragh VIP

Ill +1, BUT, Mods should be allowed to Not let the person forgive if, say, It keeps happening over and over. or if its 2 friends messing with each other. They may be having fun but as said, someone else might get accidentally shot and not forgive, getting them slain while the two people messing get away with it. On the note of stopping RDM, something else that may be of use is at the end, Display all damagelog parts With the User involved, for example if someone decided to randomly shoot them And try get away, it would show that. Just my opinion and what I think would be cool is all.

6. Bacon Bombs

Bacon Bombs Matthew 1:25 New Testament VIP Bronze

@Carned is right about this one

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

Why this is not an option here.

First;
    This server does not have forgiveness, it gives discretion.
    Discretion is simple given by these 3 factors:
    • Does the victim forgive.
    • Is there a RDM chain.
    • Is this a general rule-breaker or not.
    If we allow the forgive button on the reports it will simply raise more questions as we as mods might not see the discretion in it (example: Player A killed B, then player C killed player B, were player D finds it enough and kills player C.).
    So in general, player B reports A, he finds that player A, a friendly player is worthy of forgiveness. But in terms of discretion he is not worthy and thus will be slain.
    The suggestion will only raise more questions by new players or players who are toxic and refuse to understand how discretion works.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

It's easy. Lets call the two people in this scenario "RuleBreaker" and "Forgiver"
    Basically when RuleBreaker kills Forgiver, Forgiver can report RuleBreaker.
    then RuleBreaker can say
    Forgiver can then click "Forgive" leaving the moderator out of the whole situation!

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Jässa

Jässa Thick thighs save lives VIP

This is talking about not needing admin discretion to forgive someone but rather mod overlooking the situation and deciding if they allow forgiveness or not themselves. Naturally I dont agree to a system where anyone can just forgive and let everything go no matter the context.
    You in detail explained why mods could forgive RDM also.

Any moderator can easily verify those 3 factors for most part and forgive(if its complicated then go ask admin as usual). If a player accidentally shoots after getting "jumpscared" and deals like 40 damage but nothing else happens, any moderator is perfectly capable of making the decision. Assuming the victim forgives:
    1) Does the victim forgive? Yes. (Any mod can easily check this.)
    2)RDM chain? No. (Any mod can easily check this.)
    3)Intention? Accidental. (Any mod can easily check this.)

There is very little reason for moderator having to waste their and an admins time just to go ask this question. It doesnt take a lot of time a lot of the cases but none the less really not needed.

If the victim wants to forgive, there was no RDM chain and it was accidental, I see no reason as to why a normal moderator cant just let it go. If they see someone is abusing it they can just not allow the forgive. It wouldnt really be some rocket science to some new player or toxic player either.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

Blah blah blah. Moderators (and admins for that matter) have little enough to do as it is. I don't see any reason to make it even more mindless with something like this. No matter how often it gets discussed, the end result is ultimately the same. -1.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

Trust me that I understand why you think there isn't a really good reason for the denial of this suggestion, but it's been established many times.

If you have questions about this feel free to consult past threads on the topic. If there are further questions after that by all means come to me and I'll try to get to a point where you can at least understand the stance we've taken with this suggestion. With this stated I'll have to set this one to denied.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.