RDM Excuses

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by STONEY, Jan 25, 2016.

1. nikki

nikki Dutch female gamer: cocky, rude/toxic. VIP Bronze

why do people cry when they get killed for holding T weapons? almost no-one follows KOSes on the servers because they are not very good at the game and you expect the entire server to acknowledge you are proven? lol ok.

don't confuse not paying attention/noobness with RDM my friend, also you can just you know ... not hold the T weapon out

2. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub i'm thinking i'm thinking VIP

@Noctorious is a sexy man and I need every post criticizing staff from now on to include a "except for @Noctorious cause he's just too damn fine for that".

Really though, if you've ever witnessed firsthand the effort and dedication this man puts into his job (and by job I mean his volunteer work he does here while also working a draining real life job), posts like a lot of the posts in here probably wouldn't exist.

And I'm partially using him for a metaphor here for the staff team as a whole. There's a lot of staff with that kind of dedication to investigating that goes far beyond anyone's expectations of them, and even the one's that can't put in that amount of effort (myself, for instance) still do their damn best investigating loophole complaints. Usually I'll spectate a player for a solid 2-3 rounds for someone simply saying they didn't pass by an unidentified body or weren't KOS'd, which is a lot of time for such a simple thing, it's essentially like slaying myself for a few rounds, and quite often after those few rounds I come up with no evidence. And in juxtaposition to a lot of staff and the effort they put in, I could be called lazy. What I'm saying is, there's a lot of things players just don't see.

Last thing I'm going to say in this thread: If you devote a lot of your time to this community, and the servers provided, you should be recording demos. Staff can't see everything, and a lot of players take full advantage of that. To save everyone time, and deal with these issues as quickly and easily as possible, you can put in some effort on your part - we would all appreciate that very much, and "we" will of course come to include you when you see these players dealt with through your help.

Loophole RDM'ers believe that staff are their biggest fear when trying to avoid being caught, what they haven't fully realized is that it's you, the players. Take advantage of that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. STONEY

STONEY I AM FIRE, I AM DEATH. VIP

Still not to stray off the topic here, Thank you to everyone who got their point across in this thread. When people want to lie and loophole, your own evidence may in fact be needed due to the lack of evidence Staff is able to receive just on their own. One situation in particular that happened to me which I wasn't able to get evidence at the time was this:

It was 67thway and I was a Traitor coming down the hallway

[​IMG][​IMG]

I was coming down to that door at the end, and as soon as I open it I get blasted in the face by an innocent. Who I then report for RDM, then he claims I passed by Unidentified Bodies which were right outside the door. Giving me no time after I open the door. I didn't even see bodies till I was already dead and spectating. But unfortunately it was a WvW report, and I didn't have the evidence I needed.

At the time I couldn't understand exactly why the evidence mattered so much. But I can very clearly understand why now.

For those who will argue: Well how am I supposed to know when to start recording? Or in other words, How was I supposed to know I'd get RDM'd and I shouldn't gotten it on my recording at the same time it happened. Now I don't have the evidence I need...

For you people stuck in that situation there is a wonderful recording software called "ShadowPlay" by Geforce. Not everyone will be able to use it based on its requirements listed in the spoiler below.

[​IMG]

What ShadowPlay is able to do which, I'm not sure what else can? Is it can save up to 20 minutes of past gameplay all in the click of one button. (Of course make sure you have sufficient space to hold all that data.)
    Also it doesn't need to be 20 minutes you can edit the time to your own preference whether it's 1 minute back or 5 minutes. And if you ALT+TAB out it will still record all of that desktop/internet footage at the same time.

This is the without a doubt the best tool I can use to catch rule breakers on the servers, while staff isn't on. I can be your "go to guy" in situations if need be. I'd want to help out anyone in rough situations on the servers. After all the terrible situations I've been in, ShadowPlay is my saviour.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Chewie

Chewie deadrun mod VIP Bronze

I'm going to agree with @Carned here, players shouldn't have to record to achieve justice on the servers. Though it does help, but it's insane how much effort a player should put in to achieve one slay when the staff are supposed to be doing that instead. Players are basically handling the report in this case.

The thing I don't like about recording in gmod, there's a huge hud that says [REC] which is very distracting when trying to play. When a situation like this does occur, which is like 1/10 times, you have to go through, edit, upload, everything just so that one player can get slaying.

Going back to another thing he said, about koses and asking the chat. This is a legitimate, and easy solution to solve a problem, what ever happened to witnesses, I mean when you want to report someone, why are they even an option if you even base a slay off upon them.

Now you do need to put effort to achieve justice, but the amount to put in just off of on rdm is a little too much if you ask me.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  5. GRYPHN

GRYPHN ♫ Thanks for the Memories ♫ VIP

I believe If you really dont want even the slightest chance for someone to get away with RDM.. You should record, The staff should do as much as they can also.. But You shouldnt expect the staff to go miles out of the way for this single report when there are multiple other reports, If the person wants to try to avoid it by loop holing, just record so in the long run they get a ban.