RDM Excuses

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by STONEY, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Being helpful=Bring good evidence so they can ban the player

And to record:
    1) Go to console
    2) Type "record [insert name]"
    3)Done

That isnt a lot of effort tbh

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

At no point, in ANY example, did i suggest taking a single persons word over another.

The staff have enough evidence based in the RDM manger plus corroborating stories to make a slay.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Taking a storie without proper evidence (Didnt id the body) is taking a word over another

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Carned

The evidence as stated previously is

• Logs of the person iding the body they claimed was unided.
    • The reported person informing the staff member when body was unided this corroborating the story.
    Not taking anyones word at all.

5. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

So talk to them or report them like I said. Like everyone has been saying. But if the evidence doesn't FULLY support it (as I pointed out in your examples they are flawed) then they can't act on it. Even if the person changes up their story.

6. Carned

That evidence show is easily enough to prove a reported player innocence.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

Your examples before had holes in them that shows a mod could be reprimanded for assuming evidence. Thats the issue.

No one is questioning the fact if evidence is valid and can be proven, take the appropriate actions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sadly, logs are not enough, they dont provide enough evidence for all the cases, especially those for Unidid bodies and such, thats why the players are asked for evidence

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Stardust

Stardust The carousel never stops turning. VIP

The need to record some cases is present. Not all reports need to be recorded, but all reports DO need evidence. If you feel a staff member is lacking, as both C.A.Anna and Ravin have stated, go to the forums and report, or go to their admin if you aren't comfortable about posting it.

Confirming stories of people is taking a person's word over the other. Let's say I RDM a lot because I'm new at the game. So not a lot of the players on the server will like me. I get RDMed and someone claims KOS. Due to my previous RDMing most people will assume I just RDMed and was called out, so they'll agree to the call-out to see me punished. That is exactly taking someone's word over the other.

And what if someone else gets to the body first? In most cases when a player (player A) views another player (player B) near an unIDed they kill first and ID later. So someone else IDs the body absent-mindedly. Now the player A killed player B but did not ID the body, does not know who the killed person is, and the scenario looks like RDM. Also, if player B runs from player A after being shot, who's to say they won't lose track of the body's location?

There are too many situation based problems to just ask and take a player's word.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

This is literally an argument of, I get robbed daily, police have a hard time getting enough evidence to convict people of robbing me, they suggest that I take steps to record my house getting robbed so they have less uncertainty in their investigations, I instead tell them to do their job better

Not the best analogy but you can get what I'm getting at

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. Carned

Are you that dense that you did not read the second point?

Here ill put it again for you.

• The reported person informing the staff member when body was unided this corroborating the story.

12. Carned

So what im getting from this

Fuck players who choose not to record.

Thanks for stooping lower than i thought possible guys.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

Yes, that is why no player has ever been slain or punished without video evidence from the reporting player in any case ever

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Carned

In the context of these examples, obviously.

15. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

I don't think you're understanding the entire aspect of this, @Carned. I agreed with your first post about thoroughly questioning both the victim and reported players, however, there will always be word versus word scenarios that staff members cannot do nothing about. Players who make a habit about lying in their reports do not go very far, you should know this as an ex-admin. Staff members take note of this player being reported often, using faulty reasons to barely avoid a slay. Players should record to help us help them. These people that lie to get away with ruining rounds will get caught eventually, recording just makes it easier.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. Carned

The way its presented is "A player must record to get any justice rather than the staff use their tools to do the same thing"

17. Stardust

Stardust The carousel never stops turning. VIP

*Edit: A player must HAVE EVIDENCE to get any justice because staff will not give punishment unless it is present.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

My first post here

Not sure if you aren't paying attention or just half reading everything being said, but that wasn't the case at all when it was clearly stated by multiple people if its not 100% shown in the logs, a recording is needed. If staff are not doing their job, PM them or report it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

They shouldn't HAVE to record, but it's helpful when they do.

In the real world, how easy would it be for criminals to steal without cameras?

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Carned

Not the point i was making, because staff do have evidence.
    Again, the point I was making is that mostly a player doesn't need evidence because the staff have enough to get the slay themselves.