RDM Excuses

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by STONEY, Jan 25, 2016.

1. STONEY

STONEY I AM FIRE, I AM DEATH. VIP

I honestly have no idea how to manage this situation but hopefully someone else can come up with idea's.

There are many RDM excuses used daily throughout TTT.

What I'm actually talking about is lies. Yes lies that can be passed as not RDM.

The most common are:
    • He was KOS'd over the mic and I didn't see the guys name who KOS'd him
    • He passed by an unidentified body (when there never was one)
    • He called a False KOS (when they never did)
    • He passed by TTT Equipment C4, tripwire, etc. (when they never did)

I've had to deal with people who constantly lie about these things and it just ain't cool.

If I wanted to, and I wouldn't but still, I could RDM someone every other round and use one of these excuses and not be slain cause the mod/admin would buy into the lie.

2. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

1) Ask the Players if they heard the KOS - Most say yes = No Slay No one says Yes = Slay

2) Ask player to name the body and location, use Identification logs to check if said body was Identified.

3) Ask players like above and/or check chat

4) Look if the T's bought say equipment and ask the player to pinpoint the location.

Admittedly some of these are harder to prove, but there is a way staff can slay for every single lie told, just if they can be bothered to check it out.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. STONEY

Very good examples of how to tell if they're lying, except not every staff member takes those routes of investigation. So you're left with people getting away with it.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Carned

These are the ways staff are taught to deal with these kinds of incidents, they should, by default, be using this to check every single report.

If it happens again, Id suggest reporting the staff member for negligence with the provided evidence such a recording, to prove that they are not doing the job correctly.

Hope i can shed some light on how staff members SHOULD be dealing with your reports and you don't feel as annoyed by the deaths.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. STONEY

Good advice, if only "certain" staff members took the time to do these things there would be less of this happening everyday.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  6. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

1) 2) 3) 4) If the reporting player insists that the reported player is lying/loopholing, wait for map change, reload my demo, fast forward to the round, drive mode, follow either the reporting/reported player around, watch the incident first hand, decide on punishment from there from either no slay, slay, or contacting an admin for a loopholing ban

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Carned

This is all well and good, but a player shouldn't have to record just to prove something the staff SHOULD be doing by default.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. STONEY

This is what I'm talking about Staff Members expect you to Record and show them instead of doing investigating themselves.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. STONEY

Some Mods/Admins do not give players the time of day to perform deep investigations on certain situations. It's very disrespectful to me when they do it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

Staff are not omnipresent. We have a report function for negligent staff and a PM function to those admins if you feel those members of staff are not performing up to their duties. A lot of things, such as the examples you listed, Mods can't assume the missing information and a valid reason to slay the person without 100% proof. If there is a chance that it COULD have happened, they cannot act on it. Its Word Versus Word. If that person we slay files a report and points out, "Hey, he passed an UNID'd body" and we get the logs and there is a chance you did pass it by seeing a body not ID'd in the logs, thats a valid report on the Mod for assuming. Which they cannot do. Usually, records or even screenshots of where you died clear this up because its physical evidence. Its very hard to dispute it.

Your word is not over someone elses. When you file a report, we do our best but sometimes if we fail to discover the reasoning due to limitations of the RDM Manager, Gmod, Logs, or even just being human, the burden of proof falls on you to turn that tide in your favor. If you cannot, then we cannot issue a slay because you felt the report was valid. Too many factors play into it you don't see or notice the staff do when handling reports.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Carned

Apart from every one of his issues can be solved using the RDM manager and social skills, like i pointed out.
    But its much easier to be lazy and mark an unided report finished, isn't it?

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. This, you cant just leave everything to the Staff, Its like in a Country, you cant expect to have a 1st world country if you dont act yourself as a 1st world person

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

Making a blanket statement as if it is true is not the correct way to approach this conversation.

If you see a staff member not performing their duties, by just marking reports valid and moving on and there is proof, by all means, bring it up to their admins or report it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Anna

Anna before we fade VIP

So say you go and use those "social skills" and talk to the players and get their side of the story, regardless, unless solid proof is presented by the player who was RDMed suggesting otherwise, if the logs support a possible unided body claim then we cannot act on it no matter how hard a player may argue otherwise. No players word is listened to more so over others. Insinuating that we are all lazy and just close the unided reports is almost insulting as staff members are required to check to see if it adds up. Most of the time it will add up anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Carned

If you bothered to read my original post, i didnt suggest taking one word.

Example being the KOS, if a KOS really happened, multiple people are guaranteed to have heard it, thus you get a solid response based on asking the entire server.

And the Unided situation isn't even taking one word over another, it's requiring the suspect to back up his story with evidence.

No point in actually arguing because its evident the care put into reports has declined simply by the responses here, sorry to disappoint @STONEY

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Anna

Anna before we fade VIP

Hold up. Since when was it ever okay to take an entire servers word against another? Is that not just promoting "mob mentality" something that we have tried very hard to ensure does not happen? As far as I am concerned, I do not care if 20 people claim they heard a KOS. Their words, even as a whole group, does not prove to be "a solid response" or the word of someone else. Unless solid evidence is provided, we cannot act upon it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

Wrong, this is you assuming multiple people heard it. I have had it handled before where someone did call out a Jihad, or KoS, and had it recorded they did, but no one heard it. Even typing it out and no one read it.

To a degree, but if there is a chance he did and it can be proven he did, then it cannot be acted upon as a slay from a Mod standpoint UNLESS evidence proves otherwise. 9/10 times a UNID'd report is filed, the player did pass it but swears up and down he did not.

Lets not be passive aggressive because it was pointed out the flaws in the statements said above.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Carned

Apart from that's exactly how you are taught to deal with that situation, by your logic i can just say someone called a KOS whenever i want, no one else heard it? Who cares! Easy RDM for me.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Evidence is everything, If they use words, that would be favoritism, Evidence is neeeded to make claims, if not they wouldnt even check the logs and just mark every report as true.
    And if Staff were to ask to the people, then what if that player was being harassed?

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Carned

Its not an assumption if they are admitting to hearing it, in 9/10 cases (I'll admit it doesnt always suffice) people will have heard a KOS, less likely on a Jihad because of the difference in amount of players being able to hear.

• Dumb Dumb x 1