RANT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fenrir Lokison, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Fenrir Lokison

Fenrir Lokison Banned VIP+

Sry for the rant bur REALLY?
    It IS NOT okay to have a spray which depicts nothing sexual, just a female locked up and gagged. (not even a real one)
    But apparently It IS okay to take your crowbar and put SWASTIKAS all over the map because it aint targetet harassment.

SO: Would a spray of Adolf Hitler doing the Hitler-Gruß be acceptable?
    Would an ISIS/ISIL Spray be acceptable?

Those aint targeting.

I know we have clear rules here, but honestly, IT IS COMMON SENSE THAT SWASTIKAS ARE GENERALLY USED IN ORDER TO PROMOTE RACISM AND INHUMAN ACTS

---

Reference:
    https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/report-against-rancid-bee.52331/

2. ayygurl_

ayygurl_ VIP

i proudly disagree with this

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

We're already pretty damn strict with language and what you can and can't talk about. If we start censoring every minor detail, we might as well wear those swastikas ourselves and click our heels together and solute our great leader...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Hongo

Hongo VIP

wall paintings are not sprays. they're poorly made black lines, and if those offend you, you might be retarded.

sprays are generally high quality images which are easier to categorize and recognize, and therefore may be restricted

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. Hongo

Hongo VIP

80% of you already do

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

I mean, you could just ignore the bullet holes shaped like a culturally taboo symbol(s) and go on living your life. I don't believe we should censor one taboo thing like that, as we should hold it all on a fair playing field.

As long as it's not targeted harassment at a particular member(or contains gore, or anything else rule breaking), your Adolf/ISIS/ILIL sprays should be fine if you want the whole server to think you're ignorant.

Sexual content is a whole another animal legally compared to the content discussed above. I would share my thoughts, but I'm not too sure of the circumstances behind whatever your speaking of.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

r_cleardecals in console clears everything from bullet holes to blood splatters

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Fiz

Fiz local jihad pro VIP Bronze

make more holes around the swastika and boom. not a swastika.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

But wouldn't banning swastikas be targeting nazis? :thinking:

• Winner Winner x 3
  10. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Personally I think Nazis are fucking disgusting and I don't want their symbols plastered anywhere other than the trashcan, but there is also a part of me who realizes that this shit is common in GMod. Lot of edgy kids who think it is funny to put that stuff up. The problem I have with coming down on this kind of stuff is that it really doesn't benefit us in any meaningful way. People are still going to rep Nazi phrases and shit over voice chat, and people are still going to draw swastikas. I'd rather wait till they become a serious problem before I take action. Shooting the wall is not a threat.

Also
    So there is nothing sexual about a drawing that depicts a female who is locked up and gagged? Ok buddy.

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub i'm thinking i'm thinking VIP

yes because censoring hate speach is equivalent to being a nazi..?

enforcing something doesn’t make you a nazi. being a nazi does.

honestly the only real issue with swasticas i see with punishing people for drawing swasticas or other shit with crowbar/guns is that staff would have a lot more difficult of a time enforcing it then they do with sprays. doesn’t make it okay. Even if it’s just a kid being edgy, that doesn’t even mean being edgy should be okay or acceptable. the edgy kids on the server (and everywhere) are the fucking absolute worst, tbh. if you have a chance to ban them then i say fucking go for it cus it’s those same kids spamming horrible shit every time the staff leave.
    Spamming the N word in voice chat is also “common” by “edgy kids”, yet that’s enforced. I mean most shit that falls into harassment/slurs is both “common” and done by edgy kids. There’s a lot of reasons as to not enforce the crowbar swastica thing, but your reasons provided sure aren’t that, bud. But hey, I wouldn’t except an iDubbz fan like you to actually have an opinion aside from “nazi is bad, but also haha they’re just edgy whAt CaN yA dO!?!” when your politics are pretty clearly rooted around “PC shit is dumb and ppl should be allowed to use any slurs and hate speach they want cus those words r just words also swasticas are just swasticas”.

But ya anyways. The BDSM spray doesn’t sound like it should be allowed on the servers. Sorry fam. Just because things that are worse go unpunished, doesn’t mean it’s okay to subject children to BDSM. And yes, it is sexual, and yes, me (a 24 year old adult) would like to see it. So hmu in those dm’s. Thx

• Dumb Dumb x 3
  12. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

Censoring speach is one of the first steps to getting there, yes.

Is it disgusting? Yeah, but it's just some bullet holes in a wall. I don't think anybody is getting hurt by it.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  13. Frost

Frost Frosted Pun King VIP

Bro if they allow swastikas, then just post a sexy Hitler spray, problem solved.

The fuhrer is a sexy female, she only had one tiddy

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. :)

15. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

This is painfully inaccurate. If you knew me at all you wouldn't have said that.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Vent Xekart

Vent Xekart VIP Bronze

[​IMG]

In all seriousness though, as much as I hate edgy little kids drawing swastikas on the server and/or spamming white nationalist/supremacist bullshit, just remember that they're most likely to be banned for Mass RDM or an equally stupid offense. At least that's what I've noticed anyway, I could be wrong.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Frost

Frost Frosted Pun King VIP

At first I saw the disagree and a paragraph, I thought i was getting slammed for makin that joke
    But you sir made me laugh my ass off with that picture. 10/10 would bang the Fuhrer xd

• Funny Funny x 1