Ran out of ammo.

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by GunAndBomb, Oct 31, 2016.

1. GunAndBomb

GunAndBomb Explosive Banned VIP

Today, I regret to inform you that I have resigned. All I feel is shame and heartache in doing so, but the desire I have to learn and discover has overcome my love in serving this community. I value my research too much, but recently I haven’t been valuing it enough. I have been slacking with my academics, in a time when it is crucial to excel. I will be applying to PhD programs very soon, which requires me to devote my time to a lot of different things in order to best present myself to the institutions I aspire to attend. I’m sorry, I love this community, but I value my future more and I know you don’t expect me to sacrifice my education for this community. However, I can’t help but feel guilty. I hate to leave, but it must be done. I could never forgive myself if I didn’t make this decision and ruined my chances of doing what I love for the rest of my life as a result. Staffing these servers became the only non-academic aspect to my life, but I’ve become grossly addicted. I would observe the forums for hours on end, reading every thread posted. Then, staffing when I knew I had no business doing so as I had myriads of work to do. It became too much of a distraction and I needed to end it. I have a problem with doing things in moderation. Whenever I do something I give it 100% of my effort and I strive to be the best, even when it doesn’t require that amount of dedication. I love what goes on here and I have not seen it paralleled in any other online community. We may have our differences, but we don’t let them divide us and we always seem to have a good time. Very few grudges are held and there is a refreshing open-mindedness here, where everyone is welcome. I hope that continues for a long time to come. Always remember that the reason we have so many loyal regulars is not because of TTT or Deathrun, it is because of the community. TTT is just the game that brought us all together. I’ve enjoyed watching this community form over the past 3 years and I will still be a part of it, but from the sidelines, supporting what so many of us hold dear.

Thank you,

GunAndBomb

Here are some messages to people who have made my time as staff special. (In no particular order)

@Kyogre - a while ago you told me that I was a good example for the staff team to follow. That really stuck with me and encouraged me to be the very best I could be. I hope you still think that of me.

@CDriskull - When I was in that situation that caused my previous resignation you were extremely helpful and made me more comfortable while going through a very scary time. I thank you for that.

@Sith Master - What can I say man, you have made my time here a blast. I always enjoyed our conversations on teamspeak. I hope to see you as an admin again one day.

@lNSPECTOR , @Count Jaysula - It has been fun being on the same team for so long, take care.

@Han Solo - keep doing what you are doing buddy, the newsletter was a great idea and it is just what we need to bring this community even closer together. We need more creative ideas like that.

@Grimraffe - you are one of the most, if not the most, helpful admins. I knew I could always count on you if I needed help and you always delivered. Keep it up man.

@Pantom - it was a great time being on your team, you are very helpful and want the best for your mods. I respect you for that.

@Eski - we were made mods together, it is a shame that we split up. I enjoyed the time that we were together.

@Graze - I am so pleased to see you in blue. It has been a long time overdue. Keep up the good work man, you are going to do great things for this community.

@Cerealkiller00 - we don’t talk very often but when we do it is always a good time, I hope you stick around for a while. You are one of the best moderators we have at the moment.

@C.A.Anna - while we didn’t communicate often, the few times we did were very fun. You were always super nice and understanding. You really do have the communities interest in mind and I hope to see you in orange one day.

@Pacifist - you are a great guy my friend. I always enjoyed our conversations. I hope you stick around for a long time to come.

@Ky Bone, @Ruby - I was a fun time being on Pandora's team together. I enjoyed talking with you guys.

@Zigles - I just want to thank you for giving me the chance to show my potential. I know you took a risk in picking me up as I was not the strongest applicant.

@Sinz - you’re probably one of the best staff members this community has ever seen, you are still a role model to a lot of us despite what happened. It’s always a blast hanging with you.

@MangoTango , @The Law - oldies but goodies :p I probably respect you guys the most for being an active part of this community for so long. We bring a unique perspective since we have seen it all and we’ve seen this community drastically change over the past 3 years. I’m sorry I couldn’t do more.

@Highwon - what you’ve done here is special. I know your role isn’t easy, but know that we appreciate every second you put into these servers. We honestly couldn’t ask for a better owner.

I know I am forgetting someone and just because I didn’t tag you doesn’t mean I don’t like you.

I’ll see you guys around, take care.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    • Friendly x 32
    • Winner x 6
    • Old x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
  2. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Most know you as GunAndBomb
    But you'll always be SickleAndScythe to me buddy

• Like Like x 1
  3. LegitCake

LegitCake Loyalty Banned VIP

Good luck with your studies, you have done a great job with helping out trial mods. Thanks for taking the time to do that BTW.

Take care!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

civ sometime?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

Ugh, Gun... I thought you were joking... Geez ...

I'm so sad to see you leaving man. I know we didn't interact too much but I know how valuable you are for this community. It's a great loss for everyone. But hey, your goals in life are more important and you are correct to put them in your top priority. I'm just happy your time here have been pleasant and that you take away good experiences.

Best of luck with your studies and research, and may your future be bright and full of success.
    Come say hi sometimes, will ya'?

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. Ichikunjii

Ichikunjii Vous avez changé VIP Iron

It's a shame to see you go. I'll never forget you when I was practically new to this community. Good luck in your future endeavors and I hope we see you again in the future. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Sith Master

Sith Master An individual may die, but the Sith are eternal Banned Gold VIP Emerald

It really does hurt to see you leave so unexpectedly, however I know it is for the best. I sincerely hope that you are able to achieve whatever you set your mind to, in school and beyond. It was a great pleasure to have you on my team for those months. I very much enjoyed the times we spend talking on Teamspeak and I am glad I made your time as a moderator a memorable one. Let's keep in touch sometime, sounds good?

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Machinekiller00

Machinekiller00 I <3 Gunter VIP Silver

You were always a pretty chill guy to talk to on teamspeak whenever we did talk. We never spoke much like you said but I always liked you. It's always sad to see staff members leave and I will miss you for sure. I wish I got the chance to know you better though. Anyways, I know it's for the best and I wish you the best of luck with school. Follow your dreams. Also thanks for the kind words. I really appreciate that you feel that way.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Han

Han       VIP

Gun, you have nothing to apologize for or feel ashamed about. You've been a great moderator for this community. I can sympathize with the addiction thing, and I wouldn't be surprised if many of the regulars here have felt the same. It's good to take a hiatus from time to time, and to take a break to pursue an academic future? Even better.

I hope everything works out great for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Pandora?

Pandora? Alcoholic in Training VIP Silver

What a shame you're resigning, the staff team is losing a strong staff member. You were definitely a strong moderator and always made good points. We never talked all too often, but the few times we did interect were nice. No more joining the server on the same time anymore (lol). You're leaving for good reasons and I hope you succeed. Good luck gun!!!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  11. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Sad to see you go man, you really were someone who was a role model in this community, to both players and fellow staff members

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Return to us as a Doctor bb

enjoy

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Kyül

Kyül Caged Bird VIP Bronze

Its sad to see you go bro... Its a shock, for real... But what your doing is probably best for your future, and I see how thats your priority (it should be everyones). It was nice to play with u, your a nice guy, so take care Gun. Best wishes for the future, and I hope I will see you in the future ;-)

Its not an end, just a beginning...
    -Kyle

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. lNSPECTOR

lNSPECTOR Gadget... lNSPECTOR GADGET VIP

Peace Man. Hope all is well. Be happy to play with you when you come back.

It's been fun.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. CDriscoll

CDriscoll Lemme advise you VIP Bronze

Really sad to see you go, Gun. You were a great moderator, and I hope you come back to us whenever life permits it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  16. Steve Mason

Steve Mason Honesty. Banned Gold VIP

Gonna miss you buddy. Had the bomb (get it? heh) playing with you when I had the chance. School is more important, wish you the best.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Rip goon and boomb :(

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

Fuck. You're such a good guy Gun. I hope for the best for you in whatever comes in the future.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. WHere the hell is my tAG

• Like Like x 1
  20. $crim

$crim What's New VIP Silver

Going to miss you like crazy Gun. Please message me through steam if you ever need anything, mod buddies for life. Take care and good luck with everything.

• Friendly Friendly x 1