Rainbow Six Siege Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Santa Claus, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

I need to try a bit harder at this game apparently if these people are plat / gold 1

2. STONEY

STONEY I AM FIRE, I AM DEATH. VIP

Anybody here play consistently? Looking for people to team up with once in a while, playing either ranked or casual.

3. NeverGhostin

NeverGhostin Mod to remember VIP

Hell yea Brother, add me. Ubisoft name: YungNumberNine

4. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

I need someone who has a mic around gold level to play casual only with past 10p pst

5. Sly

Sly Onward and Upward to Greater Glory VIP Silver

Add me SlyBlackhood I can play after I get home from work at 10:30 pm pst

6. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Free weekend has started now for the game

Plus the game is on sale across multiple storefronts, if you have any "Ubisoft Points" you can get 20% more off by redeeming them for a code, perfect chance to check out the best competitive fps on the market!

7. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

Great that means ez ranked matches

8. Carned

Lvl 25 takes a while + iirc free weekends can't play ranked, they couldn't last time?

9. Cash

Just recently started playing again, last time I actually consistently played was pre-operation health so I wouldn't know

10. Carned

Feel free to hmu if you want someone to guide you through the last few seasons :)

11. I have my own group I play with, but I wouldn't mind gaming with some sgm bois to vary :3

12. Cash

I'm already like gold 2 just from solo queue ;)
    Already caught up on operators and stuff just gotta relearn map callouts

13. Carned

you got hella lucky, my solo q this season has me topping every game but my team get like 4 kills combined :)))))))))))))))))

14. Cash

I lost 9/10 ranking games and got like bronze 3

15. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Random question but anyone here play a lot of r6 and a lot of overwatch that could compare the two games?

16. Sly

I regularly play both games

17. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Explain overwatch using r6

18. Wex

Wex The enemy of art is the absence of limitations VIP Bronze

Overwatch is an arcade game, Rainbow Six siege is a hardcore game. You have to try really hard to get kills and secure the objectives. It's also a lot more close quarters compared to overwatch.

19. Cash

If you've played tf2, it's more like that than siege

20. Sly

R6 is a 5v5 attack/defend shooter, similarly overwatch is a 6v6 attack/defend shooter. in r6 the objectives are bomb hostage and secure area in overwatch you have payload secure area and a mix of both (there are other arcade modes but ignore that). in r6 you can kill all the enemies to win the round but in overwatch you have to complete the objective. Overwatch has a multitude of different heroes like R6 how each have there own different abilities, strengths and weaknesses. In overwatch you have 3 different classes of characters you can pick from, think of this like the different operator choices you have (like three speed, 2 speed, and 1 speed) the different classes are Tank (one speed 3 armor) DPS (2 Speed 2 Armor) and Healer (3 Speed) unlike r6 in overwatch you have special abilities you can activate after you can a certain amount of percentage in the form of a meter bar. You can do this by attacking enemies completing objectives or healing teammates. You also earn this energy passively. This ability is often referred to as an ultimate.

Gameplay wise, r6 is a lot more tactical and closer to the CSGO type of game where overwatch is a lot closer to tf2. In r6 there are no respawns and every kill/death is meaningful. That does not mean the same cant be said for overwatch its just less. Overwatch is still tactical but winning and getting kills arent as rewarding as it is in R6. You can click q and wipe out 3 people in overwatch but in r6 if you get an ace/4k it was just purely from skill.

• Like Like x 1