R. E. S. I. G. N.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by UncleBee, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Carl

Carl Kachow! VIP

:sleep:

2. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 do you know how it feel to feel alone VIP Bronze

Teroxa doesn't need to resign, he has really been busy with some things lately, but still a good lead admin. What we need to do is promote another lead admin to share the workload.

+1 paci for lead

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Hongo

Hongo VIP

so heres the thing.

SGM Staff treat users without mercy. 'Forgiveness' is not allowed for reports (Fuck you if you bring up the word discretion, wasting my time.) and if you damage someone, you get slain. Oh, unless it's with a prop and you're a donor.

So, with that in mind, I treat SGM staff without mercy. I hold them to a standard nigh unattainable to sane humans, and I expect them to hold up to it; because they expect us to hold up to their rules with the same discipline. So I'm gonna do the same to them. I'm going to follow protocol, I am going to report any staff that does something the wrong way, and that's the way it's going to be until the higher ups clean this up, OR until you guys all learn to TALK TO US in game, open Report Chat and have a dialogue, instead of just "o im just gonna look at dis report and slay them based on their response to it without looking at logs or deathscene"

And for every shill who complains about me reporting too much, I'm doing my part to report bad staffing, and if you defend it, you're part of the problem. That's my take.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    • Winner x 6
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Old x 1
  4. Hongo

Hongo VIP

+ Plenty of 'us', staff included, know that people are not punished the same. If you're 'popular' you get off easier. If admins don't like you? Enjoy your ban, oh, also enjoy having every appeal you have denied, with the reason being something along the lines of "Your reputation is not satisfactory, so we're not going to treat you fairly, because we're biased pieces of shit, and have power-based social illnesses."

So, either moderate the GAME like a referee, unbiased and fair like you're supposed to, or keep playing god-complex and keep judging peoples' character as if you're better than them, and then punish them unfairly because you don't like them. Yeah, we're onto your shtick.

• Dumb x 6
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Old x 1
  5. Hongo

Hongo VIP

One more thing since I'm on a roll here, you know your argument is correct when the opposing shills + masters have to do mental olympics to defend the accused staff. "Oh but in THIS specific case, Mars was in this particular part of the sky, and that's why it's not rdm."

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Confusing x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Old x 1
  6. Hongo

Hongo VIP

Oh, oh, and also, notice how it's so convenient that reports against staff tend to uhhh, you know, get ignored until the ban is expired. THEN when it's expired, they'll respond and then be like "yeah but the bans expired so theres not really much we can do"
    you guys are so fucking obvious lmfao its great when you try to come up with reasons why shit doesnt get done, all the while the newer reports get finished on the same day.

• Dumb x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Old x 1
  7. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I am sorry that we have made you feel this way. Trust me when I say, we aren't intentionally working to piss you off or punish you specifically. At least i'm not. Despite your constant run ins with the rules, I actually quite like you. Keep on this crusade if you want to, otherwise, whatever.

Have a nice day bud.

• Like Like x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Hongo

Hongo VIP

You need to realize that i'm not against you, i'm WITH you. I'm on your side, if you're one of the good ones.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

Hongo we treat donators the same as everyone else, never understood why anyone thinks otherwise. Donators don't get any special powers or anything, so it's not like we get to know them any better just because of their donator rank.

Dunno what this "because Mars was in this part of the sky" shit is about. If you're confused as to why you're slain, ask the staff member online to explain it to you. If they don't respond, then I agree that you'd have a easy, valid report reason.

Speaking of reports, we aren't trying to have them last months. If you think we enjoy seeing a report in progress for 2 months, you're insane. I want to see reports reach a verdict in a matter of days, not so long it becomes irrelevant. As for why they sometimes take just longer than a ban, well, if your ban is only a 1 day local ban, it's going to expire before all parties are able to respond. Unfortunately for you, this is an unpaid volunteer position so we have to keep jobs, and go to a school. Or, we just want to play a different game or go to a friend's house. Sorry man, it's just the way it is.

We have no problem with you reporting staff members, but we would prefer you try talking to us in game first. Yes - we go off your response. We're much more well versed in the rules than you, so if we can pretty much always fine a valid kill reason in every death scene. But, you probably only killed them for one, non-valid kill reason. That's why we specifically go off responses alone. What you can do is write out your whole story in the response rather than writing 10 words then getting frustrated when you're slain.

We also handle forgiveness in a way that is unbiased. If the rdm is accidental, and no chains are caused, a staff member can and should accept forgiveness.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Hongo

Hongo VIP

Oh, Sticky. So pure, so naive. If only I were so inclined to show you the warnings and messages I've gotten, referencing directly my 'reputation' and threatening to punish me harsher, confirming that certain PARTIES on this server do indeed punish unfairly, and based on how much you are perceived as 'good' or 'bad'.

• Dumb Dumb x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

Ok, then do it. Show me the messages.

What's stopping you?

12. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

if i was hongo i would probably be perma banned for some of the shit ive done lmao

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
  13. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 do you know how it feel to feel alone VIP Bronze

Ah shit, here we go again.

I'm sorry you feel that way Hongo. I used to think that you were just some toxic ass regular, until we actually had some good conversations and interactions and I realized that your a cool guy. I hope that what follows doesn't change that.

Your totally right. Of course we don't punish certain people the same. If within the time you have spent at this community you have built up a history of trolling, RDM, toxicity, loopholing, or generally being a pain in the ass, your going to be given very little leniency when it comes to situations where this staff team has a choice to punish or to forgive. Is this fair? No. It isn't meant to be fair. If you decide to be a troublemaker and be unfair to the rest of the server or community, that unfairness is going to be reciprocated and projected back onto you in the form of punishment, denial of forgiveness, or anything related to that. You claim that this staff team is "out to get" certain players, which is funny, because decisions that we make about appeals or forgiveness is based on one thing; you. If your record is clean and your nothing but sunshine on the servers, you are much more likely to get appeals accepted, forgiveness accepted (when the situation allows for it), and such.

Nobody SHOULD be against each other, we are all members of this community alike. Regular players love this community, but they have a slightly different love for the community than staff do. Regulars love SGM because it is full of other players like themselves that are there to mess around and have a good time. However, we have a love for SGM that entitles us to hold people who break the rules accountable and to punish them when said rules are broken. These two different viewpoints tend to clash for a simple reason, we have to punish you when rules are broken. We don't want to slay or ban anyone, (at least I don't), but if we have to enforce the rules because you broke them, don't be surprised when we do. I became mod because I played a lot on the servers as a regular, and people would mic spam and RDM like shit while no staff were on. So, I became a staff member to prevent the RDM and rule breaking from ruining the fun for everyone else. The staff team doesn't want to punish you Hongo. Keep in mind, before we became staff members, we were just regulars who liked to fuck around just like you, and personally, that's still how I play. But when you pull strings, push boundaries, and have run ins with the rules, we have to punish you accordingly.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Aluf

Aluf -redacted by the administration- VIP

Your problem here is that you knew you were gonna be really busy with IRL and epic gamer community stuff at the same time.

You need to set your priorities straight: gaming FIRST, IRL is LAST!

If you knew you were gonna be this busy, you needed to get someone to at least temporarily substitute (or get a new lead) since you are the only lead admin. That person was me. You failed, way to go man...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Hongo

Hongo VIP

don't you understand what im trying to tell you here? you're saying the things that I'm saying back to me. YOU used to think I was toxic, but I'm not. I'm just a goofball, but there are still staff who haven't taken the time to get to know me like you have. they see me, like you did, they make an assumption of my character and then they define me by that, and they treat me like that, and they never make a move to get to know me. These guys are the ones who are not fit to be staff, because fundamentally, their behavior and personality is not compatible with a position of power, they will apply authoritarian POV to everything, to everyone, unless they are 'buddy buddy' friends with them, in which case they'll perform 'mental olympics' to justify what their buddy did.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hongo

Hongo VIP

ok ok, let me rephrase that for you scuffed water, I used to take time to try to talk to staff in game more, I'd use the @<message> thing all the time but honestly, ever since the roll back shit has gone so south. Half the staff dont respond, half of them complete reports without even looking at logs, I've been slain so many damn times based "off of your response" that I can't even count it.

Now I've already tried draining the swamp once, and it kinda worked, I got one mong off the staff team for the better, because as I said, their behavior is not compatible with a position of power. Some people cannot handle it mentally, they are too emotional, they are unable to see without bias, and they just aren't compatible with a staff rank. It doesnt make them bad people! I value everyone in the community and i love playing with you guys, but you gotta realize that you're MODERATORS. REFEREES, Meant to moderate proper gameplay, but some of your team go further beyond that and judge people personally, punish them based off of their character, so if they make one mistake they bear the weight of 3 mistakes, because of 'their history'.

People can change, but plenty of the higher ups here refuse to believe that, and they offer no forgiveness and no mercy. Why should I offer forgiveness and mercy to those who don't? I treat staff as staff treat us, and that's the way it is, because thats the way yall made it. teach a lesson, don't be surprised when people learn it mang.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hongo comin' in hot callin' out the ego stroking. What a fuckin' champ. You do you, you beautiful bastard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dwardu

Dwardu School tmrw? VIP

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALM.

Bros, no one is forcing you to stay. I lurk here once in a while but it's clear some of you just don't agree with how this place is run, so what do? :eek:

1. Call cops and get them to fix problem.
    2. Leave community and then ah shit here we go again.

On a serious note, I don't know how you leaked the hidden protocol of unbanning/unslaying VIP's, I just used to perma ban the entire server to avoid dealing with reports personally. (csay was a kute command too.)

On an actual serious note, there is a lot of protocol behind the scenes that you don't see and it involves quite some work in order to collect the proper evidence, especially with high server loads. No one is out there to get you but if you develop a bad track record you have to understand that for the sake of other people you might get investigated "more thoroughly" otherwise there would be no point. Ultimately just try to focus on the game itself, if you're playing to just point out flaws in staff/community I think it's time to move on buddy. Seems like it's gotten a bit more inactive nowadays sadly but I guess they're doing all they can to keep it alive to some degree.

• Winner Winner x 4
  19. mods are gay

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. STONEY

STONEY I AM FIRE, I AM DEATH. VIP

Here we go again...

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1