Answered Question about these two reports and evidence

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by iii, Sep 21, 2019.

1. iii

iii eye-eye-eye or triple eye is fine VIP

So, recently three reports were closed due to lack of evidence, though one seemed to involve possible ghosting so it's easy to understand what evidence is lacking.

My questions then, will be about these two:
    https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/report-against-zplude.53519 - closed by @ThatAintFalco
    and
    https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/report-against-mrmufasi.53523 - closed by @Aria

Both are reports that involve RDM, though the second is for RDM and Leave.

My questions:
    - What sort of evidence should be provided in the case of a Mass RDM like the first one and in the case of a RDM and Leave like the second one?
    - What evidence in these two particular cases was lacking? (though perhaps these might only be answerable by Falco and Aria respectively)

2. dazza

dazza Banned VIP Bronze

I can't say what the original handling staff did/didn't do however they SHOULD have gone and check their self no evidence should be needed for rdm reports in most cases, however staff members may need to ask for extra evidence to make a proper verdict

In cases where the f8 logs show the victim killing someone prior to being killed by the "rdmer" most mods won't call that rdm because without reports or video it's hard to say if the rdmer was killing for the previously mentioned t act or not

So in short you can't just ban for mass rdm based on logs alone without considering possible reasons for a kill to not be rdm, and think about the amount of times you have seen someone kill 4 innos and you thought they were mass rdming but turns out a staff member online at the time could prove they didn't mass rdm

3. DarkShiny

DarkShiny Just guilty me NOW, boi VIP Silver

Screenshots of the RDM is only necessary when the month changed, thus staff members having no access to the old logs of that month.

Nothing, really. Unless I have missed something, but I re-checked the logs regarding those reports and there was enough proof to validate the claim of the reporter (I made sure to consider the times where the victims have committed t-acts, so that the killer could actually act upon it, but that was only once the case in these reports)

We cannot ban for RDM and Leave unless a staff member was present at that time.

4. iii

iii eye-eye-eye or triple eye is fine VIP

So the evidence that would be needed is a screenshot or recording proving that a mod+ was on the server when the person left?

5. DarkShiny

DarkShiny Just guilty me NOW, boi VIP Silver

Yes