Answered Question about karma

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Emily❤, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

So for the longest time I thought that if you killed a T as a inno karma loss from team damage that round would be reduced. I asked about in SB but I didn't get what I felt was a clear answer. So is it like this or does killing a T not affect how much karma is lost of you also damage innos that round?

2. Janppa

Janppa VIP Bronze

You gain karma by damaging traitors i dont remember the exact amount

3. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

I believe karma loss is incurred from killing 'the wrong people' (innocents as innocent, traitors as traitor). If you kill innocents as traitor, you get a small karma boost, but if you kill a traitor, you'll also take a hit to your karma.

I'm not 100% sure but I believe damage affects your karma, someone else would have to clarify that, but to my knowledge, both killing and damaging affect your karma.

So, if you're a traitor and you kill a buddy, but damage innocents (given my understanding), you'll reduce the karma penalty slightly. The damage to innocents would give you some karma back. The T kill gives you a minus to karma, the inno kill/damage gives you a small boost.

Inversely in your case as innocent, if you kill a traitor, but damage innocents, you'll still receive the karma penalty from the damaged innocent players, but the traitor kill would work in your favour in terms of karma. Here, the T kill gives you a plus to karma, the inno kill/damage would then give you a minus. I don't know the exact values for the karma calculation though.

So it's not like killing a T gives you a percentage reduction of karma loss that round, it's addition and subtraction iIrc. + for good kills, - for bad kills.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

Staff can lock the thread.

5. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

Karma is basically what affects your damage THAT round. 1000 karma means you deal full damage, lower karma means you deal lower damage.

You lose karma when you damage/kill players with from your team, Innos/Dets killing Inno/Dets, and Ts killing Ts.

You gain karma when you damage/kill players from the opposing team: Innos/Dets killing Ts, and Ts killing Innos/Dets.

Karma changes every round end, and that's pretty much all there is to it.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. ink

ink Genuine Happiness VIP Silver

I'm not sure the exact values our server uses since I don't have access to the server files, but the base repo rewards a player 40 karma for killing a traitor + additional karma for damaging him. Besides this, when you kill a traitor and an innocent, you don't get the clean round bonus for not doing damage to team, which is 30 in the base repo. So, in that round you'd get the base karma increase for the round (base repo is 5) , deduct the karma for killing innocent and damaging him (both are separate) and get karma increase for damaging and killing the traitor (also separate), while not getting karma bonus for having a clean round. To answer the main question, team damage's karma loss is completely independent from gaining karma for killing a traitor, and doesn't decrease by a multiplier like you were suggesting.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017