1. Hello Guest! We'd like to invite you to join our Discord server. Join now and meet new people, discuss anything and everything, and have some fun with the community. All it takes is two clicks!

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello, Guest!
SGM is celebrating its 5th Anniversary with a H.U.G.E. event, full of content and fun!
Join the party and help the community unlock new loot! Click HERE for more information.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to the SGM Community forums, Guest!

We're glad to have you on board. Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to the community in our Introductions Forum? We'd love to get to know you!

If you're looking for information or help, please check out the New Users Guide where you can find all the details you need about our community, servers and the staff.

We hope you will enjoy your stay here in SGM! It's going to be fun.

PTS Batch #2: "Tools of Destruction"

Discussion in 'Public Test Server' started by Opalium, May 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destiny Blade

Destiny Blade No! My heart belongs to me! Moderator VIP Bronze

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. MiGGo

MiGGo coolgamer VIP

Just going to repeat what I already wrote in sb a few minutes ago

Frag nades: 2 ideas: Make the explosive radius from which it instakills you tighter. I think it's wrong when you get hit by a frag nade and you feel lucky that you ''survived'' with about 10-40hp left. Compared to an incendiary grenade which does 60 MAX damage from literally being underneath your feet when it blows up (+ like 10 damage you might take from escaping the fire) the frag nade puts out a bit too much consistend damage.
    Second idea was to make the frag grenade uncookable, so the dink donk sound it makes when it hits the ground is an actual disadvantage, since you can't just bypass it by cooking it in your hand. This however could also be bypassed by people using their magneto sticks to throw frag nades at crowds of people, but I'm not sure how efficient this could be.

Burst weapons: These are never used, because they just feel like clunky automatic weapons. The reason why anyone uses burst weapons in any game (I'm mostly thinking of CS: Source and Modern Warfare 2) is usually because they provide far more accuracy over automatic weapons, but in short bursts which usually balance out the DPS differences. Right now what we have is burst fire weapons that fire fasts bursts (so fast they almost seem like automatic weapons) with fairly large cone. I think the time between the bursts should be increased to something like 0.5-0.75s and the cone of these guns should be reduced by a bunch (And/Or if possible, to avoid overbuffing them, make the first burst be very accurate, but if the person fires a 2nd burst right after, then this burst has a larger cone, just to avoid people being able to snipe with burst weapons too easily)

I know I already said something about the new DS heal but I think I want to spend more time testing it before I can give a real opinion. Thanks for the updates i'm gonna keep typing more stuff when I come up with stuff to say

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. CrownedWings

CrownedWings ‘Tis the season, Saint Nick Elite

Yesss new fun rooooound!

4. Xproplayer

Xproplayer Legendary

Why remove good guns...

Kewl loadout changes

Kewl pointshop options except boo frag limits (but its balanced so :()

5. Boomshakalaka

Boomshakalaka VIP Bronze

Im sorry, but the advance loadout options are elite and legendary? C'mon opalium. This is ridiculous. This update is now a big ol' money grabber. Please, reconsider this.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. its called a magazine not a clip plz fix

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. degolfer222

degolfer222 :, :'_ Moderator Elite

I gotta ask: Whats up with poons? As of yesterday, the models were fucked up. Like, you buy it, it says harpoon, but looks like a knife in your hands, and in anyone elses hands looks like a piece of paper, but still functions like a normal poon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Owner Developer VIP Silver

It seems the PTS crashed earlier and never recovered automatically as it should. I brought it back online now. Sorry for the wait!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Rauno

Rauno Sausage Moderator VIP+

Got some more testing in so here are some of my thoughts on the stuff.

Cantina - Bad
    Whitehouse V1 - Don't we have this on live already? It's alright, not the best map but not something I'd hate playing.
    Black Mesa - Not my favourite map but it's not terrible. It's for people who want to mess around more instead of sweating TTT.
    Portals - It's not horrible, but I don't like it too much. The fake portals really take from the map and it feels pretty small with a mediocre layout.
    CWOffice - Probably the map I liked the most out of the ones we've got on PTS since it's basically Office with more stuff. It's pretty good.
    Pelicantown - Didn't really ever get time to explore the map but it feels pretty small with a flat layout. Nothing special.
    Aircraft - I was against adding this map at first but it's really not that bad. It doesn't have much to it other than a bad layout and the helicopter but it's ok.
    Oldruins - It's pretty good. Didn't have time to check out the secrets I believe it has yet but the layout is fine and it's fairly large.
    Lego Treasureisland - It's basically the Lego map we have right now but with all the good stuff removed and bad stuff kept. I don't like it.
    The fun round is really fun. It's definitely up there with headshot wars competing for the best fun round we've got. Once the improvements are pushed and there's more time in the pre-round for people to read the text it'll be amazing.
    Here's a pretty cool highlight clip:
    Taser still robs your credits when you get tased as a traitor. Famas doesn't get reserve ammo when you buy it from the pointshop. Loadouts don't save on map change which sucks (pls fix).

Overall I feel like PTS would be more successful if it was up more often with possibly less content. I feel like at times there's too much for people to test at once. When testing weapon balance I'd like to play on the normal maps we've got, innomotel, dolls etc cause those give me a better idea for the weapon balance. Exploring new maps is fun but I'd prefer if it was its own batch and not jammed in with everything else.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Timo654

Timo654 +1 my mod app Moderator Legendary

Got some feedback too.

Taser still robs credits + gives full HP to victim.

The person who uses jihad can't really hear the custom explosion sounds due to the noise you get after you die by an explosion.

Cantina is a bad map. The layout is confusing, it just causes delay.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Opalium

Thank you for the feedback, everyone. I will be taking down the PTS shortly for some maintenance. It'll be up again tomorrow.
    Cheers.

• Like Like x 3
    • Old Old x 1
  12. Opalium

Apologies for the lack of updates. The update is taking longer than I hoped it will. I will keep this locked until I can tackle this properly.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.