PSA: Forum Report Feature

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Orion, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Orion

Orion He is Exalted Administrator VIP

This thread is not meant to throw shade at people for "petty reports", target a specific person or even criticize the system without handing a solution. It is made simply to inform.

Recently I have seen a few reports within the TTT Report sub-forum made to report others for their forum (even just shoutbox) behavior EXCLUSIVELY, not as extra evidence.

Now, from what I see, many people don't know (and frankly in the past not even I knew about it and reported someone for what they did in a conversation using the sub-forum) that there is a Report feature within someone's profile and it's easy to miss out since it is located in a corner and has a small font.

[​IMG]

When you press the Report button, you'll see a text box where you can then present your evidence. It's recommended that you present:
    Reason
    Evidence
    Time

The profile report feature is mostly for shoutbox, because there is in fact a Report button in every response to a thread and even private conversations, which make it much easier for staff to have the precise time and already serves as (at least partly) evidence, though it is still recommended to provide Reason and Evidence.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

However, the most efficient way to report someone's forum behavior is via private conversations, since the report feature does not allow other responses. Contact a staff member first to let them know you intend to report someone for something they did in the forums, especially if it's related to drama. Sometimes, information can be too sensitive.

[​IMG]

Now, for staff, it's a bit weirder. For some reason they cannot be reported directly.

[​IMG]

In this case, simply add their superior to the conversation so they may deal with it. An advantage to conversations is that, if you are not satisfied with the report's conclusion, you may add others after starting the conversation. This avoids that infamous report chain of reporting a mod, followed by their admin and eventually both leads.

Yes, I don't expect that the feature is going to see more use. I'm just tired of seeing minor reports for forum behavior being created publicly when they could be resolved with a simple talk, since the exposure sometimes does more harm to the person reporting than it does to the reported party, especially since a lot of forum reports aren't even that big of a deal, making it seem petty.

Thank you for reading.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  2. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Do I sense A Bit Of A Application Going On Sir?

• Dumb Dumb x 4
  3. Orion

No.

4. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

The images are broken for me, but honestly there should be punishment for repeated petty reports in the forums. You should be able to still get it handled thru dms and conversation, but just restrict it from being on the forums / ttt staff / player reports

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

Fix the images or I'll report you on forums

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Orion

Don't know if the images are fixed, but I have substituted them. For some reason I could see them but you guys couldn't. My apologies.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

Fixed

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Adlactor Nell

Adlactor Nell Advertiser Friendly, Right out of the box! VIP

upload_2020-6-25_21-28-50.png
    in all honesty tho thanks for taking time out of your day to make this!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Easier to invalidate a report when it's in private. Harder in the court of public opinion.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2