Proximity chat?

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Marshall Arnold, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Marshall Arnold

Marshall Arnold New Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Titan

Titan SGM's official music nerd Administrator VIP Bronze

leave prox chat to darkrp

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Marshall Arnold

Marshall Arnold New Member

oh ok just wondering thanks for responding tho

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Xerp

Xerp VIP

noo we need this fight back

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. j3kawesome

j3kawesome "mestimate" - Indy226 Administrator VIP Silver

I feel like this would not work because one of the crutial parts of TTT is callouts including KOS, Sus, ect...
    With proximity chat that would not be able to happen and would boost the ability for traitors to win 100x

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

+1 this would reduce a ton of mic spam

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. ori with a gun

ori with a gun just vibin VIP

I feel like prox chat could be really cool, however i do kinda agree with jck about this one.

As cool as it would be, I would say it should be only used on another server or during a special event/fun round or something

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wojack

Wojack Her king :3 VIP

-1 for this exact reason

• Like Like x 1
  9. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

+1 this would be a unique idea since no other server does this for TTT

• Like Like x 1
  10. Makuzi

Makuzi Now we all pray blood stains wash away VIP Silver

make it experimental on vanilla
    also, louder the person talks in the mic, the farther it should get (like irl)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. j3kawesome

j3kawesome "mestimate" - Indy226 Administrator VIP Silver

i dont think that that would be a problem on nilla with some of our players being able to broadcast to the whole map all the time

Also, there is no way to combat mic spam if the staff team can't hear the whole map conversations. Another thing is that if you say someone was kosed in voice chat and the moderator did not hear the kos due to the proximity chat there would be a giant ability to loophole reports

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. Makuzi

just have a voicechat log?

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. Nuno

Nuno Nothing is better than Tesco's own brand gin Administrator VIP Silver

I have a point of order.

TTT involves the traitors isolating targets and killing them, I think proximity chat would add a fundamental depth to the gameplay that already exists - however implementing it would cause a massive change that most people will not be ready for. Therefore, I would say to try in a low-pop server which would host a number of changes which you wouldn't find in base TTT - this would be a completely different server than to current ones, and include roles and probably more realistic ways of playing the game - think this would be a pretty good way at coming towards the idea of proximity chat in a completely new server.

So I'm all for the proximity chat if it's trialled in a new server adn we just see the community reaction to the whole idea, If it works out, I think (pardon the irony) it would really make ttt gameplay serious

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Titan

Titan SGM's official music nerd Administrator VIP Bronze

you do not understand what you are asking for for such a menial reward

15. Makuzi

buddy this is just a suggestion, i want to argue for the idea of proximity chat as experimental with a voice log with it being deleted when the map changes, just so people don't have to loophole bullshit. Most of you that are against this have valid arguments, but it would be an interesting idea if it's done properly in experiment.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. -Vader-

-Vader- VIP

I will say this now, this will not work. Maybe it would work if everyone was on the same playing field, as in skill-wise. With people having skill, people can just go more on a rampage because most people won't hear the KOS due to the proximity chat. With the rule set as well, you can't use your brain until you "see" or have a "KOS" on someone. You know someone killed someone in the room, but you can't kill them for that without ACTUALLY seeing it. If that rule was changed, I suppose this proximity chat could actually work. Other than that, with these rules, it would just be easier to annihilate the whole server with just one person. It already happens when certain players are on, why make it more easier?

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  17. capri sun

capri sun VIP

Honestly, this sounds like a pretty nice idea