Pros and Cons : Factions Vs Towny?

Discussion in 'Archived Minecraft Discussion' started by _Astaaroth_, Mar 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey all, there's been a bit of discussion about implementing Towny to the server, although we've had quite a few players prefer factions?

I'd just like to see the two compared with each other and if one or the other is better in the long run? I haven't played much of towny or faction servers so it's definitely something I'm not familiar with.

Factions in my experiences have been quite pvp based, but that doesn't mean that it has to be completely? Although factions is based almost solely on claiming land and fighting for more land, as well as raids and overpowering protections to claim those too? Please feel free to go in more depth with this if I've missed something.

Towny from what I've seen is much more flexible than factions. Having the capability of managing pvp, chat, economy, and griefing. So it doesn't always have to be forced into pvp all the time? Towns join together instead of overpowering each other, and overalls seems less intimidating than factions. And again, feel free to give your own input on the pros and cons of this as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.