Prop Damage

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by finispro, May 9, 2019.

1. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

I can't speak for everyone, but the ability to mess with props is easily one of my favorite features of Garry's Mod lmao

2. Dani

Dani Impersonating Staff Banned VIP

tl;dr: The mechanic should stay because I want to be able to RDM people in a funny way.

Not an argument

Not an argument

Thread is about preventing RDM through change of mechanics. Your argument is "just don't RDM". Oh yeah, because that helps. Imagine being in the thread where someone first suggested "Don't allow people to throw grenades before the round starts" and posting "Just don't throw grenades before the round starts xD". Oh yeah, someone most likely would have posted that if that thread actually does exist, because people here hate change and use "it's always been like this" as an argument for why it should be like this.

Based and redpilled.

An actual argument.

Well, if we're talking about RDMing with props: It gives us a sense of freedom that only Rage Against The Machine songs could compare with. RDMing someone with a gun feels like a terrible crime, but RDMing with props hits that sweet spot between obeying and disobeying.

So what are the higher ups working on then? What is high priority? A little bit of transparency would be nice instead of vague "they/we are busy with things". Are they still working on formulating a response to the report against Teroxa that was made 1 month ago that they claim they didn't forget about? See that epic change of topics I just made? Fuck the admins!

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Hongo

Hongo VIP

you can literally make props no collide with the environment / entities in the admin menu fuck you

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Vent Xekart

Vent Xekart VIP Bronze

If I I'm correct you can also make props no-collide with players too so...yeah, it wouldn't mess with the code and/or the engine of Garry's Mod so @Elvis your argument is sort of invalid.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dargar

Dargar VIP Bronze

I'm just being a realist, alright? Like in reality who in the hell do you think is gonna take the time to actually make some changes? Nobody. In reality the way the servers are now, is how they will be when they die. No one is gonna waste their time and effort to do it, and I don't picture any of the current staff making any major changes.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

I said i could be wrong. Did mommy Not give you enough attention today, is that why youre being an ass?

7. Elvis

I said i could be wrong. It isnt my only argument. You and a select handful of people are the only ones that have a problem with prop-using players. You have options at your disposal that can help you but you CHOOSE to say fuck it and not put in the time to get better, and only want to get rid of it bc you dont want to do the above.

Since you dont own csgo, everything i said can be used in gmod. Practice bhop maps and surf maps.

I dont even know why im still helping you kid all youve done is be an ass to someone trying to make the game more enjoyable for you. Im GIVING you ways you can improve but fuck it right? Keep getting shit on by players using props bc you didnt want to take my advice. Pos asshole.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

Aight let's return to topic

9. Vent Xekart

Vent Xekart VIP Bronze

You do know that it's Hongo you're replying to right? Just putting that out there.
    I don't have a problem with people using props at all, what I do have a problem with is people using them to purposely damage or harm other players. It's extremely frustrating when your minding your own business and some dumbass either purposefully (or accidentally) throws a prop at you in one of your blindspots.

I must grudgingly admit the option you've offered about having people practice on b-hopping or surf maps might help some people who've been on the receiving end of a propkill. I've been trying to practice on some of those and unfortunately I haven't had the best of luck thus far. I don't know about anybody else but if someone has gotten better because of it, good on them.

That being said I also offered my own solution to the problem which is making it so that a prop being held by someone's magneto-stick has it's collisions with players disabled as long as it's being held and maybe a couple of seconds after someone throws it or drops it so nobody gets hurt. Instead of taking it seriously though, I got a bunch of negative ratings and nobody has bothered to even take it into consideration.

So before you bitch at me for not taking your option(s) into consideration, let remind you that you haven't been doing the same for me you bloody hypocrit.

10. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

Propkill them back ez
    But make sure you do so validly

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  11. Fiz

Fiz local jihad pro VIP Bronze

What some may need to remember is that in the end it’s still a GAME. Prop kill is very fun to do in my opinion and of course the person will get punished but it’s still technically a valid form of killing someone. You may not like it but it’s a damn fun way to kill and you’re gonna have to deal with it because I don’t think it will be changed any time soon. If someone is targeting you with a prop then you should report it but if not just report the killer and move on with your game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.)

ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.) Warehouse 13 Next Generation VIP

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Elvis

I want to start by saying that getting better at bhopping takes quite a long time. I have put well over 600 hours of my gmod time into bhop and surf, and well over 300 hours of my csgo time into KZ, while still only being considered probably to be at an advanced level. You dont need to only do bhop/surf/kz maps, you can practice all that ive said to do on TTT, which honestly might help you a bit bc of the fact that TTT doesnt have auto hop, and almost every surf/bhop server will. Unless you put in the time and effort, like anything else, you wont get better.

The reason why I didnt consider your option, is because 8/10 people that play TTT, like being able to use props. Having it to where props do nothing, will greatly kill the already low playerbase imo. Yes, there is an option to disable the magneto sticks ability to pick up props, but if that were to happen, you wouldnt be able to do certain things such as move things (that are unbreakable) out of your way. Prop surfing would go extinct (I used to love prop surfing until I forgot how to do it tbh).

Your suggestion of no collision with props, imo, was shot down with negative ratings because props in TTT are one of the core values of TTT gameplay. Alot of players here like playing with props. Im not being an ass when I say this, but you are in the minority here.

For players who RDM with a prop, staff are able to view the DS still. They are able to still dish out slays/bans even if you cant report them bc you dont know who killed you. All you have to do is ask staff to investigate. If they are unable to figure out who threw the prop, say the person threw the prop from way across the map or something of the sort, then if you or someone on the server is recording the video can be submitted. In my experience, staff 9/10 times will be able to see who killed who with the prop.

As for you being bitched at and reported for RDM, if you know you didnt RDM, I dont see why this matters. If Player A kills Player B and you kill Player A, but then get reported for RDM, all you have to say is they prop killed someone and move on to the next round.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

Ok Elvis we get it you know how to bhop

• Funny Funny x 4
  15. Death

Death May we meet again. VIP Bronze

I think we're done here.. ​

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. Hongo

Hongo VIP

How the fuck are props the core value of TTT, a game mode which has nothing to do with props compared to gamemodes like prop hunt. The core values of TTT are innocents trying to find the traitors and not kill each other / traitors kill all the innocents / detectives find traitors. the only reason the magneto stick is a thing is because garrys mod is a game with much emphasis on its physics engine, thats like saying "the ability to knife a chicken is a core value of Call of Duty because its a game mechanic"

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  17. Hongo

Hongo VIP

+ Vanilla has magneto stick, but literally no props to pick up besides the minecarts in b5. So saying 'props are a core value of ttt' is poopoo

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Vent Xekart

Vent Xekart VIP Bronze

Fair Enough.
    I appreciate your honesty and you have a very good point in that I am only one of a handful of players who've been vocal about the issue. I'm going to drop the subject and I would like to apologize for being so belligerent about it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1