Promote Ori

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Tentajuul, Dec 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tentajuul

Tentajuul VIP

Hes always on and whether thats to get hours untill Voca sees fit or to actually play Idk. Havent seen voca in a bit and ori is grinding and alot of the times he would be the only staff member online. Yesterday for example it wouldve saved about a map and a half of mass rdm and harassments from a guy named CatJesus. Hes been Tmod forever and it isnt my place but we would be better off with him as a mod asap.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Moleman

Moleman Dr Pepper Enthusiast VIP

Not that I disagree, but if you have a good word for him it's better to directly tell his admin. Nobody else has much control over promoting him so making a whole thread is kinda pointless

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

No, I won't.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. wubby

wubby balls Administrator VIP Bronze

There's a lot more to go with than just activity, but I would tell this to his admin like Moleman said. There could be a lot of "behind the scenes" things that's holding him back, but I'm no sure. Just know activity isn't the only things admins look for when promoting their trial mod.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Husky

Husky Euthanasia VIP Silver

Hey - while the nice comments are appreciated about the trial moderator, it's up to their admin only to determine it based on performance reviews they get from those who staff with them. There's a lot of thought process behind handling reports and ensuring that needs to be in order before they can safely and confidently make their own decisions.

If there isn't a staff member on who can give out disciplinary measures, a trial moderator can still look at any reports and collect evidence, which can be passed along to the next staff member to show up to the server.

Admins are also responsible for ensuring that the new trial moderators are capable of running things, as if a moderator makes constant mistakes, people will look to their admin and ask "What went wrong?" and "What can we do to fix what's went wrong if anything?" If their staff don't do well, simply put the admin isn't doing their best.

It could be something as simple as a confidence issue that's holding them back, or even simpler, a pre-determined period of time hasn't passed. These things simply can't be rushed.

Have faith - I'm sure he'll make it if he continues good behavior and good habits.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Lunar

Lunar 8:00PM VIP Silver

promote me instead

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. danstorm

danstorm Caaaaaaaarl, that kills people! Moderator VIP

You should pm Voca instead of making a thread. Some admins want tmods to be completely ready for a promotion and not rush it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yellow

Yellow VIP

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Lunar

Lunar 8:00PM VIP Silver

10. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

Maybe Ori likes being a trial

• Like Like x 1
  11. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

promote me ill give better advice than @Pacifist

12. danstorm

danstorm Caaaaaaaarl, that kills people! Moderator VIP

yes, maybe he likes getting bullied

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

you wish

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

i know

15. ori with a gun

ori with a gun just vibin VIP

Weird to see a whole thread bandwagoning me getting me promoted, although I appreciate the kind words I still have a lot to learn and simply put it’ll happen when Voca thinks I’m ready, and I’m fine being a trial currently. What happened yesterday was just a horrible coincidence of a mod leaving exactly when RDMers joined but Titan was able to join quickly and get through everything as soon as possible. Being on often isn’t all that being a mod is about, there is still a ton of things I need to learn before I can be promoted. All in all this is more of a behind the scenes thing and it would be better if any feedback was given directly to Voca. I’m in no rush to get promoted as it’s only been 2 weeks. I’ve enjoyed being a trial and although I appreciate the kind words, this isn’t really a public thing.

also you didn’t even tag me smh my head

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. ori with a gun

ori with a gun just vibin VIP

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Titan

Titan SGM's official music nerd Administrator VIP Bronze