Professions/Majors of SGM

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Python~, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

I love CNC machines. I drew this up in rhino 3d (or was it autocad? I forget) and was able to make a belt buckle out of aluminum for my drummer friend. Basically drilled the design in, and then used black paint to fill it in (honestly regret that, should have just left it as it was).
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. Chris

Chris Custom Title VIP Bronze

I work in private security, and also do store detective work! (Undercover work, pretending to be an ordinary shopper so you can stand next to and follow thieves easier and catch them) - Can be very fun work, and the things you see on CCTV cameras are incredible! What people do when they don't think anyone can see :D

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Chastity4lyfe

Chastity4lyfe *Eye roll* VIP Silver

Looks like we have more in common than I thought :sneaky:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Chris

Chris Custom Title VIP Bronze

Oh yes! Haha, only difference being is that my police force arent recruitimg and havent for the past few years, and that my job doesnt allow me to be a special volunteer for the force either :(

5. Amr

Amr Benevolently Committed VIP Iron

Yo, anything, any help in dialect or any questions ask you friendly Arab here.

I got your back!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Frost

Frost Frosted Pun King VIP

Even though I'm very late to this thread..

I'm an HVAC/R Technician (Air Conditioner/Refrigeration Mechanic).

My job requires:
    Preventative Maintenance checks,
    Electrical repairs (Contactor, transformers, relays, switches, disconnect boxes, fan motors, blower motors, leak switches...etc)
    Refrigeration repairs (brazing, installing new HVAC/R units, installing compressors, installing evaporator coils, installing condensercoils...etc)
    Installation
    and whatever we break, we fix. We're a jack of all trades.

I have acquired my EPA Certification, and I'm planning to obtain a HVAC/R Contractors License to be able to do installs legally, and completely begin my own business.

The work is rather strenuous, and very demanding. People have said it's easy all the time, they're wrong.
    The field makes a lot of money, and requires more brain power than you'd think.

I may also become a Police Officer, as it has been a dream of mine.

I also specialize in Lawn Sprinkler repairs, minor electrical repairs (light switches, plugs, things of those sorts), and Fire Alarm repair and inspections.
    I have also been doing computer repair on the side, while I recover from Myocarditis. Surviving it has made me not able to work in my career until otherwise notified.

So I do a lot of work :p

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Salem

Salem VIP

Recently switched majors to Graphic Design :p

• Like Like x 1
  8. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

I forgot this was a thing.

Went from:

About a week after graduation I got a job as a Basecoat lab technician which basically is I distill reactants for our polymers as well as polymerize the products that are used in various medical devices from knee replacements to catheters and anything relating to hyaluronic acid. QC testing on the side whenever necessary.

Feels good to get paid (y)

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Boomshakalaka

Boomshakalaka VIP Bronze

What do I do? Your mom (Ik Ik it's old) / play video games while eating chips.

• Dumb Dumb x 4
  10. Alpha Wolfy

Alpha Wolfy Nocturnal VIP

Psychology major with a minor in Philosophy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Frost

Frost Frosted Pun King VIP

The human psyche has always interested me, that would be something I'd love to delve in. Pero, I don't have the "nonlaziness" to take years of classes for it.