Prefer not to be a traitor

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Death, May 21, 2018.

1. CrownedWings

CrownedWings Quirkless but still kickin VIP

+1 Being able to casually play as a innocent or a detective could make things more interesting because you have to figure out who’s who and it will always be a guessing game unless you test yourself in a tester

• Like Like x 1
  2. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

Dont think you read what I said properly. I meant instead of having a “non traitor option” in the f1 menu you should have a toggleable “reduced chance” of being traitor. The game still needs to be somewhat random as it helps to keep the game replayable.

• Confusing Confusing x 1
  3. Aluf

Aluf -redacted by the administration- VIP

This is a great idea! It will increase my chances of being T more often without forking out my scarce amount of shekels.:coffee:

• Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  4. Robyn

Did you even read the suggestion?

• Dumb Dumb x 3
  5. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

Ooh alright. Yeah I misread it. Yeah I mean that is a smart idea. Whoops. Might be a better idea though to do that, but then you get those rounds where they have that enabled and then go afk longer than expected and end up making their T buddies suffer by having one less person to help them.

• Creative Creative x 1
  6. Robyn

ehh it would happen less. Also maybe make the auto afk happen faster for traitors.

• Confusing Confusing x 2
  7. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

He's referring to the fact that people will be disabling traitor for themselves, so he has a higher chance of being a traitor. Rate this post informative.

• Informative x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Confusing x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  8. Tups

Tups VIP

fuck yeah, miss me with that T shit +1

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Voca

Voca o.o Administrator VIP

-1 at first I didnt see a problem with the suggestion, but at second thought I did.

If we consider with the not becoming Detective option we already have, in a situation where everyone on the server agrees to tag not becoming a detective, then the game would have the abillity to function without a Detective.
    However if you consider the same scenario for a not Becoming Traitor, the rounds will instantly end, because the game wouldnt be able to function without at least 1 Traitor.

It also unlocks the possibillity for players unknownly ghosting by telling "I cant be a traitor cause I tagged the box that makes me not become a Traitor" wether its a lie or not, its still considered round related information that some people will believe while others wont believe it o.o

I am aware that the scenario I described isnt likely to happen, but it has a possibillity.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Makuzi

Makuzi Now we all pray blood stains wash away VIP Silver

Perhaps only a certain amount should. If one selects not to be a T, let's say there's only a 50/50 chance out of the percentage of T's selected if they get their wish or not when it comes to randomly selecting T's. If they don't become a traitor, then someone else will get T, and if they're selected to be T, then tough luck, they're a T. To keep up the same percentage of T's and innos.

11. Dani

Dani Impersonating Staff Banned VIP

Yeah but that's only if literally everyone ticks that box, which most people won't do anyway. Even then, if there is actually a too low number of possible candidates for Traitor, the game should just force it on someone who ticked the box.

"that some people will believe while others won't believe it" completely destroys that point. You can say literally anything that points to you being innocent on this server. It's a game about lying. There is no reason for anyone to believe this more than anything else you could say.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  12. Voca

Voca o.o Administrator VIP

It doesnt destroy the point of it being ghosting though o.o TTT is the point of lying about ingame events yeah, not metagaming events.

13. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

We can already claim to have killed dead Ts we found on the floor, we can already claim to have killed a T buddy we killed in crossfire, we can already claim to be proven without having done anything.. claims aren't the same as being proven and TTT is a game where trust shouldn't be held too easily xD

Also for the everyone-tick-not-traitor-box thing, the only time it's going to be even close to that is if a server wants to see what'll happen, being T is too much fun, and most players won't be aware the option exists. Server can always force it anyway on the non-ticked and however many are required of the ticked.

And ghosting is ghosting, it's gonna happen anyway, a person inclined to private message about it would be inclined to normally.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. ayygurl_

ayygurl_ VIP

+1 but then I guess there should be a limit of people who can have it activated at the same time.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Senpai Reich

Senpai Reich THANK YOU FOR REQUESTING A STAFF MEMBER VIP

+1 I really don’t see a problem with this suggestion. There are people that like being innocent as much as others like to be a traitor.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Cereal KiIler

Cereal KiIler gib banan VIP

+1
    If it’s available for detective, why not for traitor?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Zuko

Zuko VIP Bronze

I'll give it a +1, but it should be tested first, to see if it's going to be used or not.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. ayygurl_

ayygurl_ VIP

can we disable innocents rounds?

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. A Slightly Ferocious Cat

A Slightly Ferocious Cat i guess you could say i like cats VIP

I agree with this, should be tried on the test server before anything. +1

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

+1

This would also be pretty basic to implement in a fair manner. Presently the standard TTT logic for selecting traitors is random, but if they are selected and they were a traitor the previous round it then does another randomized test where they have a 66% chance of passing and becoming traitor again for a second round in a row.

See here: https://github.com/Facepunch/garrys...d/gamemodes/terrortown/gamemode/init.lua#L880

You could add the logic there, if they've selected "Prefer not to be Traitor" then it can just run another randomness check giving them a 50% chance on the second pass, or some other arbitrary likelihood like 33% or 25%. That way they get traitor less often, but aren't guaranteed to any real degree not to get it, it just skews the selection process against them.

• Like Like x 1