Prefer not to be a traitor

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Death, May 21, 2018.

1. Death

Death May we meet again. VIP Bronze

There is a little box in F1 that lets you almost or at all not be detective, I am wondering why not add one for traitor. I don't always like being traitor because of the pressure and concern of delaying when I am trying not to. Maybe just an idea.
    Thoughts?

• Like Like x 16
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  2. Sanchez ❤

Sanchez ❤ Junior staff trainer VIP

Good idea +1

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hyper ✿

Hyper ✿ peace lata VIP Bronze

I'd be okay with it. What I really want to stress is if we could do this with deaths in deathrun, but that's for another suggestion.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

I was neutral leaning toward no initially, but having pondered over it a bit, I actually think this could be okay.
    Traitor is to a large degree the most interesting role (muh pinyon), so I think most will never opt out of the role or very rarely.

I figure this might be able to mess up the ratio. Since detectives are chosen among the innocent players, players opting out of detective aren't an issue, since it'll just choose someone else in the pool of innocents. Having the option to opt out of traitor might interfere with how roles are assigned? Dunno, not a techie, someone smart would have to confirm or deny that.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

Yes, finally. Permanent Detective.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

I thought this was already an option, I don't see any reason why not. +1

I'd disable T rounds whenever I have a slay so I don't feel bad.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

+1
    Other people using this option = More T rounds for me :sneaky:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. NeverGhostin

NeverGhostin Mod to remember VIP

I'm gonna make this short, why play TTT just to be innocent all the time? Don't see any reason to add this in, but that's just me. I won't give it a + but I won't give it a -

• Like Like x 2
  9. Daddy Nexxus

TTT isn't played by everyone with the idea of "when will I be traitor next". Some simply play because it's fun, and many people (myself included) have fun as an innocent. I prefer Detective, with this addition, I'd be able to play Detective 24/7.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

+1 sounds good, if you dont wanna be a D you dont have too, why not make it the same for T.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

Yes, I'll often have to go afk for a minute or two, and being able to not be T will save me having to go spectator so that I don't ruin other's t rounds xD

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Sha

Sha VIP

i like this idea, like i don't want others to suffer if im playing my first game or smth
    +2

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

I like it... Some people go AFK for longer than expected, and it would be nice to have this checked if you are gonna go AFK, just incase, because we may go for a minute but that might turn into like 5, and I rather not torture T buddies by me being AFK not doing shit.

+1

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

-1. some people would then be considered
    "always proven."

what should instead happen is have a reduced chance of being traitor.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Death

Death May we meet again. VIP Bronze

There is no way to prove it if it is even true. Just like a traitor saying they are proven, there is no proof.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Robyn

Yeah but like it will add another level of meta to that person. They don't like being t so they disabled it. Therefore people will think that they are 99% inno.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

This is already a problem with people who always buy D. If theyre not D, then theyre T. This wouldnt really cause any new problems, and would only go to help people who, for whatever reason, like inno

18. Daddy Nexxus

Still not 100%, people know when I'm (and others) are traitor because we buy Detective every round, same thing.

19. Robyn

Don't forget the vanillians :oops:

20. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

As @Death said.. You can't prove that it is selected so... And reduced chance of being traitor? A permanent reduction? No thanks. Already sucks to go a whole map and not get T. Plus yeah you may have people that don't like being traitor, but doesn't mean they have the option enabled.

• Confusing Confusing x 2