#PrayForManchester

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Alex, May 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex

Alex VIP

#PrayForManchester

A tribute to those who lost their lives in Manchester and their family members. There has been reported 29 Dead - including children - and an estimated 59 severely injured.

22.5.17 - 10:30 pm

• Friendly Friendly x 5
  2. Bogdanoff

Bogdanoff VIP

No.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

Regardless of peoples stances on the matter. Prayers should be sent to all the families affected by this attack and all the people who have sent their hands out to help out. I know some will want what Bogdanoff put to happen but at this moment we cant do anything but pray for them and bless the others!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Super Stolica

Super Stolica Supporter

People die every day across the world, some of them die in very gruesome ways. Who prays for them?
    Every time some terrorist attack happens we are all in the pray mindset and that is kinda selfish considering how many people are dying across the world and we can do something about them, but we can't do anything about the terrorist attacks but to "pray".
    Im not saying that this Manchester thing isnt bad and I empathize with those people, but we need more media coverage for all other people currently in the world that are dying who we can help and do something about.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Igneus

Igneus VIP Silver

Makes it even worse when you only live 5 minutes away and you actually know people who were at the concert...

Last edited: May 23, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

imho sometimes it's better to keep ur opinions to yourself cuz there could be people legitimately upset about this event

just to the couple people who are bandwagoning what they read on reddit and saw on youtube.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Chastity4lyfe

Chastity4lyfe *Eye roll* VIP Silver

Thanks for this - it was thoughtful.

Definitely something to remind ourselves to do.
    And to you - I understand your standpoint, but rather than complain about this, why not do something yourself? If others want to pray about it, let them, if others don't, okay. But coming on here and taking away from this post by complaining that people just "pray" is not doing anything for this thread or the problem at hand. Praying is better than doing absolutely nothing and turning it into a meme, because it's a real problem and any kind of situation where terrorism is involved, or massive death is involved, should have some sort of effort from the billions of people that live in the world.

And to anyone else who turns this post into a meme, shame on you.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. Alex

Alex VIP

I completely agree with @That One White Guy and @Super Stolica here, you don't need to care for what happens or even acknowledge other people's stances on this but people died and whilst were bitching about it, more people are dying and we're just sat here jerking off each other. What I'm trying to say is stop saying what will happen and not doing anything. My question is why focus on big events and jump on the bandwagon whilst people are dying everywhere else, just because one known person in the world dies whilst million others die and are forgotten by everyone but the ones close to them.

That's my opinion so stop forcing people to think what you think. Be yourself and have your own opinions.​

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Gonco

Gonco white knight VIP

I'm in no spot to help those in need, but I like to do small things like telling people they look nice or just a lot of small things that may brighten their day. I don't know if it's entirely relevant but I believe stuff like that can have a butterfly effect and maybe brighten the day and pay it forward to support someone who may be going through grief or struggle from situations like this. I can only hope that suffering from extremism will soon come to an end.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Toest

Toest "I am the bus" ~ Falcor, all the time VIP

What happened is sad to see. IMO anything you can do is helping, whether that be pray (if you are religious) or post on social media. It all helps raise awareness of what happened and what you can do to help. We can't just forget about these kinds of things.

11. Trevor ッ

Trevor ッ VIP Bronze

on a brighter tone i heard it was a great concert.

• Dumb Dumb x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Alex

Alex VIP

You're obviously trying to make a joke out of a serious topic, please don't post again on this thread.

• Dumb Dumb x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. Trevor ッ

Trevor ッ VIP Bronze

i said "ON A BRIGHTER TONE" for a reason, but hey, if this seems offensive so be it.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  14. dawildcat

dawildcat VIP

Extremism will never end, there are always members of society who will feel angry at the state of the world, be it Islamic or not. You can't kill an idea.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Rozboon

Rozboon Forgive and Forget, or just forget. VIP

Might want to update your farewell post since you're still here https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/the-6-god-needs-to-run-with-his-woes.39971/

The main reason we ask for prayers, thoughts, what have you, for these situations when yes, countless people are dying across the world needlessly everyday, but this is hitting closer to home, this happens in a place we all think we should be safe, where this type of shit shouldn't happen, 3rd world countries have always had needless deaths, we have millions in our history as we developed so those other deaths are the norm. However, there are people helping them, a lot of these people offering thoughts and prayers to these events are also helping the others, so instead of coming here and trying to divert attention away from something that needs it by saying "but we need more media coverage for all other people currently in the world that are dying who we can help and do something about." The only reason you have that ideology is because we are all constantly bombarded with organizations asking for help where you've turned that off inside your head, next time you go outside, look around, tell me how many signs, posters, pamplets, donations, what have you, that are for these organizations that help the "other dying people of the world" and maybe instead of stating here that people need to start thinking about the others, you start doing something yourself.

As for this situation, concentrate on the victims, the people who helped and ignore those who carried it out to try to cause terror, because when you let them be known, they win. I won't touch much of the beliefs and ideology behind the attacks that have been carried out, but if you even get a chance, take a class at school, pick up some religious books, read them and analyze them, there are some things that are still primitive and that need to be updated to sit in our current world but due to some words on a page, they will never be changed as it is a sin and will get you killed for it. (2 years of religious studies from Hinduism, Christianity to Buddhism and Islam)

And before anyone asks me what I'm doing to help, it's the main reason I joined the military as a Combat engineer, we are sent in for disaster relief whenever it is needed, we are trained to know how to operate heavy machinery, build bridges, water purification, shelters, hand held tools for recovery and relief of disasters, and my prime goal is to go on any and all missions possible for not only peace keeping, but going to countries that need fresh water, shelters, help, and providing whatever I can to help.

TL;DR People die everyday, but in terror attacks like this, we must show our support and let those who were victims and those who helped be known and ignore those who have the capacity to commit these crimes. At the end of the day, try to be someone that you can be proud of, help out, even the smallest thing makes an impact.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Bogdanoff

Bogdanoff VIP

Because the people who die everyday are in the middle of a war zone. Its expected. No one goes to a concert to be shot or blown up.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Kyül

Kyül Caged Bird VIP Bronze

I just find it really sad how theres a #PrayForManchester for an incident where 23 (confirmed) people died, and there wasn´t a #PrayForLybia (or any remotely close media attention) where on the 20th of May more than 120 civilians and soldiers where brutally murdered in a shooting in Wadi Al Shatii. Oh wait, thats an African country, no one cares about those. The thing is these people were normal people trying to live normal lives that were taken from them by a group of Paramilitary terrorists. Their lives werent worth more or less than those lost in Manchester. Yet most of you probably didnt even know about this. See my point?

I am not religious, but I stand by the families of those lost and injured in Manchester. I just wish people would open their eyes more to the fact that the people dying every day in middle eastern or African countries are just as normal and deserving of prayers or support as those anywhere else.

• Dumb Dumb x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. Rozboon

Rozboon Forgive and Forget, or just forget. VIP

The problem with comparing what happened to Lybia to what happened to manchester is that Lybia has been in a state of conflict since 2011, while Manchester was not, yes we should hold them all in our thoughts and hope that the conflict ends soon, but it's been happening since 2011, you should have had them in your prayers and thoughts since 2011.

Also, a majority of them were soldiers that were killed, yes they were killed in a gruesome way (unarmed, on the way back from a parade) but again, it's a warzone over there currently, just as we don't do #PrayForAghanistan or #PrayForIraq (It was a thing when they were first attacked earlier, but hasn't really been a thing, just news reports here and there about the Iraqi army possibly winning and regaining lost cities)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Bogdanoff

Bogdanoff VIP

Comparing two things that are not the same. nice.

Anyway

Libya is a conflict zone (it is expected that many people) vs. Manchester (a peaceful country)
    I wonder why people are more surpised when people in non-conflict zones recieve terror attacks rather than the other way around. Its almost as if non-conflict zones aren't mean to have conflict....

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  20. twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️

twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️ screwdriver Banned VIP Silver

What happened was terrible to see. All we can do is pray. Today, the UK stood in national silence at 11 AM. Not sure if this is true but I heard a terrorist attack happens, on average, every month.

I would also like to clear up a misconseption. Extremism at the moment is NOTHING to do with muslim's. Those terrorists use their religion as a damn excuse to do whatever they like.

Pray4Manchester

• Dislike x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Dumb x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.