Answered Possible loophole on kos?

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Theinkern, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Theinkern

Theinkern Inkern VIP Bronze

Ok so my whole question is based around this video. Not trying to bring back up a report or anything, I just want some clarification on a rule as I feel like there is mixed feedback among the staff for this answer. Some I am getting Yes and Some I am getting no. I have received Permission from @Littlememe and @French Toast to quote for example of two sides.

Example 1:
    1---That person in voice chat asked if there was a kos on a guy. Another person just went along with it without any evidence and said Yeah there is, yeah there is.

Example 2:
    Ok lets get a fresh example here as well. Lets say a player Theinkern said in voice chat : Is there a kos on Freddy? Then Bob says " Yes, yes, yes" in voice chat without actually saying the word KOS in voice chat. Then me (theinkern) kills Freddy.

Who is at fault here? Theinkern or Bob?

The quoting thing from @Littlememe is basically: confirmed that going along with a questionable kos such as ( is there a kos on ?) and someone saying yes yes yes (without saying actually kos) is the person who said yes fault not the one who asked the question.

The quoting thing from @French Toast is: Saying yes does not allow you to be at fault for being slain.

So, I am asking what is the definitive rule on this ? As it seems to be swinging both ways.

• Like Like x 2
  2. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

The definitive rule is that you need to be absolutely certain if there is a KOS called on a player. If you question whether a KOS was called or not and go off of a player's word, then it's not a valid KOS unless the person who answered responded with "Yes KOS the player" or whatever variation fits the conditions needed for a KOS to be valid.

It's the same thing with killing players for valid reasons (Not RDMing). You need to be certain that the victim had committed some kind of traitorous act. If you aren't certain, then it ultimately means you assumed that the player committed a traitorous act and went off of suspicion.

Your situation of you asking if the victim has a KOS shows uncertainty and ultimately, unless the one who answers says to KOS the player with the proper phrase, then it's your fault for killing the victim because you assumed there was a KOS.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Theinkern

So if all 3 were innocent and the person who said yes yes yes without the proper phrase. They would not get slain for rdm?

4. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

The killer would be slain because he was the one who wasn't sure. The person answering wouldn't get punished under normal circumstances unless it becomes excessive.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Well they aren't calling the kos. If you follow that it is on you, but if they are repeatedly doing this to get players in trouble, contact the staff online that you believe that is the case. I think me and guilty got you sorted. Any other questions homie?

6. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Theinkern

Im not worried about that situation. I am just wondering in general. So just to triple check anybody can respond yes to a guy saying "Is pacifist a traitor" and they would not get slain for saying yes?

8. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

You can't always be sure what someone is saying yes to, could be a different chat or something going on in front of them.

Extended question: If some says "yes there is a kos on player" are they then at fault?

9. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

If you say yes to a question regarding a kos, you are not calling the kos. You are simply acknowledging that a kos exists. Keep in mind that players can very easily lie, and in fact they are encouraged too when playing TTT. Don't follow a kos unless you heard it be called or you can see it. If you respond to a question like that with "Yes" you are not at fault if someone dies. KEEP IN MIND that if you are doing this just to get players in trouble, you yourself will find yourself in more trouble than you could have asked for as that is malicious gameplay.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Theinkern

Thank you so much! This is exactly the answer I am looking for! :D

• Like Like x 1