Poll- Safezone for builders in Survival

Discussion in 'Archived Minecraft Discussion' started by Juice Juice™, Feb 27, 2017.

?

Would you want a Safezone/Community Builder area.

1. Yes

16.7%
  2. No

72.2%
  3. I don't Care/This Doesn't Impact me

11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

Even with the new day/night cycle, there are people that want an absolute safezone for building and sharing constructs. I just want a tally for people who want this, don't care about this, or want nothing to do with it. Before voting, please make the following assumptions, even if they are unrealistic, pretend it is the absolutely ideal scenario, just so we can get a clear view of what peoples opinions are on the matter:
    -It will have absolutely no exploits.
    -It will not take up space in the PVP/survival area.
    -It will offer no advantages over people building in the pvp/survival area, including farming.
    -It will be a large enough space to fit anyone that wants to.
    -It would have no/minimal impact on PVP as a whole

I am aware that this is essentially a creative-mode area in Survival, but there are many people who don't like creative mode for any number of reasons, and still want to create a community area. For people that say this offer to much protection to players, keep in mind they still have to leave to gather materials, and with the daylight cycle protection, it changes even less.

I also ask that people do not bring other threads into this one.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  2. Azure

Azure Into each life some rain must fall. VIP

This is already possible; just gather the materials with whoever wants this to happen, and make a giant closed off dome like Adix and the others did.
    Survival server should be Survival; the new Day/Night cycle already makes it much better for Non-PvPers, but doing stuff like this would just ''nerf'' PvP even more.

I think that if this is the kind of thing you want to do, you'd probably be better off going in Creative, even if you dislike some things about it.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

My only idea is to have bodyguards come over,

The other thing that could work if sleeping though the night made it so the pvp stopped, although it might be set on a hard timer so idk. @irritatingness could answer that.
    But overall -1 unfortunately because I do like my pvp, and for people just run into a construction site and have pvp turned off would ruin my time, and others as well.

4. Juice Juice™

I am aware of the dome, but people don't like it.
    This really wouldn't have any impact on PVP, because people avoiding PVP already stay in their homes all night anyway. If anything, it would increase PVP, because people would have more time to build, forcing them to spend more time in the overworld to gather materials.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Sir Clutch

Sir Clutch they gonna talk bout me Banned VIP

stop hating on the dome

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
  6. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

If someone could explain how a separate PvE zone could Nerf PvP to me, that'd be great. Thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

It splits the community in two. There is already an incredibly small division of players between those that hang out in Creative, and those that hang out in survival.

I have been able to hang out and develop friendships with a lot of players on the MC server that I can honestly say I have not developed elsewhere on SGM. I owe this greatly to this massive, yet small world that we all exist on in MC. There is a layer of trust that you have to instill with people since there is no true 100% safe area in the survival world. Yet so far, a lot of people have survived, built friendships, and have built some pretty amazing communities including @Amatsu , @zomborg , and @Walker .

This idea 100% believe that a large portion of this is due to the fact that there still has to be at least some level of trust between players. We're helping each other survive. And yes, sometimes friendships do get broken over it. If we destroy this need for trust then we're essentially breaking these relationships down to what will just develop in to small plots in a little safe place.

I 100% disagree with this idea, and will disagree with it every time it comes up.

EDIT: I just realized I didn't 100% answer my question, becuase as writing- I actually went in a different direction than expected. What my argument was going to be was that by splitting the community even farther you're reducing the number of players that are available for PvP.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Juice Juice™

But the entire point of this is to increase the number of players within the survival server, and to bring them together. What you are saying is counter to what you want, unless trust to you is solely about killing your friends. Trust the wrong person, and they can still steal your things or destroy your property. For many people, this would be the ONLY way they would be willing to open up to other players, and to form those friendships that you like so much. This would merely expand their options, instead of forcing what you prefer onto other people.

9. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

People can't steal your things or destroy your property without you giving them /trust to your claim. This is already a preventable measure.

And yes- while you have people in the survival map, what you have proposed is still a sectioned off area with altered gameplay that destroys a lot of the trust-building gameplay I feel that has made the server pretty great so far. It might as well be a new world, since the idea proposed is treated as one.

You posted a thread asking for opinions. I gave you my opinion. I am not forcing anything on anyone. If you feel that you want to continue discussion, I will be glad to - although from this statement it sounds like this is not what you're looking for.

10. EhhChris

EhhChris Advisor. VIP Silver Emerald

PvP timer is based on current world time. If everyone on the server tried sleeping at the same time, it'd become day.

11. Harry Potter

Harry Potter The Boy Who Lived VIP Emerald Bronze

Agreed -1

12. Adix99

Adix99 Ex-Moderator Emerald

Essentially what you want is a Creative world but in survival? Doesn't make too much sense. If you want to share creations with other people that is what Creative is for. Survival is hence the name. To survive in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Juice Juice™

You told me that you are going to be opposed to this no matter what, even though there is a rather large volume of people that want it, and there are two factors that still make me question just why you are so opposed: It will force people to creative that don't want to go, and while it might keep groups from getting that hardcore trust that you desire, it will also encourage people that might otherwise remain in complete isolation to join one another. Your alternative is to send them to a different world entirely, instead of keeping them in the current one, even if that means they are less interactive than other players.
    There are people that don't like creative because nobody had to work for their materials. They still want to show off their work. This is the only way they an do it to everyone any anyone.

Would it help if we made it so no chests can be placed down, so it is purely decorational? Just an area to show off hard work and skill?

14. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

I think our concept of large is different.

[​IMG]
    EDIT: Updated to include latest numbers.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

That's quite the bar graph. As a person taking stat right now I'm convinced.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Juice Juice™

I give up. I have a couple dozen people I've seen/talked to about this who wanted it, but as of now, I am not popular with the Minecaft forum community, and the people I talk to usually stay away from the forums. Just look at some of the early, and even some of the recent, posts by other people and tell me more people don't want this.

17. zomborg

zomborg "She's like a little Satan." - CDriscoll 2015 VIP

The point of having a survival server is because of the relationships. Some people won't trust others, some people will. If people don't want pvp, there have been things set accordingly so we are free to roam during the day. A complete "safezone" area isn't realistic for MC on a small scale like this. Perhaps if we had hundreds of players where the pool for both sides of the spectrum had ample area to "do their thing", things may be different- but we don't. If you want a completely safe area- build underground and don't invite anyone.

I have a large community area and I have nowhere near the issues that you say you do. Are you sure it's general community or just you at this point? I've never seen people be that harsh to you, just disagreeing and you fly off the handle. The opinions stated above were civil and in no way attacking yours or anyone that agreed with you, yet you want to point fingers and claim no one is listening to you because nobody likes you. Don't make issues where they don't exist.

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.