Rejected [POLL] in-game chat changes for staff

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by The Law, Dec 10, 2013.

?

Do you like the idea of having [Staff] in front of all moderator/admin names in the chat?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    65.0%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

Here is the suggestion: (Competer can be credited for the idea)

This suggestion comes in light of a problem that occurs frequently when players don't see or notice that a staff member is giving out an important message. The player may fail to see a warning or question that was asked upon him. Sometimes players may overlook a staff members name in the chat or not know that he/she is a staff member. If this suggestion were to be implemented, it could speed up the response time of players.

Keep in mind, this would only effect the way staff members names appear when they type in chat.

2. Magafe

Magafe Banned

-1 I never seen over two people mistaken about the staff and how do you make a pool?

3. Amazing

Amazing Veteran Member

Where's the "IDGAF" option?

4. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

I think it could be useful to have a function, like the @@ command but not global - that highlights your username or adds a tag. So you can type as a normal player, of if needed type with the tag and highlight to be more noticable.

5. Magafe

Magafe Banned

Can you make something that says which staff is on, When someone gets on.

6. ComPeter

ComPeter VIP

Or we could just have the title of [Staff] next to each staff members name, only when we are messaging a player regarding a report/telling them rules/etc.

Then again, i never had to tell anyone that i am a staff member. Never encountered situation where i had to tell someone i am staff in order to make them follow rules/etc.

The Law, increasing response times by having this title does sound like a good idea, but once they see that slay\mute\gag on them; they will probaly listen to you the next time.

My position on this suggestion: neutral

7. Magafe

Magafe Banned

Maybe like this
    New Rank: [Trusted]: WHOISTRUSTED?
    [MOD][Staff]Slippery:
    [ADMIN][Staff]ComPeter:
    [LEAD ADMIN][Staff]Sir Lemoncakes:
    [OWNER][Staff]Highwon:

8. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

Ew no.

No :(

We don't need a "trusted" rank.

Maybe just
    [respectmyauthoritah]Slippery:

Just kidding. I honestly think just a name color change should be sufficient.

9. Killamarshall

Killamarshall Hmm... interesting.. Smite anyone?? VIP

honestly changing the color of the name IN the text box would be sufficient, i think it would work great, and be helpful

10. Scooter

Scooter Scooter#5335 VIP

+1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.