Political Throwdown (part 2)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pacifist, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Vent Xekart

Vent Xekart VIP Bronze

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  2. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

Not surprising, when I was registering to vote for the 2016 election (sent in three months prior) it was returned to me three days before the election saying it was missing the voter ID number. It was not. I was registering as Democrat in Texas.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

Don't register Democrat then :ROFLMAO:

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

Not all all suppression - long lines can always be expected on the actual voting days. Early voting has been up for a while -- with little to no wait. When you wait until the last minute to vote, you have to wait in a long line because everyone else waits until the last minute. Just do the early voting and this problem is completely avoided. It's not like places like Facebook and Twitter haven't been constantly telling you to vote early....

That's a nice anecdote, so I'll counter it with mine: I registered to vote with a simple check mark on my Drivers License form when I was renewing my license when I turned 18. Texas makes it really easy to register to vote. You can also register to vote by filling out that form, and mailing it for free. Perhaps your handwriting was not legible, if you even put the number in correctly as you said. I don't think this has anything to do with you registering as a Democrat - You may not know, but much of Texas is actually more Democrat than Republican, such as the Austin area. I have yet to hear about any of my Austin friends having trouble registering to vote. The other issue is you sent something over mail and didn't account for a mistake in your registration - it takes about a week for the mail to get sorted into the people, then probably a couple weeks to sort through the large influx of voter registrations (doing things last minute tends to have this effect...), then a while to get it sorted and mailed back out to you with the needed corrections. In total, yeah I can definitely see how this takes 3 months during peak times. At the end of the day... it's kinda your fault for procrastinating.

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

It was a digital form that was then printed, so legibility certainly wasn't an issue.

6. Sticky Bandit

Either way, you didn't allow for enough time for clerical errors, you can't wait last minute for things as important as voting.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. sleepy panda

sleepy panda A panda that may be sleeping VIP Bronze

three months is plenty

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Vent Xekart

Vent Xekart VIP Bronze

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Grumble

Grumble VIP

Imagine thinking your vote actually counts or matters....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

11. Vent Xekart

Vent Xekart VIP Bronze

Besides the fact she has so much baggage that it'd fill the entirety of Dulles International Airport? She's probably a bigger bitch than Kyle's mom AND she's more than likely Izma incarnate because of the all the winkles she has. I mean seriously, what the hell is holding that women together besides the excessive amount of Botox?

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. Sticky Bandit

honestly who the fuck cares that he got his dick sucked in the oval office
    we're all just jelly we didn't have a whore on her knees while holding the highest office of power in this country lmao

• Dumb Dumb x 3
  13. Vent Xekart

Vent Xekart VIP Bronze

Of course you're jealous of that then again its not like you're going to get any with that sort of attitude anyway.

14. Bill was definitely fuckin' children while he was in office too.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. Vent Xekart

Vent Xekart VIP Bronze

Last time I checked he was a skirt-chaser but there hasn't been any evidence of him going that far besides his association with the late Jeffrey Epstein.

16. Bernie is gone

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. 8BitF0x

8BitF0x a pixelated fox that loves rdm VIP

he died? damn he died too young

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. Lunar

Lunar 8:00PM VIP Silver

The only elective I have ever rooted for, and he dropped out of it. RIP BERNIE

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. nflstreet

nflstreet Member

congrats to trump for winning his second term

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I'm all in for Biden. He wont win, and I don't really think he goes far enough, but I'd take him over Trump in a heart beat.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3