Pokemon GO thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Noctorious, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

Does that PokeVision have a Mobile version, or is it for PC only?

2. ink

ink Genuine Happiness VIP Silver

If you load pokevision.com on your browser, it should load just fine (depending if your browser supports flash; android has flash built-in)

3. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

Seems to really struggle on my phone.

[​IMG]

4. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

The pokevision website seems to be unstable due to the amount of people visiting the site, at first it put me at Santa Monica Pier so I had to use the map to find where I was, once you do that make sure to put down a marker by double clicking then hitting the scan/update button at the bottom of the page.

5. ink

Also something to keep in mind while using one of the maps to find Pokemon's is that they are not for your player (unless you use the Python version and sign in with your own account): the pokemons you see are for an account they use, and shows pokemons for everyone: if anyone nearby catches it, it will expires ( I think you have about couple of seconds to capture the same pokemon as your neighbor). Moreover, it does not include pokemons that just spawn for you, since you do have a chance to find random pokemons by simply walking: that means that the pokemons you find using the website will have a high chance to be CP of your level, not lower or easier to catch.

Edit: tapping on the pokemon you see on either map will show you the time it expires if nobody catches it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. tz-

Tried to get the python program to work but couldn't in the end, the last step for the map to be created wouldn't work for me saying "'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

Tried all the fixes recommended and it still didn't work

ayy lmaoo

7. ink

Seems like you didn't install Python right. Open up that installer again and click "Change Python 2.7.12" and scroll to the bottom and click on the left box of "Add Python.exe to Path" and select "Entire Feature will be installed in local hard drive". Then, install and restart and try again.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. tz-

Thank Ink, that got the map to work but I'm not seeing anything right now, hopefully I will soon enough.

EDIT: I was actually putting the information wrong haha, comment I was looking at said to put @google.com one the end of it but it's supposed to be @gmail.com so its working and looping through all the steps while searching for them ayyy

Yo this shit is cool af, can't wait to see a rare pokemon on this shit and go out for it lmao

Accidentally put 1,000,000 steps in LOL

Caught a CP 62 Onix [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Shadow

Shadow The art of war - subdue the enemy without fighting VIP

[​IMG]
    My squad that I spent half an hour with taking down a level 7 gym solo

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. > Go to the Zoo to play Pokemon Go
    > Servers are down, enjoy the Zoo without Pokemon Go while people comment on my Team Mystic shirt.
    > Leave the Zoo
    > Server comes back up after leaving the Zoo.

10/10, but tbh it's a pretty good game plagued by early issues, as to be expected with a game this popular.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

Found a Dratini nest near my house.

Dragonite here I come.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. tz-

Are you using one of the maps? I highly recommend using the python one as it shows a lot more pokemon that spawn just for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. The reason for that is that you're using your own account to login.

Niantic has banned people for doing similar things in Ingress, so use that program at your own risk. It violates their TOS, and they say they will ban for it at the beginning of the TOS.

By using your own account, you're making it much more likely that you'll be caught and banned.

14. tz-

Nah I dont believe that

15. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

There is also no proof right now that leveling up also shows you different pokemon. I have been using two accounts, one low level for just messing around and my main one, which is now level 24.

They show the same pokemon always. I feel like I am doing fairly well so I will keep at it, Eh?

16. Dexter

Dexter SGM's Resident Former Rage Mod VIP Emerald

My Pokémon thus far, with some fitting, others unusual names.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm also super bumbed that I couldn't level 'Nope' up and stop at 420.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. ink

PokeScanner
    Android app (only ptc): updates every second ; new area by scrolling: gg

18. Dexter

Is it safe to use?

19. Serpentine

Serpentine snek VIP

I walked out of my house riddled with Weedles and Rattatas and a Haunter spawned right in front of me

20. Dexter

A Pincer and Arcanine trolled the hell outta me the other day, could not find them for shit even while using the whole 'top left corner is closer' strat