Pointshop Weapon Purchases

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Enemy "Rule Bot" Below, Jun 20, 2018.

?

Force reloads on weapons purchased from the point shop before use?

1. Yes

40.0%
  2. No

40.0%
  3. I have a better suggestion and have commented below.

20.0%
  1. Just a novel idea I thought about, that I assume someone came up with in the past, but I didn't see a thread dedicated to it.

Force pointshop weapons to be reloaded when initially purchased. Should balance out the spam buys from macros vs regular players or those with godlike clicking. Forces a bit of planning first.

Only real issue I see is with high capacity guns and the m249. They'd need a bit of rework on the ammo system.

-EB

2. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

I'm pretty sure two people do this on the server, and one of them doesn't even get on any more, not sure it's worth the time to code.

3. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I don't think it is something that NEEDS to be balanced. Guns still cost points, they aren't free...

4. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

Forcing a weapon reload would just be annoying. I think a better approach would be a delay before receiving the weapon. Nothing long, 1-2 seconds would be enough to prevent it being taken advantage of during a battle. Could even add in logic so if they're in a firefight it takes longer to receive.

But honestly we're just over-engineering a solution to a problem that rarely comes up.

• Agree Agree x 2