Point Betting

Discussion in 'Deathrun Suggestions' started by Scorch, Sep 8, 2018.

?

Is PixeL cute af?

1. yes

19.0%
  2. YES!

38.1%
  3. who?

42.9%
  1. Scorch

Scorch ㄣ⃒ Silver

I think it would be neat to have another way to earn (or even lose ;)) points. You can bet on a person and/or team, and if said person/team wins, the person who bet on them wins points. This is just a general idea but I think there could be some ways to tweak the system for it to be both fun and not defeat the purpose of the lotto. There should also be a minimum player amount required so it can't be abused by betting between 4-8 people for example.

One idea is that the person could win a fixed amount of points if they win (ex: a point multiplier [1.5/2/2.5x, etc]).

Another is that they could win all the points that are bet total for that round (and/or maybe the whole map duration?)

Anyway, like I said earlier, there may be a lot of tweaking that would most likely be required for this to get it just right in order to not be a broken/abuseable system. I think the deathrun gods can make this work. ;)(y)

P.S. i:love:y PixeL

• Like Like x 1
  2. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

I like the idea, plus tons of people already have gentlemen’s bets with each other on who’s gonna win the round. So +1

3. +1 what Tbaiter said

4. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

yes

5. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

I like this idea a lot - and in my opinion, it's definitely better than a "server-funded" multiplier bet.

It's a bit more exciting when you're wagering against the other players and the pool is determined by the participants :LOL:
    Only issue would be setting it up so one dude can't bet 500000 against 1 point and then the 1 point takes the 500000 on the bet. So, limit winnings to a certain factor of what you wagered :eek:?

6. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

points have no real real-vvorld value so no bankrupting small children and a bit of safe fun +1

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  7. Panduh

Panduh I love ass VIP

I like the idea, but theres gonna be tons of ways to abuse this.

8. Voca

Voca o.o Administrator VIP

Sooo something like, at round start, screen pops up this round's bet is (example 50 points), do you want to bet and which team you want to bet on?
    To make sure everyone bets the same amount and noone Overbets o.o

9. Scorch

Scorch ㄣ⃒ Silver

I’m sure there is a way to have a minimum and maximum amount to bet so it can’t be abused. Along with having a minimum player amount before you can actually bet so people don’t bet like 10k between 4 people for example.

And as for it being a bet on the entire team or a certain player is still up for debate lol. I personally think it should be player-based, since people could just vote on a certain team that may have a lot of good players to abuse getting points easily that way.

Like I stated in the op, I’m sure there’s some tweaking that could be done to make it fun without letting it be abused.

10. Toest

Toest "I am the bus" ~ Falcor, all the time VIP

I really like this

• Like Like x 1