Please read this.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Icey™, Mar 2, 2016.

Tags:
?

Should I leave this server?

1. Yes.

2. No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Machinekiller00

Machinekiller00 I <3 Gunter VIP Silver

Alright, I think this thread needs to take it down a notch. No need to start any issues in the comments.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Mr. Rogers

Mr. Rogers Lil Tokyo VIP Silver

this thread actually cant get any worse

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

this thread made me realize i want to apply again

• Dumb Dumb x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. i disagree. I think it can get worse depending on how @Icey™ reacts to all these posts.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

This thread has grown to be a mockery of something that shouldn't be taken so lightly. If you're any kind of decent person, your first reaction to this post shouldn't be that it's a "cry for attention" but rather a look for help. I couldn't tell you whether it's the newest generation of members are becoming more and more sensitive or maybe, thanks to things like the internet, they are becoming more and more willing to speak out against things like gang mentality and bullying. We live in a world where it's alright to be a bystander or maybe even join in on bullying online, but if we saw it in public, it may not even happen. These "cyber bullies" are hiding their own insecurities and the only way they can make themselves feel better is to make fun of or poke fun at others. It doesn't matter if this is a shitpost anymore; I am addressing the lack of humility among the community members. If this were someone that had a good standing in the community and made friends by trying to be one of the "cool kids" by shitposting memes, then they would be uplifted by the entire community. Why is that? Because they hit the right target audience; they touched all the right people.

This issue tends to be a double edged sword because we want to encourage people to post and not care what others think, but that will also encourage the negative posts that may tear down a person. However, you sometimes have to take the good with the bad, but the secret is to focus on the good; that mentality can be used for a lot of things in life. In my profession, colleagues that let the bad events get to them forget about the good things that happened to them; they let it eat them up and ruin their lives. I try to focus on the good things of life, because if I let myself focus on things I can't control, I will become depressed and blame myself for those things that I could do nothing about.

My advice to everyone is to think before they post. When you post something, you invite yourself to be criticized by any reader of that thread/comment. When you join into something you are now a part of it; the good and the bad. Just remember to not let the bad get to you so much and remember the good things that you've experienced. Remember that there are people on the internet that actually agree with you and care what you think. Read the negative comments, but don't let them tear you down; sometimes those people are the ones that are truly hurting. Misery loves company, my friends. If everyone would just focus on the good and try to be happy and make everyone around them happy, we might just get the chance to have a happy community, where no one feels left out.

I never thought that I would really be the person to say that, but it's true. I'm trying to better myself and not be the asshole I used to be and I'm getting there. Life couldn't be any better since I started to change and I know I feel better when I help others feel better. I know it's harder to reach a hand out to those who are down than it is to just walk on by and do nothing or even be the person putting someone down. Try to enjoy life and help others enjoy theirs; if that means not saying something negative, it's not that difficult.

Live and let live, love those around you, and be happy.

• Winner x 5
    • Agree x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Dumb x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
  6. i have to agree to many of the points you made in a general sense and i think this post is respectable, but i have to disagree on this case. there is a cry for help and a cry for attention, and given Icey's history, i believe this is a cry for attention based on his history and the tone reflected in his posts.

edit: replaced their with there

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Icey™

Icey™ Bronze

This is what I was trying to say. Guys, I wasn't trying to be all "waaa pity me I'm so sad", I'm actually saying that I fear what is next for our generation, because of so many cyberbullies and such. People think if you are like "I'm really upset, I feel like I'm being cyberbullied" they're like "No one cares, get a lyfe fokin' nurd, so what take it like a man ya p*ssy, it's called the internet jacka**". It's not funny trying to be serious and everyone making fun of you for being serious, even on a community.

Be yourself, but also think, if you made fun of someone for being their self on the internet, think about all those selfies, all those post about you. Would if someone disliked all of those and kept telling you to kill yourself and stop posting? It's not funny, and you're not funny when you do the same thing to other people.

• Optimistic x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  8. Machinekiller00

tbh I don't even know what this thread is even about anymore. I tried

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Icey™

Icey™ Bronze

My reaction to these post:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Dumb Dumb x 14
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Mason

Mason Banned VIP Silver

i hope one day we can look back on this post and not be able to reply because its locked

• Winner x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Useful x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  11. you obviously cared enough to make this post and make a poem and attempt to make an argument for it and then when people attempt to give you advice or counter your argument, you post gifs of " i dont give a fuck". it is a very immature response in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

Why?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Icey™

Icey™ Bronze

Okay, before everyone is all defensive about this post... You guys literally JUST told me to stop worrying about these post. So there's my response to these post. I learned.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  14. Machinekiller00

I tried being nice and friendly to you but if that's how you really feel then you're a dick and honestly fuck you :)

• Winner x 5
    • Agree x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  15. CDriscoll

CDriscoll Lemme advise you VIP Bronze

This has turned to a complete, utter catastrophe. Everyone in this thread needs to think before they post.

Locked.

• Winner x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  16. Icey™

Icey™ Bronze

I wasn't really mad about you.. people don't get it.... Everyone's like "Just ignore these post with h8" so there you go.

• Dumb Dumb x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Old Old x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.