Please read this.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Icey™, Mar 2, 2016.

Tags:
?

Should I leave this server?

1. Yes.

2. No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

Is this the real life?
    Is this just fantasy?
    Caught in a landslide
    No escape from reality
    Open your eyes
    Look up to the skies and see
    I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy
    Because I'm easy come, easy go
    A little high, little low
    Anyway the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me, to me

Mama, just killed a man
    Put a gun against his head
    Pulled my trigger, now he's dead
    Mama, life had just begun
    But now I've gone and thrown it all away
    Mama, ooo
    Didn't mean to make you cry
    If I'm not back again this time tomorrow
    Carry on, carry on, as if nothing really matters

Too late, my time has come
    Sends shivers down my spine
    Body's aching all the time
    Goodbye everybody I've got to go
    Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth
    Mama, ooo (anyway the wind blows)
    I don't want to die
    I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all

I see a little silhouetto of a man
    Scaramouch, scaramouch will you do the fandango
    Thunderbolt and lightning very very frightening me
    Gallileo, Gallileo,
    Gallileo, Gallileo,
    Gallileo Figaro - magnifico

But I'm just a poor boy and nobody loves me
    He's just a poor boy from a poor family
    Spare him his life from this monstrosity
    Easy come easy go will you let me go
    Bismillah! No we will not let you go - let him go
    Bismillah! We will not let you go - let him go
    Bismillah! We will not let you go let me go
    Will not let you go let me go (never)
    Never let you go let me go
    Never let me go ooo
    No, no, no, no, no, no, no
    Oh mama mia, mama mia, mama mia let me go
    Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me
    For me
    For me

So you think you can stop me and spit in my eye
    So you think you can love me and leave me to die
    Oh baby can't do this to me baby
    Just gotta get out just gotta get right outta here

Ooh yeah, ooh yeah
    Nothing really matters
    Anyone can see
    Nothing really matters nothing really matters to me

Anyway the wind blows

• Winner x 6
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  2. Viral☣

Viral☣ I'm the hero that Deathrun deserves! VIP Silver

Anytime man,You are a really nice guy and regardless of the situation I'll be there for you.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Viral☣

My hint to you is for you to just be yourself.Just like a staff once told me a while back.Dont try to be the one who is always trying to do something and messes up,just be cool.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Icey™

Icey™ Bronze

I know, I have been banned before, and like you said, I have learned. Sometimes I take things too far, and I think this post is one of them. It's because in most of my post, I'm upset, because of my depression, and I don't think before I realize how cringy my post is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

as pointed out by Noc, i was a huge shitposter back then

what i learned is you gotta take what everyone says on here with a grain of salt
    most of the time people are just trying to joke around

if you get negative feedback, just try to learn from the experience rather than repeating the same process

But have a nice day m8
    sorry you feel the way you do

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. The greatest advice you can ever get is from this guy here
    [​IMG]

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Viral☣

Broken image...

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. may i just say a few things and i do not mean to be a jerk, but im just going state a few things:

1. Posting in red makes it harder to read. Yes it grabs attention in terms of graphic design, but in papers or text form for an extended length, it hurts peoples eye ( it hurt mine) causes people to either skim or stop reading right there so the message will not be read.

2. Never post poetry and obscure "poems"* when you wish to make a point . You may intend to have a certain message but one of the very first things you learn in an literature class is that everyone interprets differently . The poem you provide can and will be interpreted opposed to your own intentions. This is why you never use a poem to push your message. you can argue that a poem makes a certain message, but you cant use a poem to send a message. It just can be misinterpreted and loses the original intent, and honestly,in my opinion, It is worst ways to try to move an audience in a certain direction as it can leave them with the "what the fuck did i just read" reaction and makes them forget the original intent of the post as going from making a point to a poem can be a drastic change in an argument.Honestly i find your post doesn't motivates me to" change the world".

TL;DR poems are not good point makers in my opinion and from an argumentative view point**

3. Honestly, you come off as very....i guess "try-hard". there's those people that want to make a HUGE change and to make people like them, but these are the exact reasons people may avoid them. People don't like people who tries to make people like them. The best thing you can do is to be yourself and don't try so hard. I feel like this is one of those instances of trying so hard especially with Rhetoric saying "lets change the world together".

4. From what I understand you made one post, and people tore it apart. so what people make bad posts or have unpopular opinions . people being hostile to posts they dont like on the internet is part of the internet. being express you dislike towards certain thing. It doesn't mean people hate you for it. They may just hate your post or your opinion. If people hated each other for having opposing opinions, people will have a lot less friends.

Honestly, i think you should not really worry about it. Making posts like this makes it seem you may be taking things to sensitively or such and give people a negative impression on you. Posts like this will get flak and attacked like reaction posts like this.

*im not sure if that's a poem or what. Ive never been good with identifying such things
    ** im not an English major and i in fact suck at Writing, but i feel like these ideas that my professors have passed on to me when they have criticized my own arguments. i believe their advice could be applied as he is taking some form argument/plea, so my apologies if this seems like pompous attitude this item in the list.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

Sometimes images are broken, you just gotta roll with it and hope the next image isn't broken

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

wtf

So much good shit has been said here. Take that advice or follow what your heart feels.

Ignore any ratings, because they're pointless.

For each person who thinks your shit is stupid, another will like it.

Let's go get on your feet.

[​IMG]

Get up there come on the ground is filthy. GET PUMPED.

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  11. Icey™

Icey™ Bronze

I try, it's mainly because I post while having what I call a "depression spree" (You would know what I mean if you had depression) and by the time I post it, I realize that it was unnecessary, and really is going to make people think opposite of what is being opposed.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

We all have problems and this community is pretty accepting of those who want help, need a place to vent, or even just to have somewhere fun to go.

I mean look at @Darktooth . That guy needs all the help he can get.

Moral of the Story - Don't Shitpost or people shitpost back. Ask for help, people will help.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
    • Agree x 7
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  13. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

also bro i read your speech. this is the internet, no one gives a shit. zero fucks are given, people go nuts whenever they want. if they don't understand you then laugh it out and move on.

but also i would tell you not to shit post but that'd be kind of hypocritical

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Solid Anunoby

Solid Anunoby VIP Silver

Hahaha. Man, if you're so worried about being criticized, Why'd ya post this? It just gives people more reason to 'Dislike' you. I mean, I don't, I think you're a real nice guy. Anyway, Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Machinekiller00

Machinekiller00 I <3 Gunter VIP Silver

Alright, all jokes aside the post honestly does look bad and your choice of color was poor. Color in a post can be nice but you're overdoing it and the colors are really dark which just make it less nice looking.

Anyways, honestly I don't dislike you and I have nothing against you and I never did. This post however changes my mind and kind of gives me a bad impression of you. I say that because I usually don't find these kind of posts necessary in the sense that you made a poll whether you should leave or not. If you really want to leave then go ahead nobody will stop you but if you don't then just continue to stay here. You shouldn't have a poll decide whether or not you stay. I'm not sure what gives you the impression that nobody wants you cause from what it seems that's not the case. You have friends here that love you and enjoy your company. You shouldn't let other people get to you and make you feel like you're not wanted. You have those who do care about you and that's all that matters.

I don't want to go to every single one of your comments and stuff but let's take a quick look at the threads you've made.

So one of the first things you did was make a suggestion to help out the servers. While we all do appreciate suggestions and it really helps us pick new content for the players to enjoy. Not everything can be added. As far as the comments go you received some positive feedback from players who also agree with you that the model you suggested should be added. However, you did suggest something that was already suggested before and it was still pending. Some members of the community were informing you that this was already suggested and that there was no need to make another suggestion for it. This wasn't a hate comment, this wasn't a troll trying to mess around with you. It was just people informing you that this was already suggested. Also if you were to check out the rules in the suggestion section of the forums the first one says 1) Search before making a suggestion to avoid clutter and spam. If you fail to search before posting and your thread has already been suggested, it will be removed. But hey mistakes happen and as a new member you probably didn't realize this but it's okay cause it happens.

Next post was your intro but that's just you introducing yourself so that doesn't really count. The thread after that which was the one where you asked people to say who they would want as staff. I'm not sure if the post was serious or not but if it was then that's a bad way to approach this. These servers have been up for awhile and they already have a system in how they pick their staff and who they chose to moderate the servers. While not perfect it has worked out well for the past 2 years and they don't really need threads like these to help them chose who they want as mods. If you were just joking around then I mean you should expect people to joke around and shit on your post. I mean if you had the intent of it being a joke then you shouldn't be upset that people made fun of you in the comments. Either way this doesn't mean that people dislike you but that they just didn't like your post. It was unnecessary and it didn't really offer much to help out the servers.

Anyways what I'm trying to say is it's not that people hate you for one little thing you say and that people think you're dumb and stuff like that. They just didn't like your post or agree with it and you're just gonna have to accept that. You can stay if you want or leave. That's all up to you and nobody is gonna stop you. Just really think about it before you go make a farewell and come back a week later. I hope you think this through and personally I believe you should stay here.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. and this is is why it is hard for me to like you. nothing wrong asking for someone to clarify their opinion hence the " Are you saying this post was crummy?", but the " I could just delete it..." screams to me " i want attention", low self esteem, and/or over sensitivity to the internet.

• Agree Agree x 7
  17. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

I love when these threads come up and I'm like "huh never even heard of this guy"

Seriously though I think you overestimate how much people give a shit about you, and I mean that in a nice way. I see a shit post and I'm like "huh that wasn't a good idea", not "oh man that guys a horrible person and My hatred for him has only grown stronger". People are going to be indifferent on the Internet. anonymity takes away a level of interaction and makes people seem less human on the other side, so we treat them worse/different.

Shit posts arent important and don't affect people enough to warrant the kind of negative reaction that you perceive to be receiving.

If I had to leave this community every time I made a shit post, the farewell section would be filled with my threads.

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

Also imma make another post instead of editing.

Those 12peope who voted yes, whether you are staff, donators, or anything you should feel ashamed. This person, @Icey™ , is an amazing person. Even if you don't think he is, cut him some slack and help him through it. Those 12 people are in my book complete assholes and deserve the trouble he is going through.

Also icey I'm sorry about the report that got the ban and I feel bad because it seems that you went down hill ever since. You got this.

EDIT: @Mason what's so funny about this? Shows a lack of respect, I looked up to you. Looks like I'm wrong.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Solid Anunoby

Solid Anunoby VIP Silver

@Icey™ , Look, I feel like you are completely exaggerating the current situation. NO-ONE "Hates" you. Hate is a very strong word, no, not word, emotion. People don't have the time and energy to go around and Hate people on the internet, they're probably too busy meme-ing. Sure, they may dislike the stuff you say, but then again, ratings mean NOTHING. They have no effect on you in-game, or even your forum reputation. It's obvious that 32 people actually, to some extent, either agreed with or liked your posts, because you have a hefty amount of positive ratings, if the ratings bother you so much. Also, be a good person in life, just be a good guy. What should really bother you here is the fact that you felt upset enough about this to make a big thread that everyone would be saying that you're a Decent chap, and that you found no-one really hates you. Now you find yourself in a very upbringing situation. Take the positivity in stride, take a deep breath, and call it a day.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Ill be honest. Im one of the people that voted yes. i voted yes not because i hate them or dislike them. im mainly indifferent with them. i disapprove of this post and a few of his other posts because i feel like its "attention whoring" but that is my opinion and interpretation of some of his/hers posts. I voted Yes because if they got really upset over a post which they claimed was a "Cancer Post" *, then i do not think they should be on here. ICY needs to take a break from the servers and forums. get a breath of fresh air and grow as a person to the point where they can handle this daily.

*source: http://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/nominate-people-for-staff.26625/page-3 "This was intended to be cancer, FYI, thanks for noticing xD" post#59

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.