Rejected Please end unreported damage.

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by ThatAintFalco, Sep 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThatAintFalco

ThatAintFalco You should’ve followed the damn train CJ VIP

Ok honestly I HATE this rule. It is so bullshit I hardly even think it's fair. Basically, even if u hit someone with 1 damage you will get reported and slain afterwards no matter what your reasoning was. Nothing is more annoying than getting reported from a mod because you damaged someone and then they ask "Why?" This causes more mass rdm bans and doesn't look good on your ban list. It pisses me off because innocent people don't need to be slain just because they dealt little damage to someone. Other servers don't do this and I agree with them because it's not considered actual rdm unless if you kill someone. Please just get rid of this rule or at least make it more fair.

• Disagree Disagree x 17
    • Dumb Dumb x 10
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Timo654

Timo654 EU BEST VIP Silver

If you damage someone for 60hp but don't get reported, I do feel like you deserve to get slain, even if the user didn't die.

You don't usually get reported for 1 hp, so I'm not sure where you took that from.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

1) Mods/admins/etc. can ignore damage up to 20 (unless this was changed since my tenure)

2) If you had valid reason to do what you did, you will not be slain, your reasoning matters.

3) If you don't want mass RDM bans because you shoot half the server half dead, mind your trigger finger.

4) Refer to 1 and 3 for why unreported damage being reported by moderators is a decent concept to make sure the rules are followed while still leaving room for minor mistakes.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

Now, other servers may interpret RDM differently, but this is not other servers. This is SGM with its own rules and traditions and what not.

Now, let me ask you a question: If you're okay with unreported killings, why are you bothered by unreported damage?

Let's say a person has 20 hp left and you kill the person with crowbar swing. What's the difference in terms of damage than me just crowbarring a person with 100 hp.

Even so, damage threshold is a thing where mods can ignore unreported damages up to 20, however, they can choose to report them if they suspect something afoul like a person intentionally abusing the damage threshold to avoid being slain.

5. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

Also, moved to Suggestions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Salem

Salem VIP

Not much else I can say that hasn't already been said.

If you damage someone you have altered the rest of their game, they could use that health in a fight against a T. There is no logical reason why anybody would need to randomly hit someone with a crowbar or randomly shoot them.

Accidents do happen, but as you hear frequently- Accidental rdm is still rdm.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

Players don't always know who damaged them, and why. Let's say you're just playing and you got sniped for 40hp randomly. You don't know who shot you. It's the staff member's duty to help the players who need it by getting unreported damage taken care of.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

But without this so many RDMers would get away :(
    Have to say -1 on this one dude

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Jässa

Jässa Thick thighs save lives VIP

I would support this if Highwon would give us proper damagelogs like most other servers do. Players could then properly look up if/when they were RDMed etc themselves when they care about it so mods dont have to waste their time doing it. (Also I wouldnt have to waste mods time reporting players only to find out the answer is unid which I could had just seen myself from deathscene) Obviously there should be a sideoption for mods to start reporting people if they see them constantly do damage for what seems for no reason but it should just be kept for people who are messing around on purpose.

Right now its -1, you are just being careless if you are constantly getting slain for small amount of damage. Regulars who play decently and accidentally damage people once, for most part can get discretion through mod->admin.

(And tbh like half of the entire staff barely even do unreported, people who rdm on me accident constantly go without slays if I dont want them slain and dont tell the mods about it so its not even a big problem rn)

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

lelno

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. ThatAintFalco

This happens every time I post something. :(

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

It's not a good suggestion. That's why you're getting a lot of disagrees and dislikes.

13. Jässa

Jässa Thick thighs save lives VIP

It seems like you made a suggestion to get rid of unreported damage on whim after getting slain for it. Your post has like no good points.
    If you had a good reason you wouldnt get slain. Also we have 1-20 dmg discretion on every staff member so if you are good acting player and you legitly on accident hit someone, chances are mods will let you go with a warning to be more careful.

If you are getting so many reports from mods on unreported damage that you are getting banned for it then you absolutely deserve them. Dont be so triggerhappy/be more careful, unreported damage is 50% there to punish people who constantly damage people for little damage that normal people cannot really report.

Like said before, 20 damage done to you for no good reason at 100 hp or 20 hp is still 20 damage done for no reason.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Adminツ

Adminツ VIP

[​IMG]

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Bottom line:

Don't attack people randomly for no reason.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. (ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一

(ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一 Always Gray ︻デ═一 VIP

Hey falco,

As much as i do not care for unreported damage myself it is a tool which the staff must utilize and often times is handy.

Have you ever been shot in the middle of the round for no reason and proceded to kill the person only to find out they were innocent? This happens quite a lot where someone attempts to kill another player with no valid reason. Our rules on unreported allow us to go in and investigate the situation using the rdm manager and if we can find a reason for the damage via deathscene or radio logs the unreported should stay unreported. Although when the staff online can not find a reason with the tools at our disposal is when a report should be made to find out why said damage happened.

I agree unreported is a bit overkill as of late, i find myself on servers with staff not investigating unreported properly, they see the damage is flagged and they report it. I think staff doing this should investigate the flagged unreported better to avoid the frustrations you are experiancing. That being said sometimes something is missed when investigating the damage and given clarification from the report we can go in and see your reason for the damage.

I support unreported damage but i dont support the half ass investigating that causes unessissary reports.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  17. i mean, if you get hit by someone, and you actually care, then you would report. but, say someone rifle shots you nd you dont know who did it. if, at the end of the round, you had a good way to see who hit you, then i would support this. as of now, no. -1

18. ThatAintFalco

Gee thx guys! Really appreciate it! I was just coming up with an idea. :mad::mad:

• Dumb Dumb x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

Most of just gave feedback Falco, we don't mean any harm by it :oops:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

And they were simply stating their opinions.

It's what happens when a relatively against the norm idea is made and suggested as a new way of life, you get people coming out from the woodworks who are passionate about their way of life and don't want to see a change, and simply state their opinions towards the change. From what I see, any emotionally charged statements that were made were aimed towards the idea of such change, not to attack you. And that's ok.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.