PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (pubg) guide

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Theinkern, May 31, 2017.

1. Theinkern

Theinkern Inkern VIP Bronze

Hello everyone, my name is Theinkern (inkern) and I am going to create a nice guide for new players and players who are just looking for some cool tips that will help them get the winner winner chicken dinner.

Let me start off with what to do when you actually get the game installed. This can include old players as well who are having frame issues and just want the game overall to perform better.

Everyone needs to go to their games under library in steam then right click the game PUBG (player's unknown battlegrounds) then properties then set launch options on the bottom. Now here we are going to input information based on the specs of your computer.

These are the Minimum requirements for PUBG (may change as game is still early access).
    • CPU: Intel Core i3-4340 or AMD FX-6300.
    • GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB or AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB.
    • Memory: 6 GB.
    • Storage: 30 GB.
    • DirectX: 11.1 compatible video card or equivalent.
    This is important to note the 6gb of Ram that is required.

Ok for your SET LAUNCH OPTIONS I want you to input this information (don't do it just yet).

-refresh 144-maxMem=13000-malloc=system-USEALLAVAILABLECORES-sm4

This information allows pubg to grab more resources from your computer and be a bit more reliable this will improve how well the game actually runs. My affect was about 20-30 frame improvement ( I run average 55 fps while streaming). Now to break down each part so you know what to use these settings for.

Refresh= basically the refresh of your monitor, this is not absolutely needed but it can help a bit. Go ahead and look up the refresh rate of your monitor and you can set it to what setting it is. Mine is 144.

Mem= basically is the amount of ram you are dedication to the game. Overall with max settings you are going to use 10gb. The 13000 is roughly 13gb. So to break it down it is 1gb=1,000mb. Be careful with these settings. You want at least 2-3 gb in the background to at least handle what your pc or laptop does in the background. I have 24gb so I run 13000mb.

The malloc system part is basically allowing your operating system to communicate with the game and decide how much ram to give it. This is an important part as the game is not fully optimized yet and this should help with some fps.

The useallavailablecores does exactly as it says.

The sm4 is helpful for players who have issues when running the game. This basically drops direct x 11 to 10 for some things if I remember correctly which allows you to run a bit better (at the cost of outlook on the game).
    That is just the start though. These settings should help you at least get the game going and improving a bit more fps. Another way to improve fps is when you launch the game and go to the main menu of the PUBG screen you will see a gear on the top right. I want you to click that then go to settings. In there you will see video settings and I want you to set shadows and foliage to the absolute lowest you can go. This will help improve your game by a solid 3-5 fps most likely.

Ok time to dive into the actual game tips and tricks and helpful information that I have noticed and seen on forums, and mythbusting and testing.

(jk) skip to next blue for tips and tricks

First off let me start on why I enjoy the game so much and why I enjoy playing with the people that I do play with.

The reason why I play: The game overall has a realistic type of feel to me and the game feels a lot like battlefield as far as how the guns work. This is what satisfies me the most is being able to get those nice hits on players where you have to lead and judge based on bullet lag (travel speed of bullet is different in each gun) and bullet drop (different in each gun). There is such a nice feel to this third person shooter it reminds me of some great past games I used to play. The first person is good as well and aiming in both 1st and 3rd is pretty good.
    Yes, the game is still a wip, but as far as it is going the game is working great and is extremely satisfying when you get a kill or win. I highly recommend you stop debating on to get this game or not and just grab it. It is definitely worth the 30$.

Why I enjoy playing with the people I play with: You may question on why I enjoy playing with new players or players who seem to be only decent at this game, but those players I have the most fun with. It will suprise you how good these players are when you get to know the player and constantly que up with them. I will use @Starkiller (atlas) as my example. This dude is my back. He covers me from all possible ways while I focus on targets from afar. Without him on my team I get nervous and anxious that I am going to get shot because I don't have this dude on my 6. I will state that the most fun I ever had in a game was with @Starkiller @Doben @Kyül as these dudes kept me up all night and we were laughing the entire time. (que the milkshake song).

Overall find people you like playing with and have fun, try not to be a salty pringle about winning, just have fun and you will get the most out of this game.

(start here)

Ok now it is really time for tips and tricks.

What guns should you chose over others and why should you chose them?

Well I like to break it down into classes, sniper, marksmen, heavy frontal, medic.

This is my list of favorite guns and it all depends on the player.
    Kar98>ak>sks>ump>m4>scar>m16>vector>vss> other guns. Here I will link a picture showing gun damage range and so on. This guide is not completely up to date but is good to get a general idea.
    [​IMG]

Now the guns you chose are based on what you want to do for that game or the gun you just like having overall the rest due to control or dmg.

As far as dmg you are going to want to swing with Ak or kar98 as these weapons cause deadly headshots with kar insta down or kill a player up to lvl 2 helmet and ak being able to 2 tap most of the time on the head. The other guns will usually take 3 or more depending on level of helmet or gear.

This is a great video that gives a (decent idea of how the guns work)

Now to break down the classes as I like to do.
    Sniper: 8x or 4x scope on a rifle (kar98 or others that drop in a crate) Decent gear, black coat, ghillie suit(drops in packages) decent gear.

Marksmen: 4x or 8x scope on a rifle or ak or gun with good control (m4, scar) then carrys some extra 7.62 for self or sniper. Will carry smokes and maybe a frag. Decent gear lvl 2 or higher

Heavy frontal: These are your rush players who run with ump, vector, or an AR aiming to spray down or rush down a player hiding a building. These are best suited for players who have strong armor lvl 2 and recommended that you have at least one piece of 3.

Medic: This player is going to sacrifice some ammo space to carry more medical equipment for other players. This means more med kits, first aid kits, regeneratives and such.

When I run duo with @Starkiller I am often the sniper and or marksmen and heavy frontal, while atlas is a marksmen/medic. We both interchange but this is what works best for the both of us and creates great support for each other.

Now that is just the background info that you can use to help you in any way. Here we start to talk about what to do when you first enter the game and where do you pick to land and such. Here is a link to the map to help show what I am talking about.
    [​IMG]

Now here you can see the areas where loot is high as far as RNG factor goes and where vehicles may or may not spawn.

When you start a game you will sit in a starting area for 1min and then load onto a plane that will go in one direction and once it reaches the last point of land possible it will force you out. When deciding there are many factors as to why you should chose an area over an area. The biggest thing is to avoid dropping right over a city that a plane can go directly over as this will have a high concentration of players which dramatically decreases your chance of winning. When a plane goes in a direction such as this: [SPOILER="plane direction] [​IMG] [/SPOILER]

You are going to want to over dropping over Mylta, pochiniki, roznok,georgopol, and zharki (kinda zharki). The reason I say kinda zharki as a majority of players jump at other cities as this is the last city to jump to. Now a good thing to note is that 1 yellow square is 1km and each white square is 100meters.

POST CUT IN 3 DUE TO CHARACTER LIMITATION----------------------------------------------------- read 2nd and 3rd post

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Theinkern

This is important to note because if you are diving without a parachute you will only go about 1km. If you pull your chute early and guide to a place while maintaining 30-40kmph you will get hopefully 3km if done correctly. Easy way to do that is to just tap w every once in a while and keep watching the number on the left hand side of your screen. This will take additional time but often you will be alone in the direction you go. For example if you were to jump from the map above on that plane direction at the first white square in the purple and chute as soon as you exit the plane you can reach military base and get loaded up pretty easily.

Another tip is that without pulling the chute pull your mouse back and your character will nose dive reaching a max speed of 234 which will allow you to get to the ground faster than just floating down ( Don't worry your chute will automatically pull when you get close enough).

Important notes for when you are actually in the game.

When you land on the ground there is a multiple items to pick up in house and in cities. Cities usually generate more stuff and big buildings (apartments school warehouses). These will have the best items usually and highest chance of RNG.
    The items you want to really look for first is a gun to protect yourself if enemies are nearby, if not look for a backpack.
    With the backpack you can carry more items and more depending on level of backpack. Now chest plates and helmets do not take any space and chest pieces actually provide more carry weight. So always pick these up.
    Then moving on to medical.

Medical

As far as medical goes the first aid kits will bring you to 75% and take around a good 6 secs while the med kits will bring you to 100% but take 9secs or more. It is important to note that these both take a lot of weight especially the med kits. Now this does not mean that two first aid kits will get you to 100%, it will only bring you to 75% max. Bandages weigh a lot less and heal about 5-8% and take 2-3 secs to use. These are good if you just finished a fight and don't need immediate medical. Bandages you only want to carry just about 10-15 at a time (they drop in 5s). Bandages will also only bring you to 75% max.

To reach 100% without a medkit you will need regeneratives ( pain killers or energy drink). These two items will heal you from 75 to full only using one. It is important to note you can stack 2 or 3 to get faster healing and more healing out of it. This is what you want to do when the game reaches only a few teams or players left. Go ahead and use all your painkillers as this will give you another shot that you can take as you will heal once while you are damaged usually. It is also good to note that if you have mutliple stacked I believe you will run faster as will indicate above your healthbar a guy running.

Adrenaline shots will act as 2-3 painkillers and will heal you for a lot over time (believed to only be found in crates).

Protection

As far as protection goes it is pretty straight forward. Lvl1,lvl2,lvl3 each one improves in durability and that amount of damage you take and carrying capacity (except helmets). Lvl3 helmet will protect you from getting shot and instantly being down or killed from kar98 and being easily two shot by other guns.

Another thing to note is that everything acts as cover, hide behind a door even as there is not any bullet penetration. A door will only break after getting hit so many times and create a hole then a bigger hole then breaking. Doors are really beefy. Love shacks as I like to call them or little sheds will protect you from everything. No bullets will penetrate into this, but there is glass surrounding the top that will allow players to shoot in from an angle or throw nades in. Use cover and 3rd person players to spot them and get the drop on them before others.

Frying pan will cover your butt and deflect bullets (always pick this melee over all others). Also while sprinting towards someone, take this out to cover the front.

Equipment (nades too)
    As far as equipment if you hover any item it will tell you exactly what it does. It is important to note that silencers both silent your gun and act as a flash hider. Silencer is extremely op on snipers and AR and you want this over flash hiders and compensators. Compensators are better for semi auto guns or when you want to full auto (for example you don't want a compensator for a sniper, only for a sks (semi sniper).

As far as magazines for guns the best one to get is a Ext. quickdraw magazine for all the guns. This will not only improve reload speed, but will increase how many bullets in a magazine. For example Ak47 usually has 30, but with extended mag or ext quickdraw it will have 40. Usually what you want is Ext quickdraw> extended mag> quickdraw. 10 extra bullets or a few extra bullets will make a difference in fights trust me.

Scopes this all depends on what you like. For me Red dot sight makes it clear 4x is a good medium to long range scope (i use third person for close range and full auto). 8x is for extreme ranges to medium. Now for scopes there is a zeroing option you will see beneath your scope that will say 100m. You can change this by page up and page down how you want to zero in your scope. Please note there is still travel speed in bullets.

Grenades !!!!! These you want smokes as these are very effective in creating a smoke screen wall and allowing you to get away. Always pick these up until you have at least 3. Frags are the same deal, they are highly effective and once you get used to how they bounce they are deadly!. Flashbangs or stun nades (just ignore they only work kinda) maybe grab one?

Combat and callouts to your team

This is important and there are still some players who do not get this mechanic. Refrain from saying "THERE IS A GUY OVER THERE" as this will not help your teamates while in game. The easy way to solve this is to figure out the distances in game and the compass on the top middle part of your screen while you are in game.
    [​IMG]

As you can see here this player is facing west and if he was to call someone out for being across the street it would be 50-70 meters. So for example what you would do is say " ENEMY or PLAYER 50 meters West of my location." This will give a clear cut answer to your teammates and they will be able to figure out where they are. Another thing to say in a callout is what they are near by " He is behind the road hiding behind the hill." With this call out you almost just pinpointed exactly where that enemy is.

Another good thing is if you can't really explain or want a pinpoint push M and right click on the map where the player is so your team can get an visual on the minimap or actual map. Remember that each square is 100m so look at your minimap if you need to judge distance.

As far as combat you want to be very careful rushing into a house with players that are already in there. A good way to know this is if the doors are closed on one house and not the others surrounding it. Another good way is that the doors are close but inside doors are all open. The player camping inside will hear you first 99% of the time as footsteps are loud. Always clear your corners and 3rd person up and down places to make sure you aren't going to get shot the moment you walk in. Sometimes it helps to just throw a frag in and wait to hear footsteps run away.

While running into a building and you spot a player in room next to you or right next to you hold down your mouse two as this will third person and tighten your spray. Try to avoid third person in close combat as if a players move to the right you have to turn your mouse and the player in third person will beat you. Only use your sights if you want to pinpoint on a player that has some distance.

Vehicles

This one will be a bit short. The Jeep has a bit more armor and isn't glued to the ground like dacia (car) is. The car is glued to the ground and offers a bit of protection more so than the buggy and the car is the 2nd fastest in the game. The buggy is only a two seater and is 3rd fastest jeep being last. The Bike and bike with sidecar, the only difference is the ability to do tricks and the seats. The bike is fastest and holds 2 seats, the sidecar holds 3. While in the bike and going up a ramp hold space or ctrl to do a backflip or frontflip in the bike.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't get out of a moving car this will dmg and sometimes insta kill you, just ask @That One White Guy . He knows lol.

Edit #2: New update 6/29 made it so the vehicles will spawn facing different directions.

Circle or gas wall and red zone

These are very important to stay aware of. The red zone is a bombing zone which takes a few seconds to start bombing. The bombing zone is not too much of a concern if you are indoors, but if you are outdoors, get OUT!

The white circle is the next play area that is starting. When you start the game it will take a few secs for it to pick a random spot on the map you will have 4-5mins to get to this area not including waiting time on blue zone to close on the white circle ( about 2-3 minutes). The blue zone is the actual gas wall or dmg wall that will dmg you. Each time it reaches the white circle the more damage it will do.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Theinkern

As the game reaches near the end or midgame you want to try hit middle of the circle so you have more time to adjust and defend a position than running into a defended position. 70% of the time you will win a firefight if you are the one defending the location as you have 3rd person advantage and camping advantage. Use the blue wall to your advantage if you know a player is outside the white zone and the blue wall is closing wait for him to come to you, don't get impatient as you can make a mistake.

An important note to remember is that if the zone is closing near the two giant bridges there will most likely be players camping the bridge as it is a easy choke point. SCOPE OUT A BRIDGE BEFORE CROSSING IF YOU HAVE TIME. If you do notice players and dead bodies and such, maybe take a boat or get the first few shots on them. Do not try to ram through cars as this will get you killed.

More to be possibly added as I continue to play or someone PMs me with some mistake I made or something to add. You can pm me to add to myth section too if you want.

Myths​
    • The jacket allows you to carry more (BUSTED)
    • Being underwater stops you from getting hit (CONFIRMED)
    • No shoes allows you to be silent or less sound than shoes. (BUSTED)
    • You can die from standing under a falling crate
    • More to be added
    • Cars that natural spawn will always face east (CHANGED SO BUSTED)
    Thank you for taking the time to read the guide. I tried my best to help out any new players reading this and some experienced players as well. I hope this guide will help you.

Also watch out for bridges ;)

Any questions feel free to comment below :)

Channel log: 7:1:2017
    • Fixed vehicles facing a different direction now
    • Groza is and glock is now added
    • Sidearms section under weapons.
    • Patch notes section now added to check out what has changed
    • New weather added (clear skies, dusk)
    • Destructible shack.
    • Added a new map to page 1 including elevations.
    • GUN damage updated with new link including groza and p18 (glock) https://res.cloudinary.com/pvplive/...uto/article_images/pubgdamagechartupdated.PNG
    • New video of sounds !

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Kyül

Kyül Caged Bird VIP Bronze

#MakeThisSticky

Im flattered you consider your best session to be with me ngl :love: Its a mutual feeling

Awesome guide btw, really needs to become Sticky

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. (ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一

(ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一 Always Gray ︻デ═一 VIP

Thank you @Theinkern for making this amazing guide to Pubg! Also didnt know I was the number 1 dude to get your 6, although we work together like we are in eachothers heads.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Brahma

Brahma Homecoming. VIP Silver

I'm not sure if anyone has this issue, but times when I drop out of the plane the houses take a while to load and if you try to walk through you end up teleporting back out.

7. (ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一

(ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一 Always Gray ︻デ═一 VIP

Hit Tab to open your inventory, it will freeze you for a few seconds but it will force your buildings to load.

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. Janppa

Janppa VIP Bronze

If u want the game to start a bit faster you can go to your game file location which should be "Steam\steamapps\common\PUBG\TslGame\Content\Movies" and delete LoadingScreen.mp4
    New patches might redownload it so u might have to do it again

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

This games a cpu killer :( but fun asf

10. Theinkern

Even with all the things i listed above to put in launch options ?

11. Kyül

Yeah ive done that and so many other things and it doesnt really help much. I get max 25 fps with overclocked cpu

12. Theinkern

What graphics are you running it at and what cpu?
    Also how much RAM you got

13. Kyül

Everything on very low except view distance which is on low
    12G RAM with 10 assigned to it when I launch it
    i5 7200U

14. Theinkern

This is going to sound funky but redo your launch options, dedicate 9500, make sure you have useallavalablecores thing and set anti aliasing to high, graphics high and processing or post processing ultra, and distance thing to high or ultra. Then tell me fps, also watch out on your ram Incase you are peaking over 12gb cause that can cause some issues.

15. Kyül

Yeah ive tried that before. Before putting Anti and Post up boosted me to 30fps but now it lowers me to 12 and textures even more. IDK what happened tbh. Also, when you say I should dedicate 9500, do you mean with maxmem or through Task Manager?

16. Theinkern

-maxMem=9500 Do that in your launch options.

17. Your a G bro.

@PixeL just posted this in the Teamspeak.

Thanks man.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Theinkern

Groza/glock update. Watch this video to catch up with the new.

Also updated the guide a bit, still gotta do more work and add new weapon chart soon as all stats for groza are found out.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=O3vi4Gq29Kw

I highly recommend you take a glance at the Pubg map on first page in the spoiler. It includes elevations and should make driving a bit easier on you and positioning.

19. Dean W.

Dean W. Half-Blood Cringe Kid VIP Silver

Is this game worth 30$?

20. Theinkern

Yes I highly recommend this game as it is worth 30$.

Also the Gun damage including the groza and glock and any other small weapon changes have been included in the new gun damage chart.
    On the first page spoiler labeled (gun damage)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1