Other Plant Parenthood

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Santa Claus, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

Yo so like here's a bunch of shit I've been doing over the last four months.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Hongo

Hongo VIP

PVC Piping + Fertilizer? You're lucky the FBI hasn't come.

do you eat em

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Santa Claus

yeah i ate one of the cucumbers the other day. it got frost damaged so i plucked one off and holy shit it tasted so good.

They were chicago pickling cucumbers and it seemed like they had some nutty taste to them like cashews.
    I'm planning to harvest the entire year with the things growing in the tent but it's more of an experiment at this phase.

Changing out the nutrient reservoir every 1-2 weeks SUCKS ASS, so one day I hope to build a bigger system in my yard and put a tiny fish pond to manage the nutrients.

4. Santa Claus

Gonna go ahead and add that yes its a bitch to change out the water every week but its still better than dealing with soil and watering everything twice a day

5. Hongo

Hongo VIP

arent earthworms supposed to be good for that

6. Hongo

Hongo VIP

i also notice your avocado, i too am growing two of these. theyre bout 3 feet tall now

7. Santa Claus

i had mine going great. the root system grew to around 6-8" long and the leaves still haven't sprouted.

so my dumbass put it into the grow tent with stagnant water in a jar. Pulled it out a week later with algae and brown roots and placed it into the NFT pipe system.

The roots are still growing and the new parts of them are white, so I'm hoping it'll recover.

8. Santa Claus

this is a more recent photo, taken 3 days ago (3/9/19)
    The first shot was on 2/23/19
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

Any Venus flytraps?

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Santa Claus

Nope I couldn't take care of them. I'll try again someday. Those fuckers died in the type of soil I had them in.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Vent Xekart

Vent Xekart VIP Bronze

I've tried raising carnivorous plants before, more specifically pitcher plants and in my experience they are difficult to care for.

12. Santa Claus

what the fuck bro, they're like, growing dude
    [​IMG]

some of these are gonna have to gtfo because there really isnt enough space in there

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  13. Santa Claus

Most of what remains. Big toe mater in the back of the tent from last post is a giant fucking messy bush of leaves now.
    All of the plants shown below were once growing hydroponically. They had a little bit of trouble due to a few reasons:
    first, they were no longer getting ALL the water/light/nutrients 24/7
    second, I had to rip off the majority of the roots from the plants to remove them from the hydro system.

Big messy bush bitch to the left is actually extremely healthy. It would do better if i staked it properly, but whatever.

Massive pumpkin plant died from Aphids. They chewed through the root at the base of the plant. I have another growing at work with a pumpkin about the size of a football.
    It's supposed to grow over 500 lubs but i doubt that.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. Makuzi

Makuzi Now we all pray blood stains wash away VIP Silver

boi
    where's the weed?

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

I misread the title and got really excited for some controversial shit

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1