Planet Coaster

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by STONEY, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

Dang I wish making roller coasters like that was as easy as Minecraft TTT maps :sneaky:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

So like you get someone to design and make the coaster, then you ride it?? :p

• Like Like x 1
  3. STONEY

STONEY I AM FIRE, I AM DEATH. VIP

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. STONEY

8 more hours of work and 3,000 (Blue) wooden beams later:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rambo

Rambo Shoot first, ask later. VIP

Is that Superman I see?

• Like Like x 1
  6. STONEY

Why, yes it is :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. STONEY

Starting to realize that detailing each coaster/section of the park at a time makes things way more efficient for the time being. So that's what I'll be doing for now.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. STONEY

Progress!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. Anna

Anna before we fade VIP

I honestly cannot wait to see the final product!

It looks so good so far (y)

10. STONEY

Time to get back to working on the project. Took too long of a break from it.

11. STONEY

So, I very recently got back into my project after probably taking a year break from it. And I realized through some updates the game has had they introduced something called, Scenario Editor. With the editor you're able to increase the size of the map. That for me changed everything. The biggest flaw of my project was that the spacing between the coasters and pathways wasn't to scale to the real park (cause I'm doing a recreation).

So I swallowed a big pile of shit and decided to completely start from scratch.

Here is my current progress:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And to make absolute sure things are as close to perfect as possible, I got this measuring tool someone else created in the workshop and started measuring off of google maps to keep things to scale. Here's a preview of that:

[​IMG]

12. STONEY

I have to share this immediately! I just discovered this person who is recreating Disneyland. Absolutely amazing how they are doing it. Everything is precise and accurate. Please give them some credit, check out their twitch and follow them. Spent over 900 hours to where they are now. Just incredible! Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/marys_revenge

[​IMG]

13. STONEY

More Progress!

[​IMG]

14. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

I was hoping there would be some more focus on the management aspect of the park in this game, but it's pretty disappointing in this area. I love tycoon-style games but more for the "business" side. Environment design was never my strength so I find it difficult to enjoy this game, unfortunately.

• Like Like x 1