Approved Person Bot's Appeal

Discussion in 'Deathrun Ban Appeals' started by Person Bot, Jan 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Person Bot

Person Bot New Member

Your In Game Nickname:
    Person Bot
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:80792860
    Which Server:
    Deathrun
    Why you should be unbanned:
    This will contain two parts to the ghosting issue, as it is first a warning then a ban.

WARNING) One trap was a classic "which path is correct" trap. Somebody who I was spectating was thinking he was ahead, so I just told him that the trap was already set. This I think was fair that I got the warning for, even if I did not tell him which way was the correct one. I was still crossing a clear line.

24 HOUR BAN) Same trap, but all of our team was at the trap but one, which how far away they were is unknown. We figured out the first parts to it, in which somebody died. I stated the wrong direction casually, mainly pointing out the obvious. A little while later, I got the ban.

I understand that I may have been crossing a line with the warning, but I'm not sure about the ban part. An explination on how it was ghosting who be nice if I am not appealed, and I apologise if this was a waste of your time. Thank you.
    Evidence of Innocence:

2. LegitCake

LegitCake Loyalty Banned VIP

Gonna tag @NoHackJustGood as he was the one who banned you. Please be patient for his response.

3. Person Bot

Person Bot New Member

Okay, thanks!

4. NoHackJustGood

NoHackJustGood Hai :) VIP Silver

I'll be responding to this shortly. Please be patient.

5. NoHackJustGood

NoHackJustGood Hai :) VIP Silver

Hey @Person Bot,
    I apologize for the delay in my response, and let's go over why you were banned.
    First, you were banned for ghosting and because you did it twice, you got banned for one day.
    What is ghosting?
    [​IMG]
    Ghosting is simply telling alive players information that can change the outcome of the round while dead. During your first offense, you told BlueSilveryWind, a living runner, which traps were activated. This is considered ghosting because you leaked information that BlueSilveryWind wasn't aware of yet. During your second offense, you notified BlueSilveryWind which platforms to step on. Because BlueSilveryWind wasn't aware of this information, I had no choice but to ban you for ghosting. This video shows your first offense, and this other video shows your second offense of ghosting. Because of your ban history and how you approached this situation, I'll be unbanning you, but the ban will not be voided. This means if you get banned again within the next 3 months, you will be punished for a longer period of time. I highly recommend reading the message of the day (!motd) when you join the server. If you have any questions about this appeal or our rules, you can send me a conversation here on the forums. Have a great night!

Appeal:
    Approved
    Thread: Locked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.